Any problems with throttle response on 2015 F4s? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2015, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Any problems with throttle response on 2015 F4s?

Having admired MVs for many years, I am finally considering an 2015 F4. However, as I have been reading up on them, I find a lot of references to unreliable "ride-by-wire" experiences on recent models.

Here are some quotes from articles I've read. (Some of these are about the F3.)

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2014/0...et-comparison/

Quote:
"It has a lot of issues with the throttle," Northover agrees. "You're never quite sure what you're going to get when you open the throttle."
Quote:
...it was the machine we wanted to get off of the quickest.
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/revi...cycles-review/

Quote:
There is nothing more frustrating than coming out of the turn, whacking the throttle, and having nothing happen. This "false neutral" of throttle inputs is something I have seen on both the 675cc and the 800cc models, and it leaves you thinking the F3 800 isnít quite done.
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/f...kes-mv-agusta/

Quote:
The F4 RR's throttle feels snatchy and disconnected, like last year's F3.
Quote:
...but on a track, mid-corner, not knowing what you're going to get when you twist the throttle is unnerving and takes all your attention, when you should be thinking about where you're going.
Quote:
There's nothing I like about this bike, it's the worst bike I've ever ridden. It's horrible. It's like riding a video game Ė there's no throttle connection. Whatever's going on in your hand is not going on in the engine Ė it's just weird. Even flat-out it's unpredictable.
Are there any 2015 model owners here who can chime in? What are your thoughts/experiences with the F4 throttle response? The "dedicated" riding position I can live with but a lack of confidence or "you never know what you're going to get when you turn the throttle" really concerns me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 09:00 AM

New Site Garage
Maybe have a look in the maintenance section.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 06:37 AM

2014 F4 throttle is great once you set it up with the settings you like. I have the recommendations from a magazine and they were spot on. I find the riding position much like a Ducati 999 which is pretty comfy.

2014 MV Agusta F4
Moto Guzzi 1100 Sporti
Yamaha R1
Honda CT90
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 01:03 PM

New Site Garage
If the 15's are the same as the 14's I have to say that the stock fueling setting is easy to modulate in sporty riding. It's pretty darn good. Then again, I don't race so YMMV.

'14 F4 RR ABS Pearly White/ Deep Black (13K miles still rolling, Haha!)
'13 Panigale S ABS (18.5K miles SOLD)
'15 Panigale R (2K miles)
'15 Fireblade SP (1K miles)
Los Angeles North
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 06:09 PM

Agreed, once I set it up through the Custom settings menu I am completely happy with my 14"s throttle. I would think the 15's is exactly the same. Here are the settings I use.
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2013/0...rr-first-ride/

2014 MV Agusta F4
Moto Guzzi 1100 Sporti
Yamaha R1
Honda CT90

Last edited by flyboyk; 09-14-2015 at 06:13 PM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 10:42 PM
Established Member

Flyboy was wondering if anyone has tried that map. I think I will give it a whirl. After all the updates mine is pretty smooth except around 10 mph and under in parking lots.

Kevin

2013 F4 red/silver
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 01:59 AM

No issues on the '14 and I beat on that bike every weekend on some very tight mountain roads. As long as you are in the right gear, there are no flat spots. I am yet to try the setting offered by the magazine.

2014 F4 RR
Ducati Monster M1000S
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses. I did have a look through the maintenance forum, and while there was a report or two, it wasn't endemic as the media reviews might suggest.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 01:30 PM

I have to agree with everyone else. I enjoy mine much more once I set up the custom map settings. I actually have my gas/throttle sensitivity set to rain and my throttle response to race/sport. They are different settings and one works the throttle sensitivity and the other control throttle opening at the intake. Someone else may be able to confirm I have it correct and not backwards. It does make a difference which one you adjust. My 15' F4 is my 1st bike with ride by wire and I found myself having a slightly less steady throttle hand than I thought. Throttle sensitivity in sport mode would cause the bike to surge a little as I hit bumps (mostly on highway riding). Once I set it to rain mode it works great for me and haven't had any issues with throttle response or sensitivity at all.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camberdually View Post
Flyboy was wondering if anyone has tried that map. I think I will give it a whirl. After all the updates mine is pretty smooth except around 10 mph and under in parking lots.
I use it and like it!

2014 MV Agusta F4
Moto Guzzi 1100 Sporti
Yamaha R1
Honda CT90

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode