A new F41000R owner - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

A new F41000R owner

Hello all! I am now the proud owner of my dream bike - an MV Agusta!

It's the 36th bike I've owned and undoubtedly the most gorgeous one ever. I thought my RC8 was sexy - this is in another league. The detail in ever component is incredible - even the side stand has 'MV' cast into it!

The previous owner spent a fair bit of coin on it - a Bodis exhaust, carbon guards, chain guard, fairing bits, Corse pegs and tank cap. The noise it made when I rode it home made me laugh inside my helmet - it's just ridiculous.

I spent 3 hours cleaning it - even though it didn't need it!

I love it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 07:24 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Welcome to the family...watch out for the crazy uncle....

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 03:44 PM
Established Member

Awesome! I'm enjoying my (new to me) bike the same way!! Jim

Turn confrontation into conversation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 03:52 PM

welcome

even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while!!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 04:44 PM

Welcome to the family

My MV is the only bike I have ever polished, but its worth it.

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Re-Mapped with ECU studio (F4 RC base ROM)
QS & Blipper now working with ECU studio and Durashift sensor

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 02:23 PM

New Site Garage
Pictures??? You can't announce you bought a new bike and not post pictures. I'm not positive but I think that might be against the law. It's like announcing you have a new baby and no pictures. Actually, you have a new baby and we don't have pictures.

2014 F4 RR
2008 Yamaha Raider S
1982 Suzuki GS850L
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 02:32 PM

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS
Welcome to the disease... I mean club... yes please to pictures..

What we've got here, is failure to communicate.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

So far the weather has been shit and I haven't been home before dark. Trust me, as soon as I'm able I'll do my usual trick with a new bike and take dozens!

I did ride it to work today though - oh my Lord. It's like driving an F1 car in peak hour...
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 03:40 AM

New Site Garage
welcome.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Ok. I know there aren't any pictures yet, but you all know what a silver and red 2010 with Bodis pipes looks like anyway! But I had to post because this thing is f**king mental!

First impression: mental acceleration.
Second impression: mental noise.
Third impression: EVERYONE is looking at me!

I've had a lot of bikes but this is top shelf, I guess what it must feel like to drive a Lamborghini. It starts with such a gruff note - braap braap braap - then it rises to a deafening pitch anywhere above 6,000. It's such a visceral experience.

This morning I flicked it up close to redline in first and second, and apart from feeling like I was going into orbit, I could feel the warmth from the exhaust against my back as my jacket fluttered in the slip stream, hear the crackle on overrun and revel in brakes that are brick wall solid.

I feel very much on top of the bike - it's not an 'in' bike like my around town 2000 R1. It's something I'm having to acclimatise to - a similar riding position to my old 2005 ZX10R.

The brakes are great but there's a vibration coming through under hard usage, which I think (from my previous experience with Brembo discs and also research here) comes from clogged semi floating buttons. So next job is to give them a good clean. I had an RSV Factory with the same issue - very annoying.

The handling is fantastic already and I haven't even started playing with it yet. It's interesting there aren't any recommended settings in the manual. KTM provide the most comprehensive setting recommendations I've ever seen - there's even a sticker under the seat with race, sport and comfort settings. Bloody handy when you're just starting out. I guess I'll fiddle with the MV a bit and have a look through the forum. But I'm 97 kg and like quick turn in and softer settings - any suggestions?

I've only a couple of genuine complaints:

My clutch isn't quite disengaging at a standstill. It's still pulling forward ever so slightly when I rev in first with the clutch in. It could be very viscous oil, because the clutch is adjusted all the way out - I read on the forum bleeding and changing clutch fluid may help? It had an oil change only 2,000 km ago so it should be reasonably fresh, but I'm not sure of the oil grade.

Second issue:

I have Corse adjuster plates with the standard pegs. Fantastic leg room - I could actually raise them from the lowest position - but because they are a bit further back from standard, the gear lever is not quite close enough and I have to take my foot right off the peg to change down. Any suggestions? I've run out of positions I can move the lever!

Apart from those minor problems, I'm totally in love with this bike. It's a work of art. The thought that has gone into every component to make a beautiful whole is mind blowing - the way each panel flows into the next...

OMG - I have to go downstairs and look at it again!

Last edited by Speedfiend41; 02-06-2016 at 08:17 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode