Attached Images

BG Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #2
rz33v4

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Not a big surprise, but for those of us who have bought an F3 675 there is another approach that can be used to make our bikes more competitive - change out components. I'm planning a major weight loss program focusing on rotating parts first as well as suspension upgrades.
rz33v4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
MV-Woodster

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000]

Ah back to there old tricks ay bore the hell out the engine causing lots of problems then this should be Interesting
Old 12-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #4
corran

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Dammit!!!!!

2013 MV Agusta F3

Recent Bikes
Ducati Monster
Kawasaki Z1000
Suzuki GXR 750
Triumph Daytona 675
2012 Ducati 848

I'm not a bad ass, but I play one on Facebook.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
esq'z me

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me

Woodster, they're stroking it !!! The Brutale version already revealed and tested.
'08 910R, '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike, YSR50 restoration project, '71 CB100
esq'z me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #6
MV-Woodster

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000]

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Woodster, they're stroking it !!! The Brutale version already revealed and tested.
Oooohhhhhh let's see what happens here then ay guys
Old 12-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #7
Stephen W.

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

I donít get it. What am I missing?
Designing an all new middle weight sports bike to go head to head with the likes of the Triumph 675 made perfect sense. Using that platform to launch the MV Agusta brand into world Super Sports racing, brilliant! Then, to extend the Brutale line by making a naked, detuned version of this new triple, shear genius.
Stroking the engine to gain some grunt and designing the new Rivale to fit into a category that MV had no offering until now, well... interesting, I suppose. Although, Iím not sure of the wisdom of such a move given the technical, production and financial strain a new model puts on company. Especially one as small as MV Agusta.
BUT, to announce an 800 Brutale when many markets have yet to see their first 675 B3ís? I say, STUPIDO!
And now to talk about an 800cc F3, total lunacy.
Bumping the original 750 F4 up to 1000 was a necessity. Most other manufactures had seen the 600 middle weights make the 750 market near obsolete. Whereís the 800cc market that a new F3 would sell to? I mean really, Iím a die-hard Ducatista and I passed on the 848 Corse Evo in favour of the 675 F3.
The manufactures are the ones who came up with the slogan, ďWin on Sunday, Sell on Monday!Ē So, are there changes coming to the racing classes that I am not aware of? Is the 750 superbike making a comeback?
Smaller displacement motorcycles are going to become more important in the coming years. Even Harley Davidson have announced they will soon be building a 400 or 500cc V twin in India. Here in Canada the 250cc market has just exploded in recent years due to rising insurance rates for young riders and fuel costs for all.
No, I just donít see it.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

Stephen W. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
iBike

MV in the Registry:
[1090R]

[quote= I mean really, I’m a die-hard Ducatista and I passed on the 848 Corse Evo in favour of the 675 F3.[/QUOTE]

I'm convinced that you guy's who bought the F3 675 find it hard to read about this bike. I would not be glad either!
Almost extact the same thing overhere. Ordered a 1090R 3 weeks ago. My bike is allready in at the dealer and getting delivered within 2 weeks. This past weekend the dealer had an openhouse where i've picked up rumors about MV is thinking/planning of making their top Brutales 1050cc 3-cilinders. Where does that leave me? I wouldn't be surprised that MV's new big Superbike to be a 3-cilinder too! It"s their heritage, same as Ducati is playing for years with their desmo V-Twins...

As for this new bike (within 2 years, probably)...
I for one find it a very wise step to take. They know what that engine can and can't do. If they can get 125hp out of the B3 800 then 145hp will be realistic for the F3 800. Look at Suzuki with their GSX-R600 - 750 - 1000. The cost of making the 750 is less to nothing. The research is done on the 600. Just a bored out engine in it (750cc), and done!
I don't know but many Suzuki-lovers say it's the best GSX-R.

I sold my 1098 for an 848 when it came available and i can tell you it was the very best Ducati i have ever owned! And i've owned a few. That bike was awesome, light, powerful (enough), smooth and couldn't be beat by any other Ducati superbike on twisty roads and numberous tracks! If you are a die-hard Ducatista then you know that. So why should this be a 'wrong' move from MV? Imagine your F3 upgraded with 20hp and a bunch of torque. Added to what it has now.

Yes, i see it!

Last edited by iBike : 12-19-2012 at 02:36 PM.
iBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #9
cristogrr

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

15000rpm is not possible with the 800, a wider power band is better for track, a short one for roads...
Coming from a big twin , it's amazing! not time to follow the rev's on dash (shame the shift light is not movable like aprilia's).
cheers
cristogrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
ondgas

No MVs in the Registry

Send a message via AIM to ondgas

I think its great that mv will be offering so many bikes to choose from. Good for them. Great for all those new customers they will get that goose bump feeling that I got when I picked up mine.
ondgas is offline   Reply With Quote