# Slipper Clutch and Air filter - MVAgusta.net
log in
|
|


Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > F3
Register FAQ Members List
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
PTsalas
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

 
PTsalas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 545
Default Slipper Clutch and Air filter

Hey Guys,

I'm shopping around for a slipper clutch for my F3,

any idea which one I should be considering? The ones I found are

the TSS one and the Sigma unit.

http://www.designcorse.co.uk/F3_B675_Slipper_Clutches

How difficult is it to install myself and do I need to get any special tools etc?


With regards to the air filter:
I'm looking at a MWR foam air filter, can I expect any difference in performance with this over the normal stock unit? I've been riding dirt bikes quite alot and do like the idea of a foam air filter. I take it I can use any foam air filter oil (I know they recommend only MWR oil)?

http://www.designcorse.co.uk/F3_Airf...MWR_Air_Filter


Do I have to do anything to the fueling afterwards?

Thanks!
PTsalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
GREGOSTINI
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

 
GREGOSTINI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 563
Default MWR airfilter

Just got my MWR filter in the post, hopefully will get time for before and after dyno runs next week, will post here.
GREGOSTINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
tripletripletriple
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

 
tripletripletriple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Victoria BC, Canada
Posts: 535
Default

http://www.e-securedsite.com/gutsype...Vigna%20Racing


Another option.....


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
__________________
2013 MV Agusta F3
2009 Triumph Street Triple R
tripletripletriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:43 AM   #4
Donsy
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

 
Donsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 14,440
Send a message via Skype™ to Donsy
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTsalas View Post
Hey Guys,

I'm shopping around for a slipper clutch for my F3,

any idea which one I should be considering? The ones I found are

the TSS one and the Sigma unit.

http://www.designcorse.co.uk/F3_B675_Slipper_Clutches

How difficult is it to install myself and do I need to get any special tools etc?


With regards to the air filter:
I'm looking at a MWR foam air filter, can I expect any difference in performance with this over the normal stock unit? I've been riding dirt bikes quite alot and do like the idea of a foam air filter. I take it I can use any foam air filter oil (I know they recommend only MWR oil)?

http://www.designcorse.co.uk/F3_Airf...MWR_Air_Filter

Do I have to do anything to the fueling afterwards?

Thanks!
I am only familiar with the TSS, but I don't think it makes a difference at this stage. The airfilter is good too, but make sure you have a workshop manual before you attempt working on the bike.
__________________
Dons Nel

Mobile - 0438385776 in Australia
eMail me - donsy@teamdouble3racing.com or teamdouble3@bigpond.com [PayPal]
Web - http://www.teamdouble3racing.com/aboutus.php
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...53264738050813
Donsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:44 AM   #5
Donsy
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

 
Donsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 14,440
Send a message via Skype™ to Donsy
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGOSTINI View Post
Just got my MWR filter in the post, hopefully will get time for before and after dyno runs next week, will post here.
Cool man, let us know what you get please.
__________________
Dons Nel

Mobile - 0438385776 in Australia
eMail me - donsy@teamdouble3racing.com or teamdouble3@bigpond.com [PayPal]
Web - http://www.teamdouble3racing.com/aboutus.php
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...53264738050813
Donsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:34 AM   #6
Donsy
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

 
Donsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 14,440
Send a message via Skype™ to Donsy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
I am only familiar with the TSS, but I don't think it makes a difference at this stage. The airfilter is good too, but make sure you have a workshop manual before you attempt working on the bike.
Also check with Al if they can get the latest MWR air-filter, it looks pretty trick.
__________________
Dons Nel

Mobile - 0438385776 in Australia
eMail me - donsy@teamdouble3racing.com or teamdouble3@bigpond.com [PayPal]
Web - http://www.teamdouble3racing.com/aboutus.php
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...53264738050813
Donsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:11 AM   #7
MVF3_40
Senior Member

No MVs in the Registry

 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 609
Default

Keen to hear your experience fitting and riding a slipper clutch.

Have you encountered the clutch judder on aggressive (race) launches?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com App
MVF3_40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #8
GREGOSTINI
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

 
GREGOSTINI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 563
Default MWR filters

Fitted filters and ran on dyno today, not a huge improvement but still a couple of HP at various point on the graph, also did the first few runs with the different maps.
Attached Images
   
Attached Images
File Type: pdf IMG_0001.pdf (653.9 KB, 135 views)

Last edited by GREGOSTINI : 12-07-2012 at 09:50 AM.
GREGOSTINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #9
ondgas
Senior Member

No MVs in the Registry

 
ondgas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: lynchburg Va
Posts: 570
Send a message via AIM to ondgas
Default

What were the dyno numbers bro? You cant post a statement saying you did dyno runs and not tell us before and after numbers. Come on man. Lol. Waiting patiently. ......
ondgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #10
GREGOSTINI
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

 
GREGOSTINI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ondgas View Post
What were the dyno numbers bro? You cant post a statement saying you did dyno runs and not tell us before and after numbers. Come on man. Lol. Waiting patiently. ......
Just click on the attached pdf file.
GREGOSTINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.