Who rides/commutes everyday? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

Who rides/commutes everyday?

contemplating trading my '13 brutale 1090RR for a new F4('13 base, left over fire sale).... this kind of irrational and impulsive behavior happens when your bike is down for warranty parts and you havent ridden it for 30+ days... then while your guard is down you get seduced by the images of new F4's at bargain prices..

We all know why people buy F4's so I'll skip the part where I pretend to make this a rational and logical decision.. but I am curious as to the daily livability of one compared to a 1090 Brutale. Im 6'2, 33" inseam. Daily rode a Duc 999S and felt just as comfortable as my brutale in overall usage.

Roads are kinda shitty in San Diego.. which really makes the trade a step backwards in livability I would assume. shitty roads make the brutale feel a bit stiff but never make it feel twitchy.. if it meant the F4 would be tracking oddly and erratic and keeping me on my toes constantly i dont know if it would make sense for my needs/usage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkentrader View Post
contemplating trading my '13 brutale 1090RR for a new F4('13 base, left over fire sale).... this kind of irrational and impulsive behavior happens when your bike is down for warranty parts and you havent ridden it for 30+ days... then while your guard is down you get seduced by the images of new F4's at bargain prices..

We all know why people buy F4's so I'll skip the part where I pretend to make this a rational and logical decision.. but I am curious as to the daily livability of one compared to a 1090 Brutale. Im 6'2, 33" inseam. Daily rode a Duc 999S and felt just as comfortable as my brutale in overall usage.

Roads are kinda shitty in San Diego.. which really makes the trade a step backwards in livability I would assume. shitty roads make the brutale feel a bit stiff but never make it feel twitchy.. if it meant the F4 would be tracking oddly and erratic and keeping me on my toes constantly i dont know if it would make sense for my needs/usage.

As for me I ride my f4rr everyday to work though its just a 15-20 minutes ride away. Hearing the roar of my f4 every morning before I start work puts a smile on my face.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 11:59 AM

New Site Garage
It can be done. Be prepared to maintain it however and it will treat you well

'14 F4 RR ABS Pearly White/ Deep Black (13K miles still rolling, Haha!)
'13 Panigale S ABS (18.5K miles SOLD)
'15 Panigale R (2K miles)
'15 Fireblade SP (1K miles)
Los Angeles North
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragile View Post
It can be done. Be prepared to maintain it however and it will treat you well

Heat aside, is it as friendly as your panigale for joy ride commuting? Does the weight factor in? I dont find the brutale to be heavy unless ridden/walked at very low speeds on odd inclines. I really should test ride them both(maybe a used 1199 for comparable money)... my service apt isnt till april 1st. That will mark 45 days without riding... tragic.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 01:39 AM

New Site Garage
I will have to say the MV is friendlier and more comfy than the Pani. I have lived on both of these machines and the MV is easier to handle at low speeds while more compliant at high speeds. Non deafening exhaust note, smoother, more spacious for those long rides. The Pani is just an outrageous and raucous machine feature packed and made for hooligans at the same time IMO. YMMV.

'14 F4 RR ABS Pearly White/ Deep Black (13K miles still rolling, Haha!)
'13 Panigale S ABS (18.5K miles SOLD)
'15 Panigale R (2K miles)
'15 Fireblade SP (1K miles)
Los Angeles North
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 01:24 PM

Wish I could ride the bike everyday but damn snow and -20 degree temperature gets in the way

M.O. from T.O.
2011 F4
2004 Yamaha R6
2007 Porsche 997.1 C2
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 03:27 AM Thread Starter

picked up the F4 and relegated my commuting to only 1-2 days a week, but with lots of weekend riding Luckily the F4 still serves a purpose when not ridden.. she looks good

The first few rides were not so comfy(but the biggest surprise was: holyyyyy shiiiit this bike is FAST.. top gear roll-on, even at 3/4 throttle, from 80-140{empty highway stretch} is facking insanity).. my muscle memory is slowly starting to ada[t to the ergos a little better..

On the way:

lightech rearsets
lui moto gold gel pad
alcantara seat cover

^these outta be a godsend! Not having suitable rearsets to fit properly ont he bike really is the most nerve racking I've experienced while riding a motorcycle short of, well, a flat tire!

Too bad I cant get another inch or two of space between the tank and the seat assembly... I dont think i'll mess with clipons -- cos I'm more interested at increasing fore/aft space than in raising the bars. SBK Ergos: a cruel game of inches.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode