F4RC, are they any good? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
F4RC, are they any good?

Hi everybody.

I'm from Sweden and I'm looking for a new motorcycle. The F4RC caught my attention and the desire only gets stronger and stronger.

I had the R1M before and loved it. Truly a magnificent bike in all aspects. I drove it day and night, all around Europe and on several tracks.
I'm done with it and now I want something a little bit more exclusive.

I've never had a MV Agusta. I've mostly heard they are poor quality and it takes several months to get OEM parts, doesn't deliver claimed HP and so on.

I found one that I'm very interested in down I Germany. A brand new F4RC. All parts included. So now I have some, maybe odd, questions.

1) Is it tagged with a number? (045/250 for example)
2) What parts should be included from the factory?
3) What's the quality really like? I read about the hub in the rear wheel and I guess I need to change that one first thing I do.
4) Which fairings are in carbon(The R1M only had parts of the fairings in carbon in the front, the rest was plastic)
5) Are the claimed 212HK a hoax or is it for real?
6) Does the 1080cc big bore kit work on the F4RC? What HP can I expect with it? Is it a descent big bore kit or does the engine blow up after a year?
7) Would emoto's Carbon gastank and air box fit the F4RC?
8) What electronics are there on the F4RC? ABS, traction, lift control? Gyroscope?

Hope I'm in the right place for this.

This is going to be my masterpiece and I will try to change everything I can from emotouk's website. I loved the carbon and magnesium parts.

Any known flaws on the F4RC?

Thanks a lot and ope to get some assistance during the process.

Last edited by NicholasF4; 09-11-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 10:45 AM

New Site Garage
Hi Nicholas, welcome to the forum!

I can't answer all your questions, but...
The rear hub should not be a problem as this only affects the older models.
For me MV Agusta is giving much more correct HP figures than any other mark. 212 at the crank should be reachable, but also depends on which dyno etc etc. Horsepower is apparently not a exact science
Emoto does not have such a good reputation over here. I could advise you Design Corse or actually any other forum sponsor.

One thing MV can offer you any time: a thrill that is not comparable to anything else. Of course this is subjective

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 12:51 PM

If you loved the R1M and drove it all over Europe your going to hate the F4RC driving it around town lol. Never expect an MV to be as reliable as its Japanese counterparts. This is widely known even by the passionate people on this forum. There is nothing else quite like the RC in terms of beauty and power but it comes at a cost. Mainly three times the price of the R1M and a parts nightmare no doubt. I did the opposite of you. Had an MV F4 1000 for 2 years and bought an R1M when my mv was stolen.

Ex Silentium Adveho Nex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 01:08 PM

The RC does not have the electronics that the R1M has. The whole RC is carbon fibre. Not just front and side fairings. You could put a beater aluminium tank on it if you really wanted to. It is very exclusive. Google is your friend!

Ex Silentium Adveho Nex
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage

Sadly, mine was stolen too. I was just about to buy all the stuff I wanted to change on it. I never got to.

Interesting. What is your opinion on these bikes since you had them both?

The cost is one thing, but the waiting for parts is another. That's the most scaring part(!) about having a MV Agusta I think.

The R1M had its flaws too but was the best bike I've ever ridden - and I used to work with motorcycles so I've ridden them all.
I've only tried out one F4 750 before and it was a nice bike. A little tired, but nice.

Last edited by NicholasF4; 09-11-2016 at 01:17 PM.
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 01:48 PM

Well if you want exclusive MV is the way to go.
On the other hand if you want to give the same use as you did with the R1 you must choose something else.
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAMIS View Post
Well if you want exclusive MV is the way to go.
On the other hand if you want to give the same use as you did with the R1 you must choose something else.
Why can't I ride the MV? Please explain. I can't see the use of having a bike I can't use. Then it's useless crap.
If I spend 50.000 on it I'm sure going to ride it down to Italy to visit the MV Factory and everywhere else. I will torture it on the tracks where it belongs.
post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 02:16 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasF4 View Post
Why can't I ride the MV? Please explain. I can't see the use of having a bike I can't use. Then it's useless crap.
If I spend 50.000 on it I'm sure going to ride it down to Italy to visit the MV Factory and everywhere else. I will torture it on the tracks where it belongs.
Of course you can! I never had any significant issues with MV.
Yes, you can be unlucky with a specific motorcycle but that can be with any brand.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Velocity View Post
Of course you can! I never had any significant issues with MV.
Yes, you can be unlucky with a specific motorcycle but that can be with any brand.
Exactly my point. If it wouldn't work to drive with - nobody would buy it.

Anyone tried the 1080cc big bore kit?

Are there any better cams for the F4?
post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 02:36 PM

New Site Garage
I think what some are referring to as not to ride like you did the R1M. Is the riding position. The MV is very aggressive in the riding position. You sit on top of the bike not down in it. Pegs are high and the reach to the bars is great.
I have a 1098. When you switch from the MV to the Duc 1098, the riding style is completely different. The 1098 has you sitting lower and the bars are less of a reach. This has you sitting more upright.

For me I have had 3 different R1's, the duc 1098, and the MV. I have been riding motorcycles for over 35 years and nothing has made me feel the way the MV does. It has a soul, all the others are just machines to serve a purpose. Plus I love the feeling when people have looked at the MV and said "I never thought I would see one in person"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode