MV Agusta Forum banner

Advice on first F4R -14 purchase

6K views 36 replies 9 participants last post by  Roehr@1250sc 
#1 ·
Hello.

I just test rode an F4R 2014 and fell in love with it.

Currently driving a Buell 1125CR.

I mainly drive on twisty roads or highways.

Usualy drives 5000km per seasson.

I have found a deal from an local shop and i want your opinions in it.

F4R 2014
11000km (1100mil)
Price is 10500 euro (99900sek)

Is it a good price?

What should i look for if i buy it?

How much and when is the next service?

Thanks
Joakim

See less See more
#3 ·
Sweden. So i Will just ride it for about 6 months every year. But i will ride it not just look at it ?

MV is not a big brand here.

I like odd motorcycles thats why i ride i Buell ?

I also like it to be reliable. The oddball buell has worked flawless for 10000km.

#4 ·
MV is not a big brand anywhere.... So if unique and different is your style you have come to the right place! I think that is a reasonable price....but I'm not sure how the market is in your part of the world.

The F4 is a very reliable bike....just do the needed services correctly and in a timely fashion. Rear hub service is important. Fuel lines and connectors are also. It's an easy bike to work on, and Donsy has the workshop manuals on his site....and lots of friendly folk from all over the place here to talk with.

#5 ·
fell in love

Yes, it's a common theme. :)

F4R 2014 11000km (1100mil) Price is 10500 euro. Is it a good price?

~$12500USD for a 6500 mile '14 F4R is a very good price here for that, so it must be an even better price in Sweden, as I was just in Stockholm not too long ago and boy is everything expensive. The purchasing power parity between US and Sweden favors the latter, as the Big Mac Index should uncover. Go for it!

How much and when is the next service?

Check out Donsy's signature for links to the manuals.

Thanks
Joakim
Arthur

#8 · (Edited)
The price for the F4 R is fantastic, are you sure it's the R version?
Main difference from the base F4 ABS to the F4 R are the Ohlins rear shock and wheels (similar to the Panigale S). As usual just check who was the previous owner and if the throttle was changed under warranty. Mine and a few others were changed with an upgrade.
I'm with Arthur everything is so expensive in Sweden apart from bikes.:grin2:
If you're looking for an aftermarket exhaust look at my sale here for the BODiS slip on that I'll have available next Monday.
Wellcome to the Forum.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/23-a/219873-sale-bodis-exhaust-f4-slip-2010-a.html

#17 ·
I got a hold on the previous owner of the bike,

He has had a lot of small problems

Rear brake not working, Water inside dashboard, warped disc, dead batterys , lost screws on kickstand and fairings, exhaust valve malfunction,

He has a full documentation in Swedish (http://junk.hangout.se/mv.txt)

Problems he had:

Åtgärder:
* 2015-03-26 Luftning av bromsar (Bleeding of the brakes)
* 2015-04-08 Byte av Batteri (Replaced Battery)
* 2015-04-14 Luftning av bromsarder bak, Sulas MC (Bleeding of rear brake)
* 2015-04-20 Byte av Batteri (Replaced Battery)
* 2015-07-06 Byte av bromscylinder - Bakbroms går fortfarande inte att låsa, men "det är ofta så på ABS-hojar". (Replaced rear brake cylinder)
* 2015-07-26 Skruva fast stöd och ersätta bultar. (Lost screws in kickstand and body)
* 2015-08-04 Byte av bromsskiva fram (replaced warped front disc)
* 2015-08-04 Byte av instrumentpanel. (Replaced dash board)
* 2016-03-12 Tar ut MCn för första gången efter vintern, har ingen bakbroms igen. (First ride of the seasson, Rear brake not working)
* 2016-03-12 Avgasspjäll trasigt. (Exahust valve broken and fully open, Previous owner fixed the by tightning wires as MV did not want to take it under warranty)

So what do you guys make of this information?

#18 ·
I got a hold on the previous owner of the bike,

He has had a lot of small problems

Rear brake not working, Water inside dashboard, warped disc, dead batterys , lost screws on kickstand and fairings, exhaust valve malfunction,

He has a full documentation in Swedish (http://junk.hangout.se/mv.txt)

Problems he had:

Åtgärder:
* 2015-03-26 Luftning av bromsar (Bleeding of the brakes) - normal maintenance
* 2015-04-08 Byte av Batteri (Replaced Battery) - standard battery isn't great specially if you stop during the winter most have changed with a better option
* 2015-04-14 Luftning av bromsarder bak, Sulas MC (Bleeding of rear brake) - normal maintenance
* 2015-04-20 Byte av Batteri (Replaced Battery) - He replaced twice the battery?
* 2015-07-06 Byte av bromscylinder - Bakbroms går fortfarande inte att låsa, men "det är ofta så på ABS-hojar". (Replaced rear brake cylinder) - Probably following the rear brake not ok, but normally it's because of the position/heat.
* 2015-07-26 Skruva fast stöd och ersätta bultar. (Lost screws in kickstand and body) - First thing to check on the bike maintenance!
* 2015-08-04 Byte av bromsskiva fram (replaced warped front disc) - I've heard issues specially on the Turismo Veloce. Mine did some noise while stopping changed to EBC and irs perfect. SBS I had in stock also made some noise.
* 2015-08-04 Byte av instrumentpanel. (Replaced dash board) - I've never heard on the 2013 > F4
* 2016-03-12 Tar ut MCn för första gången efter vintern, har ingen bakbroms igen. (First ride of the seasson, Rear brake not working) - Already explained above
* 2016-03-12 Avgasspjäll trasigt. (Exahust valve broken and fully open, Previous owner fixed the by tightning wires as MV did not want to take it under warranty) - the exhaust valve error is a common issue around just check the forum many resolved this issue different ways: installed heal tech servo eliminator, removed the cables,...

So what do you guys make of this information?
You can check my answers others might add more info.
Now go get the bike:wink2:

#22 ·
Yeah but the dealer is impossible. The price is extremely low for an f4r here.

It is 2 more on sale. same year and model.

1 goes for 159 000 (19996usd) and the other 169 000 (21254usd)

As i said before MV is extremly rare here. insurance cost is sky high and they have a bad reputation as being unreliable.

I read somewhere that they only sell like 3-4 F4s every year.

#37 · (Edited)
SC Project Exhausts have not been made or sent out yet I bught the first one on July 27th. They (sc) did the exhausts fro the Hamiliton version first which IMHO Is not a looker due to tacky paint job

PS BUt I did find carbon fiber tank protector from motocomposits that covers/protects entire rear of tank. (they call front of tank???)
AND comes in Red, Blue , or traditional color. Cost 147?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.