Mv F4 Rc - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Mv F4 Rc

Hi Guys and Gal,s regarding my F4 RC I am very very pleased with it on the whole. superb bike. However there is some niggles which really piss me off. I have some great extras ready to go on her such as bobbins, anodised sprocket and wheel nuts and titanium covers for radiators. I was told by my dealer (and I really must mention them as they have been great with me, especially Alison) and this niggle isn't their fault neither, but I was told MV have a recall for my F4 RC well this recall is still waiting three months down the line ! I have also an issue with a 6th gear pronounced whine which suddenly started at about 3k and my dealer feels it,s related to the recall ie clutch springs etc etc Surely if a recall is announced you'd think they would have the upgrade ready ! Why oh why is it taking so long ! sorry guys had to get it off me chest

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 12:32 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by repartocorsef4rc View Post
Hi Guys and Gal,s regarding my F4 RC I am very very pleased with it on the whole. superb bike. However there is some niggles which really piss me off. I have some great extras ready to go on her such as bobbins, anodised sprocket and wheel nuts and titanium covers for radiators. I was told by my dealer (and I really must mention them as they have been great with me, especially Alison) and this niggle isn't their fault neither, but I was told MV have a recall for my F4 RC well this recall is still waiting three months down the line ! I have also an issue with a 6th gear pronounced whine which suddenly started at about 3k and my dealer feels it,s related to the recall ie clutch springs etc etc Surely if a recall is announced you'd think they would have the upgrade ready ! Why oh why is it taking so long ! sorry guys had to get it off me chest

Hi and nice bike! Where abouts are you located. Bennetts are very good and i have dealt with Alison many times

Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider supporting my son in his racing

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 05:02 PM

New Site Garage
What's the recall.
Keep in mind that MV is still a small company,many very often the supply of improved or corrected part are in que behind others.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Hi Mine was the first into the UK and right from the start we had a small issue with a small oil leak from around the clutch housing, I believe later inputs had a modification done hence a recall for mine. Apparently it,s something to do with the clutch springs being too strong and pushing the housings to split apart slightly.

still waiting although one of the two parts has arrived
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-22-2015, 03:20 AM

No one should accept the poor quality from MV Agusta!
If you purchased a new car with these faults it would be a whole different story.
Late F4 series is a joke. Wait until you get a few miles up. There is not longevity.
MV have plenty of fixes but no permanent rectification to resolve the problems for once and all.
After 2 years bits are still deteriorating on mine! The same engineering problems have been transferred over to the F4RC. MV had to up the price add a few glamorous bits to pay for all the replacement parts issues around the world. Dealers and importer can only do so much.
A class action will get satisfaction some how or way.
How in the hells name did they make helicopters?
They must of all crashed
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-22-2015, 04:19 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchg View Post
No one should accept the poor quality from MV Agusta!
If you purchased a new car with these faults it would be a whole different story.
Late F4 series is a joke. Wait until you get a few miles up. There is not longevity.
MV have plenty of fixes but no permanent rectification to resolve the problems for once and all.
After 2 years bits are still deteriorating on mine! The same engineering problems have been transferred over to the F4RC. MV had to up the price add a few glamorous bits to pay for all the replacement parts issues around the world. Dealers and importer can only do so much.
A class action will get satisfaction some how or way.
How in the hells name did they make helicopters?
They must of all crashed

Well your a happy customer lol
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-22-2015, 04:23 AM

New Site Garage
Hehehe

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 08:30 AM

Interesting. I have a 2010 F4 with nearly 12,000 miles on it and nary an issue. Other than the battery starting to tap out.

2010 MV AGUSTA F4 amongst others......
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 07:38 PM
Established Member

I've got 8k mi on my '13 F4R and yet to have a single issue. I Love this bike a little more every time I ride it! -Davis
Attached Images

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 09:26 PM

My previous F4 1000R 07 was great. And my F4RR 12 is even better!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode