|

Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > F4 - 1st Gen. 1998-2009
Register FAQ Members List

Old 12-01-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
Claudius

No MVs in the Registry

Default Looking for your advice

I have been trolling these forums for a while now and i really want to own my dream bike an Meccanica Verghera Agusta. I saw MY 2013 F4RR (got a short stroke after seeing the video) and after calculating the value of my liver lung and kidney i have decided to buy one. But the problem is that i have only driven a Suzuki gsxr 600 and a Ducati 998 up until now and i`m not an experiecend driver by any means.My question is will the bike kill me or can i just get the grip with it and drive a little slowly at first until i learn a bit more..... It`s been over an year since i last rode a bike.I know there are other models such as the f4 and f4r etc..or even second-hand Agustas but i would love to own my FIRST MV BRAND NEW....but i just love the RR perhaps because is the top range i don`t know. I`m not a begginer at riding bikes i`ve been riding for a couple of years (i`m 28). I would also like to mention that i can`t ride all the time because of my job i`m in the military. I will stop the burning wall of text here. Any advice on the metter would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by Claudius : 12-02-2012 at 01:15 AM.
Claudius is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 07:54 AM   #2
silentservice703

Send a message via AIM to silentservice703 Send a message via Yahoo to silentservice703 Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703

Just like with everything else that is essentially new...go slow to start...get used to it...go big. You'll be fine.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
Ian SAVS

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS

If you've ridden a Duc 998 V twin before, then you probably know some throttle control. You should be fine on the MV. Take Silent's advice, and take it slow at first. Be sure to get the feel of the brakes. As with anything you need to find a comfort level and feel of it before you start ripping it up.

BTW, If you need someone to take care of it whilst your deployed, just send me a PM and I will arrange a space in my garage for it

Welcome to the Board
Old 12-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #4
PePe
Established Member

None of the current MVs are for novices. However, if you have a couple of years of experience with a gsxr 600 and a Ducati, you probably have the basic skills and the necessary coordination with throttle and other controls. If so,the chances are you`ll be doing fine with a F3. Of course provided you have done a reasonable amount of km`s/miles with your earlier bikes.
Due to its lower weight and smaller size it is easier to get adapted to a F3 than the bigger and heavier models. But still better take it easy in the beginning !
PePe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
haupti

I'm not sure for what You are looking for. There is still no F3RR on the market. So I guess it is a typo and You are looking for a F4RR, right. +1 to all the advise You got so far. You will get comfortable on it and You will develop Your skills with the time. Just do not anything stupid and calculate with the unexpected. Never go 100% of Your abilities on public roads. Leave always room to react and correct Your line if the there is a truck parking behind the next bend. Anticipate the errors others are committing on the road. The F4 is in deed a fine handling and riding machine.
haupti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:22 AM   #6
Claudius

No MVs in the Registry

Yes indeed i meant to say F4 RR i edited my post.....thank you for your advices everyone.I will take it easy,i was just wondering about the way it feels,becausei think it will feel more like a Suzuki (i know it`s blasphemy) then a Duc (blasphemy again) because it revs higher....
I never go 100% retard on a bike especially on liter bike such as the RR
Old 12-02-2012, 04:19 AM   #7
PP1098

Forget the 998 in terms of the engine delivery- perhaps the seat and position is similar. Imagine the gsxr with another 80+ hp. And weight is focused on the front.
Which engine you prefer, v twin or inline 4? If yr answer is vtwin you are looking at the wrong bike..
PP1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:19 AM   #8
Claudius

No MVs in the Registry

I am not that advanced in knowing the diferrence betwen v twin and inline 4 i mean i know th4 liners have a higher rev and power delivery is usually at the top end but the thing is i want this bike for the beauty and the heritage not necessarily for bleeding edge performance (wich i`m sure it does not lack).Also the new Panigale with the new engine has ditched low torque for a higher rpm.The only thing is the sound...i love the sound of the Ducati and i never heard and mv f4rr in real life (and i don`t think youtube is doing this bike justice).If anybody can tell me if it sounds like the Japanesse inliners...?? I would apreciate that
Old 12-02-2012, 06:26 AM   #9
silentservice703

Send a message via AIM to silentservice703 Send a message via Yahoo to silentservice703 Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703

HI Claudius....It doesn't sound anything like the Jap inline fours. The F4 sound also varies by model a bit with the 1078 being lower in tone and the CC being positively angry and low. The bike will absolutely wail at high rpm.

I have ridden Ducati, and I still own a couple of them, and my S4Rs has the 999 motor. The Duc pulls straight and strong from on low . The F4 starts docile enough, albeit a bit rough below 4000 rpm, and really starts to come on at 6000 rpm on up.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #10
Claudius

No MVs in the Registry

Thank you for the info regarding the 'soundtrack'. That was my biggest fear about this bike..as for the torque i know Ducs pull hard from the get go...not the new one tough.