|

Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > F3
Register FAQ Members List

Old 12-19-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
Ballsy

No MVs in the Registry

Default Good Second Bike?

So I love Mv's but realize that it probably wouldn't be a practical first bike. I was thinking about starting on a CBR 250 for a couple years and move up to an F3 when I have sufficient funds and feel ready to move up. Do you think this would be a good idea? I always hear about people moving from 250s to 600s, and thought, "This is definitly the best looking 600 on the market.". What is your opinion?
Ballsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
rz33v4

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Sounds like a good idea. The Honda (or the Kawi 300) would give you plenty of motorcycle experience so you could well appreciate the F3.
rz33v4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
corran
Established Member

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz33v4 View Post
Sounds like a good idea. The Honda (or the Kawi 300) would give you plenty of motorcycle experience so you could well appreciate the F3.
MY GF started on a Ninja 250... but... that lasted about 2 months. While its HIGHLY recomended to do this as they're so easy to use, chances are it'll be short term.Chances are also that you'll crash it a few times (stop lights and other low speed OOPS)... so buy a CHEAP USED one... something already banged up that you don't mind banging up... you'll spend $2500 on it and sell it for the same amount later. Then get yourself a 600 class bike when you're ready.

Corran

2013 MV Agusta F3

Recent Bikes
Ducati Monster
Kawasaki Z1000
Suzuki GXR 750
Triumph Daytona 675
2012 Ducati 848

I'm not a bad ass, but I play one on Facebook.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
Ballsy

No MVs in the Registry

So do you think it would be a good second bike? Thanks!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #5
ACT MV
Established Member

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Are you a gumby ?
Are you stupid ?
Do you have rubbish judgement ?

If you can honestly answer no to all of those buy the F3 - You will take better care of a bike you love. It will be enough bike to grow with you and while they can be insane the way they deliver their power is very controllable (so long as you can control yourself) ....

And think about all those moments when you casually mention its your first bike - like that's completely normal
ACT MV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #6
Ballsy

No MVs in the Registry

It's not going to be my first bike, that is outright stupidity at its best. The insurance, repair, maintence, and overall lack of safety is waaaaaaay to much for a college kid. A 250 is much more practical and was wondering what would be a good upgrade and this was definitly my top choice. But I have a couple years until I can even get a bike LOL.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:36 AM   #7
silentservice703

Send a message via AIM to silentservice703 Send a message via Yahoo to silentservice703 Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballsy View Post
It's not going to be my first bike, that is outright stupidity at its best. The insurance, repair, maintence, and overall lack of safety is waaaaaaay to much for a college kid. A 250 is much more practical and was wondering what would be a good upgrade and this was definitly my top choice. But I have a couple years until I can even get a bike LOL.

Then why ask this particular question now?
Old 12-20-2012, 04:59 AM   #8
MVista
Cyber SPOTTER

LOL - killer thread
Old 12-20-2012, 05:29 AM   #9
silentservice703

Send a message via AIM to silentservice703 Send a message via Yahoo to silentservice703 Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703

Isn't it though......and, it isn't alone.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:52 AM   #10
DeezF3
Established Member

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

I trained at a MSF class, got my license and jumped onto a 600 to practice not even for a year - few months.. the F3 is my first owned bike. I worked my a** off for this and its my dream bike. Not a lot of women my age can say that, and I still have a huge smile everytime I see it! Theres always going to be the "smart" way to start riding..some people have started as kids and worked their way up, others started at later ages. I had a spontaneous urge to learn to ride at 21 and felt this is something I've been needing in my life. I'm so happy and feel I have yet to master the art of riding, of course. It's obviously goin to take time, but the best thing to do is do your research and try sitting on each 250-300-600+ out there and you'll end up finding what's going to be the best match for you and your body to feel comfortable riding on. Honestly the kawi 600, and triumph 675 were going to be plan b if the F3 wasn't going to be mine for whatever reason. I'm very proud of my f3's performance and how me being a beginner rider can learn as I go with this machine. No matter what you choose, you're going to learn everything about it and feel more of a better rider as you actually go each time. One more thing, do not ride with any cockiness whatsoever lol, leave that sh** at home and get on it being humble and patient. I've had great support and I hope you will too! Be safe and goodluck !!!