|

Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > F3
Register FAQ Members List

Old 12-08-2012, 11:52 PM   #1
SKUR

No MVs in the Registry

Default a couple issues.

Yesterday I tried starting up my bike. It cranked over a few times then I heard a "PACK" sound then it stopped cranking. I tried again and it started like usual.

Today I took off from a stop, shifted into 2nd using the clutch, then shifted into 3rd using the QS at around 7-8K as I usually do. I hear a "PACK" and a quick grinding noise and find myself in a false neutral between 2nd and 3rd. I pull in the clutch and upshift to 3rd. I checked to see if maybe I miss shifted and no I didn't. It definately happened between 2nd and 3rd.

I also really noticed the feuling issues that everyone refers to while riding with a slower group today. It leaves the bike feeling very twitchy and unpredictable. I don't usually notice it since I accelerate quicker when by myself.

I will be calling my dealer about this but has anyone experienced these problems? Hearing loud "PACK" noises coming from my bike is not very reassuring...
SKUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #2
silentservice703

Send a message via AIM to silentservice703 Send a message via Yahoo to silentservice703 Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703

Well, I suppose it is telling you to go for a long ride. Now, if it said UNPACK I'd get off it immediately!!

I really don't have a clue. From where did the noise emanate?
Old 12-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
SKUR

No MVs in the Registry

That's the best way that I can describe the noise. It happens quickly and unexpectedly so I don't have the time to figure out where it's coming from.

Before I got the bike I thought it was going to be awesome owning one. But with these issues I find myself feeling uncomfortable while on the bike, never knowing what's going to happen. When I owned my 2001 R6 I was comfortable when riding since the bike was so predictable. While the F3 is much more enjoyable at high speed turns, the predictablility and reliability is just not there for me. I would like this to change and hopefully it will...

Last edited by SKUR : 12-09-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
silentservice703

Send a message via AIM to silentservice703 Send a message via Yahoo to silentservice703 Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703

Hmmm, sounds like it's trying to shift into a gear...or fall into one. Perhaps a shift fork spring issue?
Old 12-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #5
Beauwulf675

No MVs in the Registry

I wouldn't worry too much about the first sound. It was probably just a starter clutch releasing after a failed start. It might be a little sticky yet. Needs to breakin like everything else.

The shifting issue comes from shifting at too low an RPM. The QS is designed for max accel shifts and is timed for that. When you attempt it at lower RPMs it can miss the "kill" window and the trans will not have time to complete the shift. I advise using the clutch below 10-11K RPMs.
Beauwulf675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #6
SKUR

No MVs in the Registry

Thank you for the advise. I hope this will solve my concerns. It's a great bike. Handling at speed (above 6K) is great! Styling and attention from it is amazing! I would just like to feel at ease with these other things that get me worried so I can be 100% pleased with this bike.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:41 PM   #7
MVF3_40

No MVs in the Registry

Is there an accompanying burst of exhaust gas with the 'pack'.

It doesn't sound like it's your problem, but ignition post exhaust valve from a malfunctioning injector makes a 'pack' noise too.

B.wolf is prolly right.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com App
MVF3_40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #8
SKUR

No MVs in the Registry

No exhaust gas. Just the noise then nothing.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #9
sonnythebull
Established Member

No MVs in the Registry

If it says FUDGE after PACK...look out
sonnythebull is offline   Reply With Quote