MV Agusta Forum banner

Auto-blip works

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  flyboyk 
#1 ·
Went for my first ride of the year with my 14 F4. Quite frankly I never even tried to see if the downshift auto-blip even works, since it`s been widely discussed that it does not. Tried a downshift from 3rd to 2nd throttle closed ( meaning load on the transmission ) it blipped and shifted. Tried many more times and it worked in all gears. I noticed you need to be fairly high RPM for it to work, if you're just on residential streets puttering along it doesn`t. Also the throttle must be completely closed. It works consistently if you do not slam the lever but deliberately push.

#4 ·
regular riding and it did not want to quick shift up during ascending rpms 4-6,000. I was afraid to pull the lever any harder. My Duc upshifts with a seamless fury under the same conditions from a standing start. Haven't tried blipping. Maybe its designed to work under more extreme or higher revs.
OP what RPMs where you successful blipping? How about upshift, did that work and under what conditions?

Thanks

#5 ·
It all works better if you are riding similar to track day conditions, in other words somewhat hard running. It almost seems it`s meant to be used on the track only. If you are just running around town in low RPM`s it's hit or miss. Up and down shifts work better above around 6000 RPM. If the throttle is not completely closed it will not blip on the downshift and on upshift the throttle needs to be moving open or at the very least stationery if you back off the slightest it does not like it.

#7 ·
having not ridden a newer bike with the fancy race electronics, is it generally understood that people want quick shifters for generally tooling around town? I always assumed they were strictly for when you are giving it the beans. I can understand maybe the downshifts though I prefer to do it all myself at this point, I figured thats what slipper clutches are for.

#8 ·
I think they really are for "giving it the beans ". What happens is it starts to become useful for tooling also so you want to use it for that . This MV adaption almost assumes you'll only want to use it on a track, and seems to be designed that way. Of course with no guidance from MV on the use of it we are in the dark. There is only one little blurb I found that it is inhibited below 25mph.

#10 ·
You don't have to be going balls out to have a use for the auto up/downshift. You cant just ride an F4, its an adventure every time. We have excellent twisty roads here where even a daily ride can be very fun. I'd use the auto-blip downshift every time...if it worked...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.