New 2016 F4RR owner - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 01:31 AM Thread Starter

New 2016 F4RR owner

Hi everyone, i'm new to the site and first time MV owner. I just got a new 2016 F4RR. put it on a dyno, made 168 wheel HP. seems ok, i was expecting a bit more. I then spent the day at the track. The biggest problem is that the quick shifter is not working. Not up or down, in any mode or RPM range. its also has a tendency to ride like a bucking bronco. I have read this from a few owners. i also watched reviews on youtube complain about this. I was a little nerves when this was happening mid corner. I then shut off the quick shifter on the dash. i noticed that the bike no longer was acting like a bucking bronco. Is this a coincidence, or is this maybe part of the problem. Has anyone else notice this?
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 08:19 AM

New Site Garage
Welcome to the forum mate.
Do you know how a quickshifter works ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Welcome to the forum mate.
Do you know how a quickshifter works ?
I believe i do. If you are referring to the fact that you need to apply enough pressure and hold it there for a moment, then yes i do. Unless there is something else that i'm not aware of. I am new to the MV family. i come from owning a few Ducati's and KTM's. If you have any suggestions, i would greatly appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 01:47 PM

That's pretty low on power. Maybe it is because of the type of dyno that was used or the settings. The only way to see is to ask the shop for a dyno from another stock bike and see if it also reads low.

As far as bucking feeling, I'd try different gasoline brand just to eliminate that possibility.

This is beyond unacceptable for a brand new bike. Are you in the USA?

2014 F4 RR
Ducati Monster M1000S
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 03:01 PM

New Site Garage
On my 2014, I don't have to hold the shifter for a moment. I lift up my foot and it shifts...smoothly. Mine didn't work when I got it. It was a software update that fixed it. Yours is brand new so you would think that wouldn't need to be done but it is a computer...you never know. Oh yeah, it's also an MV. I also had the bucking bronco effect sometimes and that went away with the update as well.

2014 F4 RR
2008 Yamaha Raider S
1982 Suzuki GS850L
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 04:46 PM

New Site Garage
16 model year is advertised with Quick Shifter, it should be able to quick shift up just fine. There is a minimum RPM which the quick shifter is active and that threshold is fairly low so for most riding it should work fine. If it doesn't then let the dealer troubleshoot and fix it. Mine works seamless and with the transmission being long throw compared to my duc, the quick shift improves shift time by a large margin. I don't use it much because I don't race on street and have not made it to track, but when I have tried that feature it worked great. As far as bucking with it on, it appears that it may be faulty adjusted and is cutting off you revs mid corner when its not supposed to be reacting. The Starlane site talks about how it works but does not go to enough detail to troubleshoot. The MV shop manual barely touches on that feature and talks only about the sensor that mounts to the shift lever.
Ride Safe

'14 F4 RR ABS Pearly White/ Deep Black (13K miles still rolling, Haha!)
'13 Panigale S ABS (18.5K miles SOLD)
'15 Panigale R (2K miles)
'15 Fireblade SP (1K miles)
Los Angeles North
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 06:54 PM

I am having my Starlane QS sensor replaced under warranty Saturday. It was intermittent. Also The QS setup is extremely touchy to how you modulate the throttle. If you back off even a millimeter prior to shifting it will not work. It works best in constant acceleration 9 which of course were you need it most) If you're just tooling around the backroads and and try using it just because you are to lazy to use the clutch it may or may not work. There`s a speed below where it will not work ( around 25 mph ) and an RPM I think around 3500 RPM.

2014 MV Agusta F4
Moto Guzzi 1100 Sporti
Yamaha R1
Honda CT90
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 08:35 PM

Congratulations, Roadkill. Could you give us a detailed review, please? I might consider a '16 RR. Can't find any review. On the streets, how do you feel? What about fuel mapping? Are you running stock pipes? How is the sound, at idle and across the rev range? How does it compare to Ducatis you have or had?

Thanks.

'06 S2000
'07 F4
'15 ZX-14R 30th Anniversary Edition
'16 Boxster Spyder
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 09:35 PM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
I believe i do. If you are referring to the fact that you need to apply enough pressure and hold it there for a moment, then yes i do. Unless there is something else that i'm not aware of. I am new to the MV family. i come from owning a few Ducati's and KTM's. If you have any suggestions, i would greatly appreciate it.
Yup, that's what I meant, sorry if I sounded a bit shitty.
I believe Fragile has touched on much of the topic as others have experienced it too.

I rode a 2014 RR and the Q/S was really good, but on the 2015 F4 I rode it was terrible, but the owner has done a lot of fiddling with maps and the q/s and I believe he messed things up a bit.

It is possible for your foot to touch the gearlever and cut ignition without changing gear, I've had this when using the Dyno Jet module, but never on the Cordona Module.
It might be worth looking into that ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 09:41 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
It is possible for your foot to touch the gearlever and cut ignition without changing gear, I've had this when using the Dyno Jet module, but never on the Cordona Module.
It might be worth looking into that ?
Good point Donsy. My shift lever is as close to my foot as possible without constant contact with it. It's possible in my early riding, not used to the bike, I was moving it slightly causing the bucking.

2014 F4 RR
2008 Yamaha Raider S
1982 Suzuki GS850L

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode