F4R 2011 - Advice Needed - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

F4R 2011 - Advice Needed

Hi,

Need some advice. Looking to buy a second hand F4R 2011, owner has fitted quick shifter and also tells me 'full system' assuming with ECU.

Have a few questions:

What should I look out for on F4 from this year? fuelling, reliability, overheating? etc etc
How do i check it has a full system?

I intended to mod with quite a few bits:

QD exhaust as i prefer the round pipes and assume it sounds better
OZ GASS RS wheels as want lighter wheels
Rapid Bike EVO, will this help the fuelling?
Possible Ohlins front and rear or just internals, any advice?
CF fairings painted to the F4 RC look, know anywhere i can get these already to go?

Any advice welcome...

Should also mention, no service book or history, done 12k. Looks well maintained but with a bike like this id expect service history all kept (i owned 3 Ducati's and keep all documents).
What is the service schedule on these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 02:28 AM

this should be fun

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 09:20 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
jhollis, first let me say welcome to this madhouse. There is good information here, especially if you put in a little effort. People are happy to help.

Now, where are you on this Big Blue Marble? The advice you get will be better if we know this.

There is a search function to find most of what you are after. It is a button at the top of the page.

You can also try these areas of the forum:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Hey Mate,

I am Singapore....which doesn't help as there is no main dealer. On the plus side, due to this second hand prices are very low so if you know what you are doing it can be fun, oh, and its 32C everyday of the year..
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 09:47 PM

Hi there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhollis View Post
Hey Mate,

I am Singapore....which doesn't help as there is no main dealer. On the plus side, due to this second hand prices are very low so if you know what you are doing it can be fun, oh, and its 32C everyday of the year..

Hi jhollis, I'm also from Singapore and currently own a F4RR. Recently, yew heng group has gained the right to be the main dealer for MV Agusta. You could look it up at facebook by searching MV Agusta Singapore. The MV showroom is at M1 Motoring 411-421 Changi Road
Singapore 41986.

For exhaust wise, it's still not approve by LTA.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 07:16 AM

You had a dealer when I was there around 14 months ago.
Not far from the Ducati dealer.
Don't know what happened , Oh well things change I guess.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3nichi View Post
Hi jhollis, I'm also from Singapore and currently own a F4RR. Recently, yew heng group has gained the right to be the main dealer for MV Agusta. You could look it up at facebook by searching MV Agusta Singapore. The MV showroom is at M1 Motoring 411-421 Changi Road
Singapore 41986.

For exhaust wise, it's still not approve by LTA.
Thanks man, yeah, was somewhat aware but wasn't sure if they were fully official or not, maybe that will out the price of second hand MVs up!
Not too concerned on the LTA, i don't ride enough for it to be an issue, already have a Monster S4RS will full Arrow system, touch wood all has been ok so far.
Do you goto M1 for your servicing? What year is your RR?
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Thanks man, yeah, was somewhat aware but wasn't sure if they were fully official or not, maybe that will out the price of second hand MVs up!
Not too concerned on the LTA, i don't ride enough for it to be an issue, already have a Monster S4RS will full Arrow system, touch wood all has been ok so far.
Do you goto M1 for your servicing? What year is your RR?
It's a 2015 model! I bought it in December last year! Yup I did at m1.Servicing wise they are trying to call out to all mv owners to do their servicing with them since the mechanic went for training course at mv hq. Hope this helps
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3nichi View Post
It's a 2015 model! I bought it in December last year! Yup I did at m1.Servicing wise they are trying to call out to all mv owners to do their servicing with them since the mechanic went for training course at mv hq. Hope this helps
Got it, if i buy this second hand one then i should support the dealer so will use for a service. What are the service intervals on the F4, and which is the major service?
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Got it, if i buy this second hand one then i should support the dealer so will use for a service. What are the service intervals on the F4, and which is the major service?

yes bro! theres a 2010 F4 at the workshop the last time i went to do major overhauling. They stock up most parts and bringing in genuine parts which will take lesser time since they are dealing direct. I can't recommend anything since my bike is new, so far only did oil change. Do drop by on Friday or weekends. There will be some MV riders lounging at that area at times.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode