Rear hugger installation - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Rear hugger installation

Anyone know how the OEM carbon hugger fits to a standard 2014/2015 F4? I have been told that there are three holes on the swing arm already. I am not currently at home with my machine but I want to order the part from MV but want to know how it fits before I buy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 04:19 PM

Yes, there are 3 holes already in the swing arm. You'll need 3 wellnuts for installation (should be supplied with the hugger). And if you don't already have a rear wheel nut socket, this is a good reason to get one.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Cool thanks for the info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

What size well nut and what length screw?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2015, 12:29 PM
Established Member

Lem carbon fiber hugger? I am looking for one for my bike also let me know where you got it, how you like the fit, and how hard was the install

Kevin

2013 F4 red/silver
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 02:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camberdually View Post
Lem carbon fiber hugger? I am looking for one for my bike also let me know where you got it, how you like the fit, and how hard was the install
OEM - 'original equipment manufacture' (just the standard MV one from my MV dealer). I will let you know how the install goes

2015 F4 - Silver/Red / 2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE - White/Blue / 2003 Triumph Speed Triple - Roulette Green
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 05:00 PM

Yes there are 3 holes in the swing arm.this is classic MV,off with the wheel but you can see why they do it this way when it's on as there's no bolts showing and looks super clean and cool
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 09:17 PM

New Site Garage
Forget the size but GP Performance has the wellnuts. Just be careful putting them on, one of my wellnut rubber half is inside the swingarm until the hub gets serviced
I managed to install the OEM carbon hugger without removing the rear wheel. It took a bit of time and thought to tighten the three screws with the tire in the way. I also used double sided foam trim mounting tape epdm material to completely seal the mating surface between carbon and swingarm.
Someday I'm going to be able to take this bike apart by myself, but I need to collect the equipment up to do it properly.

'14 F4 RR ABS Pearly White/ Deep Black (13K miles still rolling, Haha!)
'13 Panigale S ABS (18.5K miles SOLD)
'15 Panigale R (2K miles)
'15 Fireblade SP (1K miles)
Los Angeles North

Last edited by Fragile; 05-21-2015 at 09:20 PM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 02:39 AM

I own a 2014 F4 in Red / Silver.
Added a rear fender in carbon fiber directly from MV Agusta cost about $350 US dollars. The fender did not include anything to attach it to the rear swing arm. To attach the rear fender I bought from the MV Agusta dealership one PUIG Windscreen Screw Kit Black part number 561-0099BK cost $15.99. The dealership removed the rear wheel for me and attached the rear fender.
I was ignorant thinking for $350 the rear fender must already come with fasteners to attach to the swing arm but no it does not.
The owner of the dealership installed it for free for me right there on the show room floor. After all I just paid $350 for a fender and an additional $15.99 since it seems no one had a clue that the fender did not come with the three fasteners to fit into the three holes already in the swing arm.

Mark V.
2014 F4 with ABS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode