First Ride - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

First Ride

Well after owning it for a week, I finally got a chance to ride today. 300 glorious miles, a polish later & I have a huge smile. I'm 5'11 and I have to say its far more comfortable than my GSXR, easy to tuck in, plenty of room to move around and not heavy on the bars.

I know there are technically better bikes out there but oh my god it fun. So many comments on the bike too. My mates are gutted, one has an RSV4 and the other a new R1. Stopped for a coffee, talk about overshadowing the others, loads of people giving it the once or twice over and just ignoring the R1 and RSVR. They all pale into insignificance, really happy with the pearl white too.

Still need to play some more with the suspension and all the electronic settings. Bit choppy off throttle, when trying to cruise in town. Would be very good if we could remap the FBW throttle.

What did surprise me is not being able to switch the LCD to Night Mode on the fly. Trying to do it at traffic lights, I always seemed to run out of time. The accidental application of the speed limiter, made my mates pi$$ themselves when I couldn't get past 50mph. I find the clipon controls a little vague & struggled to turn it off, ended up just switching the bike off and on. Also a little condensation in the headlight.

It's a little quiet so need to look at an exhaust but don't really want to lose the F4 tail pipe as it is very different to anything else. The arrow systems etc are a little ducati ish, but probably be where I will end up.

The Nissin brake is not bad but figure I'll go back to Brembo or PVM, more just for my peace of mind than the performance requirement. I was going to swap over my AP thumb brake as I've not used a foot brake in 15 years, but there does not seem to be the room below the clip-on for that.

The clutch got a bit heavy towards the end of the day.

So need to think about first upgrades;
  1. Brembo clutch 16 and brake 19/20. Won't bother with the RCS as I have the same calipers on my GSXR (RSV4 front end)
  2. Rearsets, any recommendations I'm used to reverse shift but not essential
  3. Thumb brake if I can get it to fit, and rear caliper
  4. Light tinted double bubble screen
  5. Exhaust
  6. Any suggestions for must dos?

The best thing I've ever bought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 07:30 PM
Established Member

Hey, nice to hear that. Hope you enjoy the bike a lot.

As far as the upgrades, I got the RCS19 and am actually struggling to take all the air of the system, but have to say it is much better than original. Just make sure you get a radial master cylinder adapter or new lines.

I also got the stm 30mm clutch slave. It helped a lot with clutch pull.

Can't say much about other stuff, but I wouldn't change the original exhaust for nothing that didn't look the same.

Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode