Register FAQ Members List

Old 11-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
luizfto
Established Member

MV in the Registry:
[F4 MY2010+]

Send a message via Skype™ to luizfto
Default F4 MY10 Horn

Horns are not a so important iten in sportbikes, however they are an important safety one when filtering in traffic jans or allerting cell phone users/ drivers.

The OEM one fitted to my F4 MY10 sounds like the one from a chinese scooter.

Anyone fitted a louder and better sounding horn like the Stebel Nautilus Compact Tuning to an F4?Phisical space is not very large and what about electrical supply and or CAN bus interface?

Last edited by luizfto : 11-29-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: english language correction
luizfto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
Gitano
Established Member

No MVs in the Registry

I have a Screaming Banshee on order (the new Plug & Play version) which seems to be the ticket for this. It is a Stebel-like air horn, but it is designed with a controller relay that fits right in with the stock horn, so you don't need to bypass it. If you tap the horn button, you get the stock horn activated. However, if you hold the button (still under a fraction of a second) it will activate the air horn too. You also have the option of integrating the system with your headlight so it flashes the high beam for a little extra attention. I have not received it yet and therefore do not have direct experience with this system, but check out the information and the videos on their web site. I have searched for some time for a good horn system to use on my bikes and small car, and this seems to be the best thing out there in terms of functionality:

http://screaming-banshee.com/

Just a clarification, the new Plug & Play Screamer system from this company is not an air horn, but still produces a blast of 120+ dB measured at 1 meter.

Last edited by Gitano : 11-30-2012 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Clarification
Gitano is offline   Reply With Quote