Isn't the F4RC the greatest literbike out there? - MVAgusta.net
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
I keep reading posts about people wanting to buy an Aprilia or BMW bc of this and that. Trellis frame is outdated, in need of quickshifter, bad settings on traction control, no slide control etc etc. What am I missing here? Isn't the F4RC at least one of the best literbikes out there? With 212HP and lower weight than the R1M(my former bike) looks better on the paper to me.

I've barely read any tests of the MV bc I had some prejudice against Italian motorcycles. Almost everyone I've talked to warned me not to buy one, especially the MV.

I bought the R1M 2015 bc it said it would be exclusive. It's not. The trip to Yamaha Racing Experience at Brno was great, I'm invited to next year as well for only ?700 and I'm thinking of going with my MV to be.(still not a closed deal, having troubles with euro4)

I like exclusivity. I like screaming inline4-motor, single sided swingarm, seatpipes and lots of carbon fiber mounted with TIbolts.
I don't like the steel in the frame. I've read they made a lighter one with magnesium in it too but I wished it was at least in aluminum.

Are the claimed 212HP only paper-HP or can I expect the bike to leave 195RWHP at least? My R1M had 186RWHP stock.(200 in engine).

Sure I'm going to change every part there is to the RC to improve it, but that's what we do - this is who we are!
And I hope I can get some help in here regarding what goes and not. The aim is at least 200RWHP and a bit lower weight.

Question is: Why are people so afraid of these bikes?

Last edited by NicholasF4; 12-20-2016 at 09:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 11:08 AM

New Site Garage
I am not afraid on one. I would love to have it. Is it the best liter bike? Most likely not. Is it a great bike? Yes. So unless you are at the pro level of racing. I would say that all the liter bikes are beyond our ability. So I go with how the bike makes you feel. I don't care how great it looks on paper, if it does not stir the soul, it is not worth it to me. Other test, if you can get off it and you don't have to look back every time. It is not the bike for you.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 11:29 AM

New Site Garage
It's about the experience. You are not going to notice the difference between 191,68 hp vs 198,99 hp. Especially not when one is smooth and the other one is wild. If you want max hp buy the the BMW. It you want max thrill buy the MV. But hey... Did you not already have a thread on this??

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1andrew View Post
I am not afraid on one. I would love to have it. Is it the best liter bike? Most likely not. Is it a great bike? Yes. So unless you are at the pro level of racing. I would say that all the liter bikes are beyond our ability. So I go with how the bike makes you feel. I don't care how great it looks on paper, if it does not stir the soul, it is not worth it to me. Other test, if you can get off it and you don't have to look back every time. It is not the bike for you.
It's the same for me. If you chase paper performance, or buy based on magazine reviews, then you will inevitably buy a different bike each year. There will always be something that's the latest and greatest. For me the F4 (mines not the RC, but still more powerful than any of my race bikes) is special because it re-kindles the joy of riding every time I get on it. It feels special, looks special and is relatively rare.

The MV is the only bike I know I wont sell.
NicholasF4 and NicholasF4 like this.

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Re-Mapped with ECU studio (F4 RC base ROM)
QS & Blipper now working with ECU studio and Durashift sensor

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750

Last edited by dansoarr; 12-20-2016 at 05:15 PM.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
I think many reads the reviews on which bike is "the best" and then go for that one. The new younger generation doesn't seem to have any clue on what a motorcycle barely is. They just want a nice bike. The ones I've spoke to here mostly wants the R1 or the S1000RR. They have no experience and they don't know how to handle it.
A friend of mine started with a R1 -04, crashed, and now he rides a 90s Harley. Woooot(?)......

When I bought the R1M there were lots of discussions if the BMW or Panigale were better but I never heard anything of the MV's.

Almost the same thread as my first - but this one is about being best on paper. =D

My friend rides a GSXR1000 k6 and he claimed to have 200 on the wheel. Still haven't seen that dynograph though.
Hope the RC can outperform his 10yo bike.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
It's truly the greatest
Attached Images

1120 F4RC -2017 MOTUL. Euro 3. The last of the best of the best!
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Loved it instantly
Attached Images

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 10:39 AM

New Site Garage
Absolutely beautiful.

Give us your review of it.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 03:43 PM

They do not test it because of the price compared to other bikes and they only test what most people will or can afford to buy. Plus MV is not going to spend a lot of advertising dollars in their magazine
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
They've tested the 1299 Superleggera.

About the RC;

What an excellent motorcycle. It runs like a dream. The up-and-down quickshift is amazing. I only had up shift on the R1M.
There are endless of power all the way up to the end. It was scary riding it the first miles.

You sit really high up on the bike.
It turns so well and balanced that you think you're on a 600. It is faster in the corners than the R1M.

The mirrors work really good. They only vibrated on the R1M.

About vibrations - it vibrates a bit too much in the third gear hitting 6000+ rpm. My hands fell asleep in a instant.
In the evening now it got a little better. Or maybe I got used to it(?)!
I will put better bar ends on it, it was too much for my taste.

The instruments were good in the evening but during the sunny day it was sometimes difficult to see. I will get used to it I guess.

The controls is something you just have to learn. Play with it, reset trip 1 and 2, start the stopwatch, reset it, set the traction control, quickshift and engine map..... learn it. It's not as easy as an R1M linked to your phone.

The engine got hotter than hell driving downtown - but I never felt the radiation from it that I absolutely couldn't stand from my old R1 2008 with seatpipes. Sitting on that bike was torture going slow. The MV is no problem riding in the sund, and I'm not a fan of great heat at all.

Suspension is world class. It's smoother than the electric Íhlins on the R1M/Ducati 1199S. I thought I was going to miss the electric suspension, but I don't. The Íhlins on the RC is the best I've ever felt. Not too racing hard, not too weak - just perfect for the road.

I've changed the oil and filter. Don't really like the factory oil they put in. It was like water when it poured out. Didn't look too good the mechanic said. Especially after only 140km.....
OEM oil filter is Hiflow. I really didn't expect that. I've never liked them. Always thought of them as low budget oil filter but apparently they're pretty descent. Good for me, I bought 5 to have in stock.

Riding this bike is just amazing. The seating position is a bit more aggressive than the R1M. It felt on my shoulders and wrists. That's just the way it is.
Coming on to the gas is gentle compared to the R1M. The MV is smooth and linear. Perfect. The R1M almost exploded if you gave it some gas. It was too rough and everyone tried to get rid of it on the Dynojet. Few managed.

The look and feel of it is second to none. Not even Ducati gets even near. The carbon fairings are great work of art. Genuine stuff, nothing cheap. The mechanic was impressed.

The smell of a new bikes first miles are just sooooo sweet.
This one is a keeper. For sure. Even if it breaks down or engine explodes I will repair it and ride it to the sunset. It's perfectly balanced the F4 RC.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to NicholasF4 For This Useful Post:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode