F4 problems: old article / maybe some answers - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

F4 problems: old article / maybe some answers

Found this "old" article about the 2013 F4RR: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/f...kes-mv-agusta/

This sounds a lot like a few of the problems that some of the members are discussing here ?!? -Davis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-12-2015, 08:02 PM
Formerly - dagmvagusta

Wow, eye opening article and MV is not impressing me enough to upgrade. (But I really do

"In the middle of difficulty lies OPPORTUNITY!"
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 12:17 PM

I did read that article when it came out; and, deeply disappointed by it. However, as I was looking for the reviews on 2016 RR, I came across this:
https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/201...-f4-rr-review/

This review is far more positive. So, I am thinking the software update (or, lack there of, in the case of MotorcycleNews) would have been the difference.

Also, I believe for the first time ever (in my limited observation), F4 RR was picked over Panigale S, for the street riding:
https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/201...-agusta-f4-rr/

And, 2015/16 models are supposed to have software updates, which should have fixed a number of issues. Perhaps, 2015 owners could chime in and share their views.

'06 S2000
'07 F4
'15 ZX-14R 30th Anniversary Edition
'16 Boxster Spyder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 12:36 PM

I wonder has any magazine had a MV F4 as a longtermer? Would love to read day in day out impressions and stuff like that, instead of the track launches.

Last edited by FinForza; 12-18-2015 at 12:41 PM.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 11:16 PM

I feel that you need to live with the F4 for a while to get used to it and learn to ride it. When I have gotten on my bike the first time, it was uncomfortable and very sketchy to ride fast. After a while, all other bikes feel uncomfortable and the F4RR is perfection on the street and track. Go figure.

2014 F4 RR
Ducati Monster M1000S
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 06:54 AM

Interesting articles and would also like some longtermer reviews.

[Off topic]

I know what retrodrive means about getting comfortable with a new bike/riding position.
I also went from from an upright position to the more sporty position of the Ducati ST2, and it took me a good few months to feel totally relaxed.
Same thing going from the ST2 to F4, however I get the feeling the F4 will never be an all-day comfy bike (without modifications to bars, pegs and seat).
So far the longest journey on the MV has been 3 hours. It's my daily ride and in May I'll be touring for a week and hoping to use the (2010)MV as it's fueling is so smooth and it can be ridden like a twist n go around town.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodrive View Post
I feel that you need to live with the F4 for a while to get used to it and learn to ride it. When I have gotten on my bike the first time, it was uncomfortable and very sketchy to ride fast. After a while, all other bikes feel uncomfortable and the F4RR is perfection on the street and track. Go figure.
You are right; F4 is sort of an acquired taste. When someone looks at it, he/she falls in love by the beauty of it. But, it expects more from the rider. When compared among the highly-sorted and refined superbikes, the quirks and dare-i-say, certain deficiencies become intolerable in a day or two test.

By the way, how does your RR sound, at idle and over 5k RPM? Are you running stock pipes? I am desperately trying to figure out the sound, which is very important to me. I read that the second gen bikes lost that unique sound of the first gen. Thanks.

'06 S2000
'07 F4
'16 Boxster Spyder
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howling Terror View Post
Interesting articles and would also like some longtermer reviews.

[Off topic]

I know what retrodrive means about getting comfortable with a new bike/riding position.
I also went from from an upright position to the more sporty position of the Ducati ST2, and it took me a good few months to feel totally relaxed.
Same thing going from the ST2 to F4, however I get the feeling the F4 will never be an all-day comfy bike (without modifications to bars, pegs and seat).
So far the longest journey on the MV has been 3 hours. It's my daily ride and in May I'll be touring for a week and hoping to use the (2010)MV as it's fueling is so smooth and it can be ridden like a twist n go around town.
Yeah, F4 isn't really a touring bike, though it's possible. I once did about 2k miles round trip. I will NOT do it again, ever! I had to try though. I suggest using Throttlemeister or something similar to relieve your right hand from time to time.

'06 S2000
'07 F4
'16 Boxster Spyder
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 03:44 PM

New Site Garage
You can tour any bike that is reliable, IMO Outfit it!

'14 F4 RR ABS Pearly White/ Deep Black (13K miles still rolling, Haha!)
'13 Panigale S ABS (18.5K miles SOLD)
'15 Panigale R (2K miles)
'15 Fireblade SP (1K miles)
Los Angeles North
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry-a View Post
By the way, how does your RR sound, at idle and over 5k RPM? Are you running stock pipes? I am desperately trying to figure out the sound, which is very important to me. I read that the second gen bikes lost that unique sound of the first gen. Thanks.
Sounds like no other bike out there...simply beautiful. I am not sure about the comparison with the past gen a I have not played around with first gen F4 enough. You can always do a valve delete on a stock exhaust to make it louder on the lower end.

2014 F4 RR
Ducati Monster M1000S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode