MV Agusta F4 - Passare il bisturi - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Established Member
 
Radar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 119
MV Agusta F4 - Passare il bisturi

I test rode a 2015 F4 recently before buying my 1090RR and put this brief review on another forum at the time. I hope you find it of interest

http://bikemeet.net/index.php?topic=7998.0
Radar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 07:03 PM
Senior Member
 
flyboyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 445
A fair and I am sure hard to write review as admitting to not being up to speed like you used to be cannot be that much fun. But, it does show one thing that apparently comes with maturity, and that is knowing who you are.

2014 MV Agusta F4
Moto Guzzi 1100 Sporti
Yamaha R1
Honda CT90
flyboyk is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Established Member
 
Radar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyk View Post
A fair and I am sure hard to write review as admitting to not being up to speed like you used to be cannot be that much fun. But, it does show one thing that apparently comes with maturity, and that is knowing who you are.
It wasn't so much the raw speed, more the fact I was just not comfortable on it. I have bought a 1090RR which point to point I was quicker on! I will just have to get a F4 for the lounge!
Radar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 09:07 PM
Senior Member
 
flyboyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 445
Sounds like you are all set .

2014 MV Agusta F4
Moto Guzzi 1100 Sporti
Yamaha R1
Honda CT90
flyboyk is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
Established Member
 
Radar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyk View Post
Sounds like you are all set .
Pretty much! Just wish the weather was better so I could get out on it, but what do I expect in December in the UK? Is the ship in your Avatar German?

Last edited by Radar; 12-06-2015 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Radar is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 11:03 PM
Senior Member
 
flyboyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Pretty much! Just wish the weather was better so I could get out on it, but what do I expect in December in the UK? Is the ship in your Avatar German?
The same shit weather here in Seattle USA. Yes, High Seas fleet SMS Bismarck.

2014 MV Agusta F4
Moto Guzzi 1100 Sporti
Yamaha R1
Honda CT90
flyboyk is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 11:49 PM
Established Member
 
WFOF4Pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 229
I read your review and I do agree that is it a bike that you "Can't" just hop on and put in the fastest lap times. You do: "Have to build a relationship" w/ these bikes but, when you do, the harder you push it the better it responds. I was some what intimidated coming from an R1 (the F4 acceleration is "edgy" and the breaks are even more abrupt) but, I quickly found that the more I used it - pushed it - pushed myself, the better and faster we both became!
Great review !!! -Davis
WFOF4Pilot is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Established Member
 
Radar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFOF4Pilot View Post
I read your review and I do agree that is it a bike that you "Can't" just hop on and put in the fastest lap times. You do: "Have to build a relationship" w/ these bikes but, when you do, the harder you push it the better it responds. I was some what intimidated coming from an R1 (the F4 acceleration is "edgy" and the breaks are even more abrupt) but, I quickly found that the more I used it - pushed it - pushed myself, the better and faster we both became!
Great review !!! -Davis
Thanks for the positive feedback, it really is a stunning bike. I have ridden a couple of R1's over the years (2006 and 2011). Impressive bikes, especially the '11, but the F4 has the edge and that certain something extra that is hard to define and put your finger on.
Radar is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Established Member
 
Radar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyk View Post
The same shit weather here in Seattle USA. Yes, High Seas fleet SMS Bismarck.
I thought it was the Bismark, I didn't want to appear too much of an anorak!

Feeling your pain on the weather still wet and windy here!
Radar is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 01:22 AM
Senior Member
 
henry-a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA
Posts: 258
Thanks for the review, Radar. How was the sound, at idle and over 5k RPM?

'06 S2000
'07 F4
'15 ZX-14R 30th Anniversary Edition
'16 Boxster Spyder
henry-a is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome