Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > F3
Register FAQ Members List

Old 12-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
MVChris675

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Default MV crap?

Starting to feel jilted with this bike. a month or so ago, it started to become rough starting, coughing and spitting thru the intake. then the other day it seemed like it was low on juice, so i put the tender on like i always do when i get back from being out of town. it still did the same thing. but, once running everything seemed fine. well the clutch nosie was still there. but almost used to the bucket of bolts sound. once shes on song it beautiful. but, thing i i paid 16k with an extended warrenty. not it wont start at all. threw up this code, stating "phase sensor" fault stop engine. WTF is that??? 16k and my triumph that has 80k miles on it and that bike fires right up every time, even after sitting for almost a month
MVChris675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
corran

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Lemon?

2013 MV Agusta F3

Recent Bikes
Ducati Monster
Kawasaki Z1000
Suzuki GXR 750
Triumph Daytona 675
2012 Ducati 848

I'm not a bad ass, but I play one on Facebook.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
MVChris675

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

not sure if bikes fall under the lemon law or not
MVChris675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
VaporMV

No MVs in the Registry

Have you taken it to the dealer to have a look at it? NO manufacturer has a product that is 100% perfect. Thats why they come with warranties. Seems kind of pointless to rant about something if you have not attempted to do anything about it.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
R1andrew

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Just send her to me. I will give her a nice warm place to sleep.
R1andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
Stephen W.

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Some who have not experienced any problems with their F3ís tend to dismiss those of us who have. And we who have can only sympathize with each other as there doesnít seem to be many correct fixes coming from the factory.
I think Iíve figured out why an MV dealer would refuse to do warrantee work. They donít like having to source problems, find the fix or try hit and miss experiments spending days working on factory errors only to be paid for a few hours flat rate once a solution is found.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #7
Jake318

MVChris675 I own or have owned a bike from every manufacturer you can think of and then some and ALL models have teething problems the first year out . Go to your dealer have them sort out the bike and chances are you will have a reliable machine from that point on .

PS The F3 675 is a new product line for the dealer also so try to give them all the information you can (how bike runs better hot or cold ect ect) as precisely as you can . Writing a list is a good suggestion.

If you like the way the F3 675 looks performs and fits(ergonomics )is paramount IMHO. This IS the golden age of motorcycling . Just about every mainstream manufacture produces a dependable, durable
product line.
Jake318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #8
bungle
Established Member

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVChris675 View Post
Starting to feel jilted with this bike. a month or so ago, it started to become rough starting, coughing and spitting thru the intake. then the other day it seemed like it was low on juice, so i put the tender on like i always do when i get back from being out of town. it still did the same thing. but, once running everything seemed fine. well the clutch nosie was still there. but almost used to the bucket of bolts sound. once shes on song it beautiful. but, thing i i paid 16k with an extended warrenty. not it wont start at all. threw up this code, stating "phase sensor" fault stop engine. WTF is that??? 16k and my triumph that has 80k miles on it and that bike fires right up every time, even after sitting for almost a month
I feel your pain, my mates MV675 has had fairing panels fall off & the clutch fall to bits & various electrical problems.[Bike has only covered 500mile!!!!!]

I did laugh at the time but it is not an isolated incident as the dealer has only sold about 15 bikes & EVERY single one has been returned for some warranty work!!!

Not acceptable really for a so called premium product. MV has a great heritage & builds good looking bikes but their reputation recently for building un-reliable bikes with crap back up is mounting.

The future for MV could be bleak if it continues. That would be a real shame but typically Italian.
bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #9
MVF3_40

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungle View Post
I feel your pain, my mates MV675 has had fairing panels fall off & the clutch fall to bits & various electrical problems.[Bike has only covered 500mile!!!!!]

I did laugh at the time but it is not an isolated incident as the dealer has only sold about 15 bikes & EVERY single one has been returned for some warranty work!!!

Not acceptable really for a so called premium product. MV has a great heritage & builds good looking bikes but their reputation recently for building un-reliable bikes with crap back up is mounting.

The future for MV could be bleak if it continues. That would be a real shame but typically Italian.
I haven't heard this reputation.

I had a 2nd year R6. Developed a miss while running in. 12 months of to and fro and it was finally fixed with a new cdi / ecu.

Yamaha eh. Building crap unreliable motorcycles....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com Free App
MVF3_40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #10
quad-turbo

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVChris675 View Post
Take it to the dealer mate and make sure they give you a demo bike to ride while they sort it out !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungle View Post

Fairings don't just fall off mate, no sympathy there
quad-turbo is online now   Reply With Quote