Go Back   MVAgusta.net > General > General Talk
Register FAQ Members List

Old 05-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #181
Neal
Established Member

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGOSTINI View Post
Alright, I think I have it all now. Providing I am on an ultra tight track, have the right gearing, and ride well keeping my revs high, and the 1000cc rider is inept and has the wrong gearing, I should always prevail. Thankyou for sharing your profound insights and google based education.
Yah? I live in world where I am surrounded by overweight and out of shape people. Everyone knows all you have to do is eat healthy and exercise but no one does it. They spend their time in the doctor's office complaining about the price the medication and health care to support their unhealthy lifestyle.

Just like it is common knowledge that bike manufacturer purposely run bikes on a higher tooth setting than ideal for performance to make it easier to get passed EPA regulations. Still the majority of bikes still run stock settings.

Knowledge has no value unless you act on it.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #182
VaporMV

No MVs in the Registry

Back on topic. It seems that there may be some truth to the rumors. We all knew that it would arrive sooner or later (MV didn't add the 675 after the F3 for no reason) but it looks like sooner might be the winner. Looks like we will find out first week of June.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bike...0-tre-pistoni/

Last edited by VaporMV : 05-16-2013 at 08:35 PM.
VaporMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #183
MVF3_40

No MVs in the Registry

Dafuq is happening in here?

I've never seen so many silly arguments as happen in this bloody forum.

600's faster than 1000's, doctors, weight problems, gearing and all together too much torque.

You can't see it but I'm giving you a slow clap.

I though this site was for people to gather and like mv's together. Share some knowledge about the bikes and generally appreciate shit.

Apparently I am mistaken.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by MVF3_40 : 05-16-2013 at 08:39 PM.
MVF3_40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #184
ACT MV
Established Member

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

I like my mv and I don't care if a 1000cc bike is faster
Mine is better looking, and it's mine

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
ACT MV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:36 AM   #185
Wayneo

No MVs in the Registry

Well, what to do now? I was already waiting until summer to buy a 675 F3. Now I might have to save a bit more and get a 800. Decisions, decisions.
Wayneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:16 AM   #186
Rick GM

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayneo View Post
Well, what to do now? I was already waiting until summer to buy a 675 F3. Now I might have to save a bit more and get a 800. Decisions, decisions.
Don't really understand your logic or this thread. What makes you think that IF an 800 is turned out that it's gonna be any better than the 675. I guess if your gonna use it on track then OK (unless you subscribe to Neal's theory) but I would defy any road user to honestly say they use their 675 to its full potential on the highway, unless a) they don't want to keep their licence and b) don't want to live long. Following your logic no-one would ever buy a 600, 675 or 750 sports bike. Get a 675 and enjoy it, you'll not be disappointed.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:03 AM   #187
MV in NZ
Established Member

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

For what's it worth I have owned heaps of bikes and I yo-yo from 1000cc+ to 600s. But always I gravitate back to a circa 600 sized bike. Why, I think it's the pure enjoyment of USING a bikes potential.

IN 2005 I owned a new CBR1000RR and at the same time a new ZX636. Didn't take me long to decide to flick the Fireblade and keep the 636. Simply more fun and satisfaction.

I wont cry when the F3 800 arrives. After 9 months ownership I adore my 675 F3
Old 05-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #188
Wayneo

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick GM View Post
Don't really understand your logic or this thread. What makes you think that IF an 800 is turned out that it's gonna be any better than the 675. I guess if your gonna use it on track then OK (unless you subscribe to Neal's theory) but I would defy any road user to honestly say they use their 675 to its full potential on the highway, unless a) they don't want to keep their licence and b) don't want to live long. Following your logic no-one would ever buy a 600, 675 or 750 sports bike. Get a 675 and enjoy it, you'll not be disappointed.
If they do make an 800cc version of the F3 it will have more mid range torque which might make it a better road bike. I agree no one can ride any modern sports bike on the road at its full potential. I have already test ridden the 675 for the best part of 200km's. I did think it could do with more grunt when riding in top gear at 100kph.

Also if all these guys are worried about getting past by bigger bikes at track days (fun days) then they should go to actual race days where all bikes are put in the correct class. Eg; Superstock 600. There's a reason a F3 is 675cc's, and it's not to compete with 1000cc bikes at track days.
Wayneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #189
Neal
Established Member

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayneo View Post
You should definitely wait for the 800. Then when the 800 comes out don't get it because probable a 1050 triple will come out in the future. So you should wait, then wait some more and after that just wait again. Eventually you will just grow old and not be able to ride motorcycles anymore and the whole decision making process will be bypassed.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #190
GREGOSTINI

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
You should definitely wait for the 800. Then when the 800 comes out don't get it because probable a 1050 triple will come out in the future. So you should wait, then wait some more and after that just wait again. Eventually you will just grow old and not be able to ride motorcycles anymore and the whole decision making process will be bypassed.
I'll pay that one Neal. That was funny.