|
|

Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Speed > Racing
Register FAQ Members List

Old 11-23-2012, 02:13 AM   #1
adecritten

No MVs in the Registry

Thumbs up Its officially Scassa for the F3!!

I have known this for a few days now but was asked not to say anything. Anyhow the cat is now out of the bag and I'm very pleased to read that all I was told is true.

Luca Scassa will be riding the MV Agusta F3 in supersport in 2013. for ParkinGO :-

http://www.infullgear.com/blog/21977...-parkingo.html

Its not what you know in life!!
adecritten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 03:17 AM   #2
iBike

MV in the Registry:
[1090R]

http://www.crash.net/world+superspor...r_wss_bid.html
iBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:51 AM   #3
JerseyBrut

Good to see him back in the MV fold. I rate Scassa as a rider he has the experience and knowledge of the World Supersport championship and the team knows what sucess feels like.

I wish him and the team well for 2013.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:24 AM   #4
mikef4uk

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Quote:
Originally Posted by adecritten View Post
I have known this for a few days now but was asked not to say anything. Anyhow the cat is now out of the bag and I'm very pleased to read that all I was told is true.

Luca Scassa will be riding the MV Agusta F3 in supersport in 2013. for ParkinGO :-

http://www.infullgear.com/blog/21977...-parkingo.html

Its not what you know in life!!
I picked up similar from Milan, he was on and off and in and out of the 'restricted area' on the MV stand too much for just a visit

Also interesting is this quote:

Penning a three-year agreement with the Italian outfit, which is rumoured to include a possible move into the World Superbike Championship from 2014,

Now in my opinion the current F4 would not be competetive at that level, so, I wonder if they plan on 'adding' another cylinder to the F4

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now

Last edited by mikef4uk : 11-23-2012 at 04:29 AM.
mikef4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
The_castle

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle

Time will tell, Mike. Personally, I don't have a crystal ball large enough to predict the outcome.
I'm sure that you've followed the fortunes of Yamaha, BMW and now Aprilia with interest over these past few years because you've owned each of these manufacturers 1000cc sportsbikes in relatively quick succession. Now it's our turn. We have a horse in the race. And it's a beauty.
On this forum you'll recall that some members have pointed out MV's lack of presence on the world's racing tracks and stating that MV are resting on their 37 laurels.
Well, in 2013 MV Agusta & their sponsors are putting bikes on a grid in one of the most hotly contested bike championships out there. Personally, I'm thrilled. The doubters said: "I'll believe it when I see it".
Others wished they would race again.

Give 'em hell boys and thank you for carrying on the racing legacy of, in my opinion, the most prestigious motorcycle manufacturer in history.
Dave.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:56 PM   #6
mikef4uk

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_castle View Post
Time will tell, Mike. Personally, I don't have a crystal ball large enough to predict the outcome.
I'm sure that you've followed the fortunes of Yamaha, BMW and now Aprilia with interest over these past few years because you've owned each of these manufacturers 1000cc sportsbikes in relatively quick succession. Now it's our turn. We have a horse in the race. And it's a beauty.
Dave.
I follow my own interests in racing Dave no matter which Bike I own, I would love to see MV back at the sharp end, there is a real and logical reason why the team has decided to run the F3 with Scassa

I think the F3 will show very well, it is a modern high tech motor and chassis set up, I like the idea of contra rotating crankshaft etc.

I hope they apply the same technology to the F4 and come out with another high tech stunner that could not only compete in WSB but win as well

Is this an Aprilia piss take? it's on next years RSV4
Attached Images

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now

Last edited by mikef4uk : 11-23-2012 at 07:21 PM.
mikef4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
R1andrew

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Give them hell Scassa. Hoping for some wins this season.
R1andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:58 AM   #8
The_castle

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle

I know you'll be watching this next year Mike & I know you wish them well.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #9
Ian SAVS

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_castle View Post
On this forum you'll recall that some members have pointed out MV's lack of presence on the world's racing tracks and stating that MV are resting on their 37 laurels.
Well, in 2013 MV Agusta & their sponsors are putting bikes on a grid in one of the most hotly contested bike championships out there. Personally, I'm thrilled. The doubters said: "I'll believe it when I see it".
Others wished they would race again.

Give 'em hell boys and thank you for carrying on the racing legacy of, in my opinion, the most prestigious motorcycle manufacturer in history.
Dave.
HELL YEAH!!! LET'S DO IT!!!! I will be great to see the MV marque on the track again! big +1 here Dave!
Old 11-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #10
farl
Established Member

MV in the Registry:
[F4 MY2010+]

Like this...

farl is offline   Reply With Quote