2010 F4 moded vs 2014 RR or 1199? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

2010 F4 moded vs 2014 RR or 1199?

i know this is a very "personal preferance" question.... but its what i've been thinking lately.

i have a 2010 F4, largely stock and problems aside i love it, but have been thinking of upgrading. but for the performance side of things would u not be better of bolting up a complete bodis system which r claiming 185hp at the wheel?

i say this because to trade up your looking at 15k+ yet you can do a lot with that to mod the 2010, which personaly i think looks a lot better in black then the new RR.... and doesnt have fly by wire which i'm not a fan of....

so my question is how does the moded 2010 F4 stand up against the new RR and 1199 ?

has anyone got a complete bodis system on a 2010 with the new computer they supply with 185hp? how does it go ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 11:38 PM

No way a Bodis makes 185 at the wheel on its own.

I have a full arrow/zard twin combo with a tuned Microtec M227 ECU and it put down 175 on race slicks, so maybe 178ish on street tires. If outright performance is your concern, get an HP4.

WMRRA #58
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 01:44 AM

If I were you, sell your 2010, and get the f4rr. For sure you can mod your '10 but when the time comes to sell it, those mods will not help with the price. unlike if you get the f4rr, the modifications/improvements are factory installed. you can leave it as it is and demand a higher asking price later on.

Every body have fun tonight... Everybody wangchung tonight... Dude, What in the world is a wangchung?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 07:15 AM
Formerly - dagmvagusta

I have a 2012 with mv corse headers, Bodis ti slipon, Bazzaz fuel module with quick shifter, bmc air filter, lighter race wheels and a hell I a map tuned to the dime!! I put down 186rwhp. But for me it's not the number that you should be looking for its how the bike responds as you go they the gears. You want a smooth curve like silk. Chasing numbers won't get you anywhere. Get the bike tuned by a excellent tuner and you will truly see with the f4 can do. Ohh and by the way mine is a f4r. Not rr.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

"In the middle of difficulty lies OPPORTUNITY!"
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 08:56 AM

Horsepower is fun, but really what are you going to do with it? I know here in NC it will only get you in jail, the hospital or maybe even the morgue if you ride the bike anywhere near its potential. We have really become a nation of terrible drivers. Phones, texting, the me me mentality and no lane discipline. Even trying to enjoy the bike in the mountains is hard. Everybody with a phone thinks he is a junior state trooper and will call saying you are being a criminal. I spend most of time on the track at Virginia International Raceway. We usually ride on the North Course which has 17 curves in 2.4 mile with a lot of elevation change. It is not a horsepower track except for the front straight(which has a kink) and between turn 6 and 7. A liter bike is not the hot ticket. Most people are fastest on a 600 or 750. It is your bike and of course your money but I would not spend one dime on the motor. I would spend my money on the suspension and brakes. I would get it tuned to even out the powerband but that is it.
w
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 09:11 AM

I have a 2010 F4, and considered the same thing. I've put a Bodis on it and Bazzaz with tuning, and frankly I'm pretty happy. I might switch to a Microtec, as I'm more a fan of ECU vs. add-ons, and do Ohlins forks and rear. Maybe Marchesinis. But that is preference, not necessity. All-in-all I have to agree with some others, unless you absolutely have to have an RR, just mod the 2010 to your preference. You will be happier.

By the way, for the record, I don't care about resale value. I buy bike's to enjoy, not investments.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2010 MV AGUSTA F4 amongst others......
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire1776 View Post
By the way, for the record, I don't care about resale value. I buy bike's to enjoy, not investments.
+1 I've certainly spent my share on bikes just to turn around and try something new.
But I think I'm at MV to stay!

2018 Husky 701 Supermoto
2018 Aprilia Tuono 1100
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

i should point out i'm not after the 185hp as an out right number.... just want to know how it stacks up in comparison... i said 185 because thats what there claiming with the tune aswell....

what i'm trying to get an idea of is, is it worth it... ie does the bodis system + tune really improve the bike that much? or r u better off just going for the slip on + a new fuel map more for the sound and looks rather then performance

would be great to get a ride on one to see what the difference is, unfortunatly thats not possible

the way i'm looking at it is, 15k to trade up, to 1199,hp4 or RR... that 15k could be full exhaust + tune, a heap of carbon fibre goodies and maybe new wheels aswell (i'd really like the 2014 RR wheels on my 2010) + some little custom bits i've been thinking of.... which could make for an awesome bike

are one of those bikes really that big a step up from the 2010 anyway, i mean yes the hp4's got insane top end.. but lacks down low... the 1199 is similar but not as much top end.... i mean for the money i want something that is a lot better (keeping in mind i use mainly on the street)
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 06:42 AM

Given your geographical isolation, I would be thinking long and hard about the Eldor ecu and it's ability to be remapped etc.
Ditto for the all singing all dancing electronic suspension and 3 gyro super duper TC electronics. e.g. Just changing tyre profile will have an effect on the algorithm for front to rear speed differential.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 07:26 AM
Established Member

I put the RG4 system on my 2010 F4 and Ferracci (himself) tuned it and it's Dyno'd at 177-179hp at the rear wheel consistently over 3yrs. I use it for trackdays and can stay with most liter bikes that are out there. I'm not so sure about the Eldor's adjust-ability on the newer bikes. I'm sure that will come with time but I'm holding on to my 2010 for a while.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode