Semi Active Suspension - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Semi Active Suspension

Please excuse my Luddite capabilities. On my 2014 if I leave the suspension settings alone and ride my bike with the throttle in Normal and then I get to a road where the pace hots up a bit and I am harder on the brakes and maybe harder on the throttle does the suspension change whilst on the move i.e. firm up or soften off ?

Or is it just that I can adjust it on the dash for a day or section and need to adjust again if next day is different terrain.

Allan

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 03:52 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Paors
Unfortunately, it doesn't. Ohlins did announce a semi-active SCU upgrade for F4RR in 2013, but as far as I know, it's still not available.

'13 F4 RR
'11 BMW R1200RT
'12 Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 - sold
'08 BMW R1200GS Adv - sold
'10 HD XR1200 - sold
'10 Blata Ultima
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 05:26 PM

New Site Garage
Change driving modes while riding, e.g. from race/ sport to custom and it will change suspension settings according the programed settings for that mode. It does not change any suspension compression / rebound for you on its own. You have to invoke it via the buttons. This is my understanding.

'14 F4 RR ABS Pearly White/ Deep Black (13K miles still rolling, Haha!)
'13 Panigale S ABS (18.5K miles SOLD)
'15 Panigale R (2K miles)
'15 Fireblade SP (1K miles)
Los Angeles North
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 05:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragile View Post
Change driving modes while riding, e.g. from race/ sport to custom and it will change suspension settings according the programed settings for that mode. It does not change any suspension compression / rebound for you on its own. You have to invoke it via the buttons. This is my understanding.
I sort of had that "Eureka moment" this morning in the shower.

To expand on that then [remember me luddite] can I tailor each setting to how I prefer it and that will stay hard coded until I change it again and not revert to the factory setting for each mode ?

i.e. Normal mode I change the comp or rebound to where I am comfortable on 85% of my riding roads.

Then for the 15% that are attack I have it in Sport mode again I have set these to how I like them for me ?

Does this make sense and is it possible.

A

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends ?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 10:27 AM

I don't have the fancy electronic suspension like you guys, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the suspension adjusted independently from the engine modes?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 11:05 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Paors
Quote:
Originally Posted by proddieracer View Post
I sort of had that "Eureka moment" this morning in the shower.

To expand on that then [remember me luddite] can I tailor each setting to how I prefer it and that will stay hard coded until I change it again and not revert to the factory setting for each mode ?

i.e. Normal mode I change the comp or rebound to where I am comfortable on 85% of my riding roads.

Then for the 15% that are attack I have it in Sport mode again I have set these to how I like them for me ?

Does this make sense and is it possible.

A
The Rain-Normal-Sport presets are not adjustable - the only one you can customize is, well, the "Custom" map. Still, in order to make some real difference in handling, you have to adjust the spring preload, ride height and so on - and all of this can only be adjusted manually.
Still, it's perfectly possible to go fast on the road in normal mode, and for the track you'll need a completely different chassis configuration and tire pressures, which can be dialled in just before the trackday, and changed back after.

'13 F4 RR
'11 BMW R1200RT
'12 Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 - sold
'08 BMW R1200GS Adv - sold
'10 HD XR1200 - sold
'10 Blata Ultima
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 03:27 PM

New Site Garage
You can change the mapping while riding by pressing the start button while the engine is on but I'm pretty sure it is only for engine control functions. It would seem appropriate that you can't change suspension settings while riding.

2014 F4 RR
2008 Yamaha Raider S
1982 Suzuki GS850L

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode