what would you do? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

what would you do?

Just asking for some opinions. Let me start by saying I love the classic look of the motocorse exhaust but don't dislike the bodis. I would appreciate any reviews of either system.I know they're both great but my problem is for $3500 I can get the full bodis system but for the same price I'd only be looking at the motocorse slip ons. I'm sure many of you are gonna say it's a no brainer, but I really like the the motocorse system (aesthetically). Just don't know if I can justify spending that much money on just the slip on when the bodis is offering the full system. Unfortunately the full motocorse system is out of my price range. If it wasn't this post wouldn't exist.

Bike is a 2012 f4r....... thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 06:38 PM

New Site Garage
Keep in mind that a with a full system, you'll likely want to do an 'MV Race ECU' or Microtec to deal with fueling.

Having owned the Bodis (on an '08 F4-312R), and heard the Moto Corse, the Bodis is incredible sounding (and loud), well built and highly regarded. If you can ride a bike with the Bodis, I would suggest doing so, as the loudness is something that has to be experienced on the bike to clearly appreciate.

The Moto Corse system is beautiful, very highly regarded, less loud, but just a half system. No doubt it's the best looking system.

Tough choice but I went for the Bodis with a MV Race ECU as it enabled me to get rid of the catalytic converter and have great fueling and sound. Removing the catalytic converter made the bike run cooler, and certainly got rid of some of the heat on my right boot. It also seemed to pull more smoothly through the rev range.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-16-2015, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Is anyone familiar with Rexxer tuning? The mechanic at the dealership is telling me I don't need to get a new ecu. I will just need it tuned using Rexxer. I asked about PC or Bazzaz, but I just wanna make sure he is correct.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 07:58 PM

I have the Bodis full system on my 2012F4R and it doesn't really need a new ECU (or other tuning).
It does have a little flat spot at about 6000 but other than that it runs pretty well.
I had the same set up on a 2013 F4 and it ran lean at steady throttle. I do know what lean feels like.
At full throttle the two are even, it's only at partial throttle there's a problem on the '13.
All that being said, I plan to adjust the fueling via a Bazzaz unit to see what can be done about the flat spot. But, it's very rideable with no adjustment at all.

2018 Husky 701 Supermoto
2018 Aprilia Tuono 1100
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 03:37 PM

I have a Bodis with Bazzazz. I'm really happy with the Bodis. Sounde great, very well constructed. Made a nice difference in rideability. The Bazzazz is my first ECU modifier instead of ECU replacement. I purchased the automatic tuner to go with it, and its been a relatively trouble-free. Works well. Though honestly to go through it again I'd opt for the Microtec. In fact when I get some other projects done and have the funds for it, I'll be replacing the Bazzazz for a Microtec.

2010 MV AGUSTA F4 amongst others......
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire1776 View Post
I have a Bodis with Bazzazz. I'm really happy with the Bodis. Sounde great, very well constructed. Made a nice difference in rideability. The Bazzazz is my first ECU modifier instead of ECU replacement. I purchased the automatic tuner to go with it, and its been a relatively trouble-free. Works well. Though honestly to go through it again I'd opt for the Microtec. In fact when I get some other projects done and have the funds for it, I'll be replacing the Bazzazz for a Microtec.
I actually had the Microtec. I'm sure if Chris himself could have tuned it it would have turned out OK. As it was, the map that it came with didn't work out too well. It Idled at about 3500 rpms and had less power than stock. Chris tried to talk me through some tuning but after many days of messing with it and still no improvement I gave up and sent it back.

2018 Husky 701 Supermoto
2018 Aprilia Tuono 1100
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 12:55 AM

I'd do Bodis Slip-On and cut the baffles in half to make it a bit louder. If you take out the baffles, even the slip-on is terrifyingly loud!

2014 F4 RR
Ducati Monster M1000S
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodrive View Post
I'd do Bodis Slip-On and cut the baffles in half to make it a bit louder. If you take out the baffles, even the slip-on is terrifyingly loud!
The regular Bodis is not loud enough? I've thought about trying it with the baffles out but the tips of the Ti end pipes are rolled or have an extra bead of weld around them to smooth them over. This makes the diameter slightly smaller at the tip. I'm not sure the baffles will slide past this area easily or at all.

2018 Husky 701 Supermoto
2018 Aprilia Tuono 1100
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSR-1 View Post
The regular Bodis is not loud enough? I've thought about trying it with the baffles out but the tips of the Ti end pipes are rolled or have an extra bead of weld around them to smooth them over. This makes the diameter slightly smaller at the tip. I'm not sure the baffles will slide past this area easily or at all.
I only have the slip-on at the moment. It is too quiet for me with the baffles in and stupid loud with the baffles all the way out. I mean it is louder than a 1L Ducati L-twin with straight pipe. The baffles slide in and out of the exhaust pipe without any issues.

The solutions are:
- Run the slip-on and cut the baffle inserts in half to get more volume out of the engine.
- Run a full system and keep the baffles in and tuning the bike with the baffles in

2014 F4 RR
Ducati Monster M1000S
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 06:06 PM
Formerly - dagmvagusta

+2 on the Bodis. Love it

"In the middle of difficulty lies OPPORTUNITY!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode