2014 f4 cutting out at high speed - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2015, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

2014 f4 cutting out at high speed

It's happened twice,once at low speed once on the highway at speed. Panel reads a fuel fault and engine loses drive. Doesn't shut off just goes to idle and gives me no drive. Some how able to coast across 3 lanes of a busy highway without getting killed but not happy! Once I shut off bike and restart it letting it go through its starting cycle everything is fine again. Has this happened to anyone else? Seems like pretty foolish and dangerous engineering if lose drive every time a fault registers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 12:08 AM

Ive had mine cut out on me. its been a fault with the quick-shifter. The engine still sounds like its engaged, but its actually shut off and being driven by the back wheel (throttle has no effect).
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyph0n View Post
Ive had mine cut out on me. its been a fault with the quick-shifter. The engine still sounds like its engaged, but its actually shut off and being driven by the back wheel (throttle has no effect).
Funny you mentioned quick shifter. After having issues with mine cutting out during only at highway cruise for about 6 miles and never around city driving. Ignition has been changed throttle and harness has been changed tilt sensor changed and ecu updated still had issues. But after disconnecting the quick shifter switch it stopped cutting out. Bruce from mv USA out of NH is sending me a new quick shifter plug.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 10:24 PM

If this helps I'm quoting the head technical advisor from mv agusta USA out of PA
"The tip sensor and side stand switch and quick shifter are the only thing that can cause shut off without error on dash"
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 07:04 PM

I also pass on my f4 2013, my bike at 7000 rpm approx short and turns an orange light on the dash, not may be, it is as if the bike tubiera limiter rev, but 7000 I think it's not right
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 08:56 AM
Established Member

Same thing happened to me this morning. I was riding at very high speeds (160MPH+) when the engine hesitated and I got a big STOP warning on the dash. I coasted to a full stop, realized the engine was off, turned the ignition completely off and after waiting for a few seconds, it started right up.
Any ideas what could have caused it? First time ever for me.

MarcoM3
2013 MV Agusta F3 675
2012 Ducati Panigale 1199
2013 MV Agusta F4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode