|

Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > F3
Register FAQ Members List

Old 11-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
VaporMV

No MVs in the Registry

Default New Comparison Test at Motorcycle USA

Comparison test of Daytona 675R, GSXR750, and F3. I won't spoil the article but I will say that the F3 pumped out 119HP! This little engine is one powerful bugger!

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/9/1493...-Shootout.aspx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
rz33v4

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

The test results parallel most others - the F3 excels in looks, sounds, cornering and top end power, but loses out in suspension, head shake on the track and initial throttle control. Nothing they said would make me question my purchase decision. I intend to fix the problem areas.
rz33v4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
MihaSLO

Hm, they compare it to Suzuki 750? Why? Why not 600? And they say it's 6hp down on power compared to Suzuki. Well, you have to be a bloody genius to figure that one out eh?

It doesn't make any sense at all since it can't compete in Supersport class.

I don't think these guys know what the Middleweight class is.
MihaSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #4
MV in NZ
Established Member

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

What! They said you have to stop the bike to change Power modes!

As other said, I don't care how good or powerful a bike is, if it's ugly I don't want to touch it. I want to be proud and ENJOY owning my bike, something the F3 does in spades. That's never going to happen with any of the current Jap 600s

And what's with their poor standing 1/4m of 11.4 or something. I got 10.9 in the wet at a professionally measured event.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #5
Turbo329

No MVs in the Registry

I thought the comparison was pretty good. The MV fared well and I'm quite surpised at how powerful it is. ...and it even lapped faster than the Gixxer by a second or so which is outstanding.

The GSX-R750 is ..... well it's the GSX-R750. Arguably the most balanced bike in the history of production motorcycles. With set up suspension I don't think it would have been as close as it was.

At the end of the day, the MV is a very respectable piece of kit.

It's just too darn small.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #6
ondgas

No MVs in the Registry

Send a message via AIM to ondgas

I have owned a couple 750's. They are great bikes right out the box. Handling and power delivery is great. Its only down fall is the fact that its a me two bike. The world is full of them. And while all are probably proudly owned they fall in value rapidly. I love my "LITTLE" f3. It is more flickable due to its size. Makes gobs of torque of the corner. Handles equally aswell and has jaw dropping looks. Not to mention i have only seen 8 mv agusta's in my life on the road. Encluding the two i own. As with the hands of time a younger balls to the wall and broke Jet would have (which i did) scooped up a 750 in a second. A lil age a lil cash and a lil girl Jet.....well thats when my lust for MV stopped and ownership began. Oh just for shits and giggles .My 06. 750 with a full pipe air filter, velocity stacks, power commander and cams put 134 ponys to the ground. If its true that im getting 118ish out my f3 out the box im smiling big time. Its true competition is the 600 class. Thats around 109 ish stock and has less torque.
ondgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:43 AM   #7
idahomike
Established Member

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Send a message via Skype™ to idahomike

I wonder how early in the production run the test bike was? From Waheed's comment on p.5, it sounds like the test was before U.S. deliveries had begun. If that was so, then their comments regarding fueling and throttle issues are not applicable to the latest deliveries and the F3 could have really been the number 1 super sport (I don't believe that the 750 belongs in that comparison) overall.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:22 AM   #8
rz33v4

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

The 750 belonged in that comparison as much as the 675s - none fit an established displacement category. The Ducati 848 should have been there as well. The bigger question, for me, is whether a prospective buyer for a European bike would even cross-shop the Suzuki. I would not.
rz33v4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #9
idahomike
Established Member

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Send a message via Skype™ to idahomike

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz33v4 View Post
The 750 belonged in that comparison as much as the 675s - none fit an established displacement category. The Ducati 848 should have been there as well. The bigger question, for me, is whether a prospective buyer for a European bike would even cross-shop the Suzuki. I would not.
I agree with you on the 848, but not on the 750. It is not allowed equipment in FIM Supersport, AMA Supersport/Daytona Sportbike, or Isle of Man Supersport unlike the 675's and the 848 (yes, I know the F3 is not homologated yet, but I'm sure it will be). This comparison had a lot of on-track work, so from a competition standpoint, only the 750 didn't fit - but then, since the 1000 cc class emerged, it doesn't fit anywhere - hmmm, from that perspective, I've talked myself into agreeing with you after all that there is no other place to look at the 750's performance. Comparing with the 675's, though, only makes sense to me from a "bang-for-the-buck" point of view, not head-to-head performance as this article did.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #10
ondgas

No MVs in the Registry

Send a message via AIM to ondgas

I agree idahomike. Back in the day the 750 was the premier class. I also owned a kawasaki ninja 750. That bike was also a blast and was the latest greatest ride. Mine was a 1994 model. Yamaha had a brief...really brief run with there R7. They made so few of them bikes that if you can actually find one you will pay a small fortune for it. Last one i seen the owner wanted 40, 000 for it. He got it. Suzuki has stuck with the middle weight through time. And rightfully so. People still buy them everyday. But no rules will ever change in FIM Or club racing that will allow it to grid up in the 600 class. I would love to see the other manufactures bring them back.
ondgas is offline   Reply With Quote