Go Back   MVAgusta.net > General > General Talk
Register FAQ Members List

Old 12-28-2012, 06:53 AM   #1
Velocemoto

No MVs in the Registry

Default Back on board !!!

...kind of:-)
It's been a while, but I'll be back onboard an MV very soon

My father in law has just bought a brand new red/silver F3...picks it up next week. He rang me out of the blue saying "guess what I bought?"

I was quite surprised to be honest, because he's always been a big bore horsepower guy....he actually went into buy a secondhand 'post 2010' F4, as he really misses his old f4, but was seduced by the more modern,compact, beautiful F3. He freely admits he bought it just by seeing it and sitting on it.

Needless to say, ill be going with him to pick it up, and help in run it in...I cant bring myself to leave my 1098R, but it will be nice to swing a leg over the other marque I love.

I'll post impressions and pics soon...
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG

Didn't you post pictures a while ago of you and your father in law dicing it up at the track?
CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #3
Velocemoto

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Didn't you post pictures a while ago of you and your father in law dicing it up at the track?
About 4 years ago since we both had F4's and did that Carl.
Time flies:-)
Old 12-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG

Indeed. Welcome back.
CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
rents

MV in the Registry:
[Brutale S]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocemoto View Post
He freely admits he bought it just by seeing it and sitting on it.
There's no better reason
rents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:18 PM   #6
Velocemoto

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Indeed. Welcome back.
Never gone mate...just don't own one right now
Old 12-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #7
style_one

MV in the Registry:
[F4S 750]

love to hear your impressions. when you fall for something, it takes alot of convincing to sway your passions. wonder what the f3 will do for you there. could be a great compliment to a big hp bike....even if it is a duc.
style_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #8
mikef4uk

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Now.................that will be a test ride report I for one will look forward to

Happy Christmas Pete...

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
mikef4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #9
Velocemoto

No MVs in the Registry

Happy new year everyone,. Rode the F3 today to break it in. Had 37km on the clock so nothing too quick. First impressions soon.

How do mv make a bike that sounds impossibly sexy and raw ? Really, what a sound.... And totally stock.
This bike rapes your eardrums, in a good way.

Back soon
Pete

Edit. For those who don't know I had a F4 750 then an F4 1000 over an 8 year period. Currently own a 1098R which is an animal. This is my first MV experience for a few years.

Ride was in queensland on roads ive never been on...from landsborogh, maleny, blad knob and back to colundra. First impressions is that it's small, tiny....petite, and utterly gorgeous. Firing it up reveals a lovely crisp family idle...similar to original F4 . it's only once up and going that the triple reveals its aural delights...amazing sound.
The bike is super light, effortless to change direction, yet feels very very neutral. Never really felt I had to adjust the bikes line at all, just turned in neatly and went where it was pointed. It's did feel a little frisky over some rises and bumby bits, but never out of shape. Steering damper perhaps ?

The fueling was a total surprise. What's all the fuss about ? This is best fueled mv I'd ever ridden, period. No misses , coughs , no nothing. Even though the engine was tight and brand new, it still pulled cleanly and true. Once it frees up a bit it will only get better I'm sure.

The riding position is spot on. A comfy MV.....never thought I'd see the day. You can ride the F3 all day. There's slight pressure on the wrists but I like that anyway, and it let's you know it's still a sportsbike. Brakes are good, but not monblock type stopping power. I think the light weight of the bikes helps it stop . I can see later upgrades for F3 in the brakes dept.

It really is an Engadging ride, even though I didn't really rev it out. It does everything you ask, and it does it so easily , no fuss. It feels modern and nimble, cutting edge compared to F4. Did I say it looks stunning in the flesh ?????

Thinks I don't like....clutch lever and operation of. No click adjustability. It really should be.
Fit of rear seat...Should be single seat version.

All up, fabulous effort by mv, and a ripper price for what you get. The noise of the triple inside your helmet as you open it over a brow is pure heaven....anyone who has one, I can understand why you are in love...

Last edited by Velocemoto : 01-03-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Velocemoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #10
Galaad

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocemoto View Post
Happy new year everyone,. Rode the F3 today to break it in. Had 37km on the clock so nothing too quick. First impressions soon.

How do mv make a bike that sounds impossibly sexy and raw ? Really, what a sound.... And totally stock.
This bike rapes your eardrums, in a good way.

Back soon
Pete

Lucky you...Here it was -22 C ...a bit chilly
Galaad is offline   Reply With Quote