Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > Classic
Register FAQ Members List

Old 11-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
Dezmo916SP

No MVs in the Registry

Default Chance Opportunity

Hello,
First off, I'm new here. I currently own 3 bikes from 3 different countries. My newest bike is a 2012 HD Softail Deluxe, Then 1995 Ducati 916SP (3,300KM original) and a 1973 Triumph Bonneville 750. I recently had a great opportunity to buy a 1959 MV Agusta 150 for 1800 euro or maybe even less. I have not seen the bike yet but I have been told by a local collector that the bike is considered a "Preservation" as it is 100% original and in running condition. I have not seen the bike yet but I will go check it out early next week. I only have this opportunity because the collector's wife said she would slit his throat side to side twice if he bought another bike. Since I'll be moving back to the states next year I was wondering what do these classic bikes sell for in the US? Not that I would sell it but I'm curious. I wouldn't think there would be that many of them in the states.
Thanks,
Josh
Dezmo916SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #2
Snake_EYES

Welcome to the forums. First off, I am sorry you own a Harley. LOL. I had too...

There are not many collectors of classic MV's, and the ones that do, are very savvy to the prices. But, like most classic motorcycles, they are again a niche market and prices are usually lower then you would expect. Restoring one will usually end up in you spending more than the bike is worth to the next man.

What you are talking about, I have seen for in the $3000-$3500 area, restored. I have been hunting for a specific one myself, so I somewhat know the market in that CC range. It sounds like you are more interested in turning a profit from your purchase.

If you are genuinely interested in keeping it and being an MV owner, fantastic, great find. You would be hard pressed to make any money on reselling an older MV. They are like classic dirt bikes, only the original owner would love them..
Old 12-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
Sheriffof0

I'd say €1,800 for a half-way decent 50s MV is a pretty fair price to be asked for but as always, the devil is in the detail. If it's anywhere near as good as claimed you'll have yourself a bargain!!
Sheriffof0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
haupti

I would say You never get cheaper into the MV Agusta world. And if it is really as good as claimed You simply hit the jack pot as Sheriffo said.
haupti is online now   Reply With Quote