2014 F4 - Exhaust protection bolts, central fairing bolts - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

2014 F4 - Exhaust protection bolts, central fairing bolts

I bought a used 2014 F4. I have a few questions about some missing fasteners, if you could help me identify them.

1) The previous owner had removed the exhaust protection to customize the rear sets. I'm restoring them to stock. These bolts were in the exhaust with three washers each. They're 3/8" long. There's no way they are long enough with the washers and the exhaust protection pieces. Are these bolts the right size? And what does the stock arrangement look like (washers, etc)? The bottom bolt is missing; what size is it supposed to be?

Name:  1-exhaust-protection.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  31.7 KB

2) It looks like there are also two bolts missing from the central fairing. Can anyone tell me what size they are? (Are they the same as the other two?) Are they supposed to include a metal sleeve like the upper two?

Name:  2-central-spoiler.JPG
Views: 123
Size:  61.0 KB

3) Bonus question: When I took off the right side fairing, this ~3" piece of plastic fell out, and for the life of me, I can't figure out what it fell off of. Does anyone know?

Name:  3-plastic.JPG
Views: 128
Size:  85.0 KB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 10:34 PM

#3 - I believe this piece is from the small piece of fairing located between the gas tank and the small fairing, if anyone knows for sure please correct me.
Attached Images

Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than speak aloud and remove all doubt
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 MV Agusta F4 1000R
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R (Blk&Wht)
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R (Proper colors)
2004 Suzuki Hayabusa LE GSX1300R
1983 Suzuki Katana 1100
1982 Suzuki Katana 1170
1978 Yamaha XS 500 (Sold)
1980 Honda CB 125 (T/C)
1977 Yamaha YZ 80 (Sold)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 11:48 PM
Established Member

The rubber strip is either off of the pieces fox trot showed or off the two small triangles that screw in with the two screws just above and forward of those panels. The bolt for the front fenders originally held the reflectors on so you will need to hit the local hardware store and buy some smaller ones. The exhaust ones you got me there.

Kevin

2013 F4 red/silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 01:17 AM

New Site Garage
They're Metric and not Imperial Wildbug. I can't help you with the length's but as for missing part I'd say look at the Parts List and you should be able to see what goes where.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 04:53 AM

#3 is from this bit....where my finger is pointing. The small fairing piece between the tank and the main fairing....(as commented already)
It needs sticking on...lightly...and stops the piece from popping out (as mine kept doing)
Attached Images

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

#3 - Ah, I see it now on the other side. Thanks, Foxtrot, et al.

#2 - I have the front reflectors in the box of removed parts, and now I know what the bolt in that box goes with. Still one missing.

#1 - Those two seem to fit fine as long as I leave out the washers. They look different from stock, at least from what pictures I can find. Maybe I'll pick up some stainless ones and replace them all.

Thanks to all the sharp eyes!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode