2014 F4RR Autoblipper and software queries - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

2014 F4RR Autoblipper and software queries

Hi All,

I am the proud owner of a new Dec 2014 F4RR. Man, this thing is nuts!

Even coming from an f3 800, it just continues to blow my mind...

Anyhow.... These models are meant to have an autoblipper for clutchless downshifts right? If so, how do I activate it??
The quickshifter seems to work well, but when I try to do downshifts without clutch the gear level just feels solid (like it would on a normal gearbox) and doesn't seem to want to shift at all without the clutch.
I'm a bit nervous to just stomp my foot on it , as I don't want to hurt my new baby (plus i'm scared as to what it'll do! haha)

On another note, I just got my bike serviced the other day from the dealer at 940km's. When I picked the bike up I noticed that the throttle was blipping on its own with the clutch depressed. This happened after a medium hard pull in 2nd to 3rd. Since then however, it has not reoccured.
Could this be a bug in the latest software release?? Anyone else experienced it?

Any info on either will be much appreciated.
Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 10:58 PM

Congratulations, awesome bike! The howl they make up high and how they never stop pulling is amazing! The more you ride it the better it feels, took me a while to get used to the almost lazy feeling throttle but after a while it all feels right.

The downshift blipping I believe was a comms issue, something about over promising in their ads before the ecu was finalised. You can get the corse race ecu that has that feature: http://www.mvagusta.com/en/special-p...rr/racing-ecu/ but the standard ecu doesn't do it, maybe they could do it in a software upgrade but they haven't for 2 years... Take it easy man!

---------------------------------
2013 F4RR
2013 Brutale 1090
2014 Rivale
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015, 02:02 PM

New Site Garage
I like to ride a lot so having a second bike is important for me. My MV is my backup and weekend bike. My Duc is my long range commuter 500+ miles / week. Need to consider that when going to one bike. YMMV especially is you ride much less or don't rely on your bike then I would say go for the 2 to 1 trade. The F4RR '14 won't necessarily let you down but maintenance is frequent so you may lose miles ridden before next service that owning 2 bikes gives you.

'14 F4 RR ABS Pearly White/ Deep Black (13K miles still rolling, Haha!)
'13 Panigale S ABS (18.5K miles SOLD)
'15 Panigale R (2K miles)
'15 Fireblade SP (1K miles)
Los Angeles North
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015, 08:40 PM

Are Fragile & Willythepooh on the correct thread here?!

---------------------------------
2013 F4RR
2013 Brutale 1090
2014 Rivale
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 06:59 PM

Hi Guys, I am new to mvagusta.net. I am in Melbourne, Australia.

Just purchased a 2013 F4RR - and yes, it is completely nuts, even though I have only left it on "normal" setting so far. Interested to find anybody else (preferably in Melbourne!) with the same bike to go riding. But apart from that, interested to get advice on the best way to learn all the trickery available on this beast in order to grow with it and get the best out of it.

I am doing a trackday at Phiullip Island on the 9th Feb.

Hey vteckc, I have the same question actually. I can change down without the clutch, but not every time. Certainly, I also dont want to simply stomp on it forcefully. Further, I often seem to find neutrals when employing the upshift/quickshift ... is it just me, or is this typical?

Looking forward to meeting some of you out there.
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 07:29 PM

I am more likely to get a not wanting to shift on the upshift with the quickshift on my 2014 F4. I have had a just a few neutrals. I do think the 7.5 ft lbs torque on the shift lever bolt is a crucial link to the problem.

2014 MV Agusta F4
Moto Guzzi 1100 Sporti
Yamaha R1
Honda CT90
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 07:31 PM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYF4 View Post
Hi Guys, I am new to mvagusta.net. I am in Melbourne, Australia.

Just purchased a 2013 F4RR - and yes, it is completely nuts, even though I have only left it on "normal" setting so far. Interested to find anybody else (preferably in Melbourne!) with the same bike to go riding. But apart from that, interested to get advice on the best way to learn all the trickery available on this beast in order to grow with it and get the best out of it.

I am doing a trackday at Phiullip Island on the 9th Feb.

Hey vteckc, I have the same question actually. I can change down without the clutch, but not every time. Certainly, I also dont want to simply stomp on it forcefully. Further, I often seem to find neutrals when employing the upshift/quickshift ... is it just me, or is this typical?

Looking forward to meeting some of you out there.
Welcome to the forum George
The shifter not constantly working in upshift could be a few thing, try re-adjusting the lever to a more comfortable position to start with.

As for Melbourne riders, have a look over here - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Cheers

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 11:48 PM

Donsy, what do you think could be other issues with this quickshifter? It kind of defeats the purpose when it can`t be trusted to work. Actually, it totally defeats the purpose. I`ll try any thoughts you have. Thanks!

2014 MV Agusta F4
Moto Guzzi 1100 Sporti
Yamaha R1
Honda CT90
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-21-2015, 12:14 AM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyk View Post
Donsy, what do you think could be other issues with this quickshifter? It kind of defeats the purpose when it can`t be trusted to work. Actually, it totally defeats the purpose. I`ll try any thoughts you have. Thanks!
Okay 'whatsename' , first you need to figure out if it's electrical or mechanical.
Are you aware of how the system works, iow, that the pressure as applied by your foot, does two things.

Firstly the electrical side has to happen, iow, the ignition and/or fuelling has to interrupted, this takes the load off the gearbox.
Secondly but in the same movement, your foot has to apply enough pressure to the lever to still move the selector forks and gears in the gearbox, into the next gear.

I've seen many a guy at the track get this wrong, they just tap the lever enough to break the ignition, but not hard enough to shift the gears as they think this happens automatically.
Others have the lever in the incorrect position, not allowing them to apply enough pressure to allow the gears to be moved into the next position.

Hope this helps guys.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-21-2015, 02:26 AM

Thanks, I will be more conscious of how I move the lever and see what happens

2014 MV Agusta F4
Moto Guzzi 1100 Sporti
Yamaha R1
Honda CT90

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode