2012 F4 RR features - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

2012 F4 RR features

Can anyone tell me the features are on a 2012 F4 RR please?
For example did they have a slipper clutch, what electronics, T/C, Anti wheelie, Launch control, Quick shifter, etc.
I'm pretty sure it didn't have all of these features on it but would like to know what it did have please?
I wish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 12:30 AM

Hi Bstar360,

You are pretty well spot on there the 2012RR has Sweet F*CK all....

About the only feature is the 8 level front/rear traction control... No auto blipper, no anti wheelie, no slipper, no quick shift, although it does have a close ratio box (which would be even better with a quick shift).... All in all I love mine to death but in electronic comparison with the features and 'usability' of the electronics on the MV in comparison to the Panigale or RSV4 they are miles apart... Even the function buttons on both the handle bars and display are painful to use and impossible whilst riding to switch modes or play with functions.

The only real adjustable electronics package is the switch between Road/Sport Mode which allows the secondaries to kick in at a lower RPM to get the power on quicker...anything under 5,000rpm is dead space anyway and very flat which you expect in a high revving short stroke engine.

It is the same Marelli ECU as the RSV4 Aprillia which has all of the features you mentioned and more so it is disappointing to see that there isn't an improved suite of options for a bike of this pedigree and price in comparison to the BMW S1000RR which has more electronics than a fighter jet for half the dollars but bearing in mind this is the first true MV back in Italian hands for a long time and for the die hard's among us sacrificing a few 'nice to have' electronics are a small price to pay for riding such a fine machine....

I have just ordered a Brutale Dragster as a 'town bike' for a bit more fun and will keep you posted on the electronics package changes with that one once I am more familiar with it....

Cheers
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info Hollywood.
Yeah the Ape has a lot of trick electronics and it's a toss up between the two
There is a cracker deal going here on a new 2012 RR, but by now and when the 2014 standard F4's get here they will have more features than the 12 RR by the sounds of it and possibly cost me less.
It's like my AU xls ute the next basic BA model xl ute had more features as standard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 12:20 AM

If the price is right I would still jump at it. They are a mountain of a machine and I wouldnt let a few electronic nice to haves deter me. Assuming it is 10K cheaper than what the 2014 will be.

Where abouts are you based Bstar? Im in Perth.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 01:24 AM

New Site Garage
The 13/14 model have list of electronics longer than I have time to digest. I've yet to read through the manual or even the website prospectus for the F4RR. The website is like a long essay on the F4RR. Nice to know all the features are there however, as I will get around to appreciating all that over time. Keeps things interesting, from TSS to ABS to rear wheel anti lift, to inertial sensor, to quick shift, to 4 maps including a custom one, the list goes on and on.

'14 F4 RR ABS Pearly White/ Deep Black (13K miles still rolling, Haha!)
'13 Panigale S ABS (18.5K miles SOLD)
'15 Panigale R (2K miles)
'15 Fireblade SP (1K miles)
Los Angeles North
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood85 View Post
If the price is right I would still jump at it. They are a mountain of a machine and I wouldnt let a few electronic nice to haves deter me. Assuming it is 10K cheaper than what the 2014 will be.

Where abouts are you based Bstar? Im in Perth.
Over East Hollywood.
It's $6000 off the current price and $9000 off full retail.
MV have a sale going at the moment.
Really when I think about it I can get a 13 F4 for $22490 at the moment and that bike will have more electronics but not the suspension of the 12RR. With the money I save on the RR I could put the Ohlins suspension on the F4, not that I need it. Either way both bikes are more than I need, just bragging rights with the RR in my case if I were to get that.
One thing with the RR is I could put a Microtec ECU on that and tune it if I were to put a pipe on it which appeals to me, but can't do that with the ride by wire bikes.
Also I really like the Red/Silver colour scheme of a F4 more than the RR paint scheme, not that the RR is not nice just I like the Red/Silver combo better.
So the moral to the story here is, it's a dilemma.

Last edited by bstar360; 07-16-2014 at 10:23 AM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstar360 View Post
Over East Hollywood.
It's $6000 off the current price and $9000 off full retail.
MV have a sale going at the moment.
Really when I think about it I can get a 13 F4 for $22490 at the moment and that bike will have more electronics but not the suspension of the 12RR. With the money I save on the RR I could put the Ohlins suspension on the F4, not that I need it. Either way both bikes are more than I need, just bragging rights with the RR in my case if I were to get that.
One thing with the RR is I could put a Microtec ECU on that and tune it if I were to put a pipe on it which appeals to me, but can't do that with the ride by wire bikes.
Also I really like the Red/Silver colour scheme of a F4 more than the RR paint scheme, not that the RR is not nice just I like the Red/Silver combo better.
So the moral to the story here is, it's a dilemma.

Yes I will agree with you there, the all white I have is nice but the red/silver is true MV....I am not a fan of the white/black 13RR

What ever you decide to do you will always wonder if you should of gone the other way.

I have just ordered Dynojet Power Commander, Quickshifter & full Bodis system for mine. Easy way to blow anther 10K for another 20+RWHP.... As long as I can eat the Panigales I ride with I will be happy!! haha

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood85 View Post
Yes I will agree with you there, the all white I have is nice but the red/silver is true MV....I am not a fan of the white/black 13RR

What ever you decide to do you will always wonder if you should of gone the other way.

I have just ordered Dynojet Power Commander, Quickshifter & full Bodis system for mine. Easy way to blow anther 10K for another 20+RWHP.... As long as I can eat the Panigales I ride with I will be happy!! haha

It will be pretty hard to be the panigale the mv is just too heavy to even try it.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 10:42 PM

New Site Garage
Yeah, what he said, the Panigale is like quick draw when compared to the F4. Rider skill however will be the biggest deciding factor IMO

'14 F4 RR ABS Pearly White/ Deep Black (13K miles still rolling, Haha!)
'13 Panigale S ABS (18.5K miles SOLD)
'15 Panigale R (2K miles)
'15 Fireblade SP (1K miles)
Los Angeles North

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode