MV Agusta Forum banner

Fairing burnt from exhaust?????

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  fingertight 
#1 ·
It appears the little flange that sticks forward doesn't have any insulation on it and the paint has burnt from the heat of the headers. I don't have the picture of the burn but this is the spot. It's at the dealer for another issue and I've asked them to talk to MV about it but it is out of factory warranty and given the state of affairs at MV, they (the dealer) are not hopeful. Course, only 2500 miles...shouldn't happen. Anyone else seen or have this issue? Any one got one for sale?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Mine has not burned, but its black so I wouldn't be able to tell. I have other issues right now with vibrations on hard braking, headstock play :(. Have appointment to have it looked at. May need to hire Knurl to fix it for me, but I don't think I can afford him :^)

#6 ·
Thanks for the responses. Looks like I'll need to do what the factory should have done...insulate it. :wtf: I'm anal so leaving it burnt is not an option. I hate to have it painted for the same reason. If it's not perfect I'll go nuts.

#8 ·
yup me too!! same exact thing and on my white 2015 looks horrible. Only 1300 miles. I know when it happened too i got stuck in a traffic jam and lack of air flow caused it but bike never overheated. I'm already fighting MV on other issues.Getting a new fairing is probably a pipe dream.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.