|
|

Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > F4 - 1st Gen. 1998-2009
Register FAQ Members List

Old 12-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
Jake318

Default Pre season testing ?

Has anyone heard about 2013 pre season testing times for the F4 312R in BSB? I am hoping that MV hired a rider with some dirt tracking experiance. Even though MV Engineers have done an impressive job working/ massaging the F4s older tech hemi heads extruding competitive power in super stock and super sport level . The V-4 Of the Aprilia RSV4 and inline 4s of the BMW S1000RR and Kawasaki ZX10R are running a modern Pentroof design that breath better and allow higher RPMs . Ultimately at the WSBK/BSB racing level the older MV design will be down on power . This is where You want the rider that has a dirt track back round who is used to over riding a heavier high powered machine at high speeds .

AS FOR THE F3 RUNNING IN WSS. LOOK OUT JAPAN, THE MV F3 IS DESIGNED USING THE LATEST CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY AND IS A GENUINE CONTENDER FOR THE 2013 WSS TITLE .
Jake318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
jomarti1

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

wt....????
jomarti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #3
kieran323

MV in the Registry:
[F4S 750]

Um, last time I checked MV don't use a Hemi head (it is a Pentroof they are using isn't it?). They don't seem to have too much difficulty extracting 200 odd 4 legged things out of the F4 so I'm not too sure where you are coming from.

I'm also pretty sure they were going to be using the MY2013 F4 Corsacorta rather than the 312R.

I could be wrong too........
"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life" #58
kieran323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:44 AM   #4
Velocemoto

No MVs in the Registry

Jake,
Last I heard, from a mate who knows one of the team mechanics, is that MV are trying to fit turbo encabulators to the F4 engine...cutting edge technology indeed.

This, by all accounts, is causing major thermo conductive issues...the sperving bearings don't seem to harmonize with the radial valve set up the F4...time will tell

Watch the vid...might give you more of an insight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLDgQg6bq7o
Old 12-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
kieran323

MV in the Registry:
[F4S 750]

Lmao, we'll written
"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life" #58
kieran323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #6
sqd8r

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake318 View Post
Has anyone heard about 2013 pre season testing times for the F4 312R in BSB? I am hoping that MV hired a rider with some dirt tracking experiance. Even though MV Engineers have done an impressive job working/ massaging the F4s older tech hemi heads extruding competitive power in super stock and super sport level . The V-4 Of the Aprilia RSV4 and inline 4s of the BMW S1000RR and Kawasaki ZX10R are running a modern Pentroof design that breath better and allow higher RPMs . Ultimately at the WSBK/BSB racing level the older MV design will be down on power . This is where You want the rider that has a dirt track back round who is used to over riding a heavier high powered machine at high speeds .

AS FOR THE F3 RUNNING IN WSS. LOOK OUT JAPAN, THE MV F3 IS DESIGNED USING THE LATEST CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY AND IS A GENUINE CONTENDER FOR THE 2013 WSS TITLE .
Looks like someone's been hitting the eggnog a wee bit too hard.
sqd8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #7
theknurl

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqd8r View Post
Looks like someone's been hitting the eggnog a wee bit too hard.
+10 he drained the bowl

The Forum Curmudgeon
i'm not PC either

ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
email, PayPal; theknurl@yahoo.com
Skype; theknurl
theknurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #8
FinnishFlash83

No MVs in the Registry

This is "pre-season testing" in Finland. Picture was taken today at ~17.00.

Few more months of waiting until next ride..
FinnishFlash83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #9
Jake318

HITTING THE EGG NOG ??? Wheres your team spirit? Its Possible for a F4 to get a podium finish or two in BSB.Dont forget in motorcycle racing unlike auto racing the rider can make up for the machines short commings. I remember kevin Schwantz Suzuki being 12mph down in the trap speeds and winning races.
Maybe this kid will have his best year ever as a rider?
As far as the F3 in WSS . Yes its the bikes first year in competition but the Park N Go Team did wonders with the triumph 675 triple and the triumphs engine wasnt designed to be a race unit as MV Agustas F3 675 was designed for competition from its inception on the blue printing table.
OK, I MIGHT be looking through rose colored glasses a bit LOL But its fun to cheer for the underdog .

BTW Unrelated question: I see some people listing all the bikes they have in there stable. How did they do that? thank you for your help in the matter. Jake

Last edited by Jake318 : 12-17-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #10
Jake318

Velocemoto tell your mate if he doesnt use titanium intake turbines(ceramic bearings are a must with the high RPM needed in race conditions) the piston return springs will bind. Wise ass LOL

Kieran The F3 is using a pentroof type head but the F4 uses a Hemi (domed/round) type head
Personally I love the F4 engine. Great sound thats unique to its type. Great power with good bottom end. Better than a buddies new Kawasaki ZX10R. I was surprised when running nose to nose with his ZX10R The F4 312R would pull away comming off low speed corners(40-50mph)

I am very curious to see how much the bottom end was effected shortening the stroke on the F4RR.
I have yet to ride one or even see one perform on the street or track.

Last edited by Jake318 : 12-17-2012 at 02:33 PM.