Fuel Management for 2016 F4RR - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Fuel Management for 2016 F4RR

Just curious what guys are using for fuel management on 2013-2016 F4RR and your impressions?

Curious how it impacts the different engine modes if at all. I've never had a bike with so much for electronics on it and I have started making some changes and wouldn't mind getting it tuned in the not too distant future.

Thanks,
DJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 11:54 PM

I assume any option is going to threaten your 2 year unlimited mile warranty. But if that isn't a concern you can search some of the posts here for Ecu Studio(member dansoar wrote a detailed review.) They're based out of Rome, Italy, and the owner is a member here(don't expect him to reply here as he is not a forum sponser and it would come off as a solicitation.) This is a full on ecu flasher with the ability to tune individual cells of data for fueling and a bunch of other modules built in(quickshifter, engine braking, etc.) I don't know if it comes with off the shelf flashes as it's really a full-on customized tuning solution. I'm a little gunshy at giving it a go as I really wouldn't know what to do with a diy tuner, but if you can get some dyno time and do a bunch of data logging I think you could really fine tune the bike.

I have the base model '13 F4, same eldor ecu, and think the bike runs fairly well, but there is something wonky about the throttle response of the throttle by wire electronics that id really like to get sorted out. I think I posted a thread about it - but basically the bike refuses to to be rev'd rapidly - its just not playful when it comes to chopping the throttle in fast succession(like when slowing down to a stop, clutch in, wanting the bounce the revs a few times before releasing the clutch and taking off)

Anyways, take a look at the detailed thread reviewing the ecu studio flasher and you will probably find your answers.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkentrader View Post
there is something wonky about the throttle response of the throttle by wire electronics that id really like to get sorted out.
Totally with you on this ^^ I have a 13 F4 as well, and I find what works for a sporting ride is a bit temperamental around town and vice versa. This is my first RBW bike but 2000km later and I'm still no more at ease with the throttle than when I rode it home first time, very different to my Brutale (in a good way at the top, but getting off from stand still not so).

Who moved my cheese?

MY04 Brutale 750S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 06:23 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkentrader View Post
basically the bike refuses to to be rev'd rapidly - its just not playful when it comes to chopping the throttle in fast succession(like when slowing down to a stop, clutch in, wanting the bounce the revs a few times before releasing the clutch and taking off)
I have never understood this practice. Other than annoying the crap out of whomever is next to you, what actual benefit is there to idle revving?

FWIW, I agree with you about the "lag" associated with the electronic throttle. Our Brutale 800RR has that same vague feeling.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 07:02 AM

my main reason for investigating and using ECU Studio was to resolve the issue that I had with the RBW. For me it's a very personal thing, even on my traditional throttle bikes, I tended to re-profile the cams to get the connection I wanted.

As standard the maps provided with ECU studio are the same as in the latest updates from MV, so if you flash you just have the ability to modify but starting from the factory settings. You can always update the ECU at MV and it will restore the Factory SW.

As I said above the main thing for me was the throttle connection, but also the ability to control the blipper and QS settings. I find that for my 'style', some minor tweaks to the timings etc for a given gearing enabled cleaner shifting and much more confidence in the both especially when cranked over exiting a bend etc.

I'm moving house at the moment so I am on here only when the wife does not notice, as I have shed loads to do.

edit: Have you tried playing with the Gas Sensitivity and Engine Response in the custom settings. Working through different combinations can yield some benefits I tended to work blind and not let the names of the parameters influence my selection.

I cant say I notice any issue with fast response on my set up, that said I hold the throttle constant for starts be them slow or race starts rather than blipping it. On down shifts before the using the auto-blipper, I cant say I ever noticed a problem, places Cadwell Park and Mallory Park, would or should show that issue up as they both have heavy deceleration points where you are rev matching.

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Re-Mapped with ECU studio (F4 RC base ROM)
QS & Blipper now working with ECU studio and Durashift sensor

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750

Last edited by dansoarr; 06-13-2017 at 07:19 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

For me smoothing out the ride by wire would be nice particularly around town. I have adjusted the gas sensitivity to rain which helped but still could use some tweaking.

What about options such as Bazzaz or Power Commander? Would these be able to help the RBW? I'm not sure how much of the "lack of smoothness" can be sorted through fueling and how much is other electronic settings.

Whether I used a Power Commander, Bazzaz or ECU Studio what happens to the built in engine modes? Are they gone or are these things just piggybacking on top so that changes on the dash still have impact? Or are the setting in the dash now completely useless?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 02:58 AM

Its hard for a piggy back device eg PC to change the RBW, unless they interrupt the signal to the ECU which would worry me a little. A re-flash of the ECU eg ECUStudio is different as it has direct control over the tables used in the ECU and direct control of the sensor.

The engine modes are all present with ECUStudio as its is still the same arrangement and tables from MV, the difference is that you can change the tables. So you still have custom, rain, normal and sport, but what each does can be changed. you could for example change the maximum torque allowed when rain mode is selected.

WRT to piggyback systems, you would need to speak to someone with one to find out.

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Re-Mapped with ECU studio (F4 RC base ROM)
QS & Blipper now working with ECU studio and Durashift sensor

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode