Fueling issue on my 2010 w/ Bodis and Bazzaz - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Fueling issue on my 2010 w/ Bodis and Bazzaz

After putting a Bodis on my 2010 and augmenting FI with Bazzaz ZFI/AFM, I've started having a little issue. For a short while after starting cold, if I ride a short bit, and go to stop - the engine cuts out. This wasn't present before the Bazzaz. It seems to me fuel starvation, but I can't figure out why. Once it gets up to normal temp, non-issue (pulses a bit sometimes for a few seconds.) Any ideas?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2010 MV AGUSTA F4 amongst others......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Formerly - dagmvagusta

Did you have your biked tuned by a good tuner to build a custom map for your bike utilizing the bazzaz fi management? If you relied on the base map that was sent with the unit that will not work. I have a 2012 f4 with mv coarse headers, bodis ti slip on and z fi plus quick shifter and it runs flawlessly with correction of the fuel map curve going straight up and the air to fuel ratio inline with what it should be. All that was possible due to the custom map built and not just plug and play. Also if you have the quick shifter option built in check the settings on each up shift gear as that could be off. Had to call bazzaz and get the baseline settings from that then tweak it to my riding style for quick shifts.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

"In the middle of difficulty lies OPPORTUNITY!"
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

No good tuners in the area (Closest I'd trust is Ferraccis in Willow Grove, and schedule just doesn't allow for running down for it right now) , and I'm trying to book some dyno time near-by. I've done tuning on Microtecs for my Duc's, but this is my first "piggy-back" module. Not using the base map. I bought the AFM module knowing I was not going to be able to do a proper dyno mapping for immediate effect. And frankly its worked rather well. In fact this really is the only issue I've had since install, just a bit perplexed. It's the only thing I can't square out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 08:30 PM

New Site Garage
Idling too low ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 11:52 PM
Formerly - dagmvagusta

Cool deal, check your idle times and that can be an issue and it is programmable and if you pm me your map I can compare and send you mine. I know out bikes is 2 years apart but I believe all is the same maybe the corsacata motor was introduced in mine so may need to check. Other than that we have the same setup. Let me know if I can be of help.

"In the middle of difficulty lies OPPORTUNITY!"
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. Will do. I do think the idle is a bit low when cold. Seems normal when warm.

As mentioned, this is my first piggy-back. Wanted to try it as I wanted to get the Bodis on and riding ASAP. Honestly I think I might eventually trade out for a Microtec though.

For the record - (and for good or bad ) I'm an insatiable tinkerer. I can't leave things well enough alone. I like to know how things tick, even when there's nothing wrong. Yes, I've already tore into the engine some just to see how MV did things.

Last edited by spitfire1776; 07-03-2014 at 09:29 AM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 09:11 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Dahulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmvagusta View Post
Cool deal, check your idle times and that can be an issue and it is programmable and if you pm me your map I can compare and send you mine. I know out bikes is 2 years apart but I believe all is the same maybe the corsacata motor was introduced in mine so may need to check. Other than that we have the same setup. Let me know if I can be of help.

I believe the new motor started on the F4rr 2012 and the F4r 2012. I had a 2010 f4 which was the older motor.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014, 07:10 PM

I've been the same problems with my F4Y10 and Microtec...I'm tired...

http://youtu.be/1C4mw1_aqaw
www.mv-agusta.es using motorcycle app.

Last edited by SpainF4; 07-06-2014 at 07:19 PM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

SpainF4, that problem is way worse than mine. Sorry to hear it. Mine ended up being a loosened retainer nut and idle out of adjustment slightly. I hope an answer for yours is rapidly forthcoming. Personally I would suspect a clogged fuel filter. I've seen that behavior in the past with clogged fuel filters.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode