Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2012, 02:22 AM   #1
Donsy
Senior Member or Something

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Send a message via Skype™ to Donsy
Default What's Rossi aiming for in 2013

I stole this from another site, modified it a bit, as I do with all things.
Have a pick and be man enough to tell us why you think so.
Try not to be too narrow minded.

Mobile - 0438385776 in Australia
eMail me - donsy@teamdouble3racing.com or teamdouble3@bigpond.com [PayPal]
Web - http://www.teamdouble3racing.com/aboutus.php
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...53264738050813

Last edited by Donsy : 11-22-2012 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Bloody oath me spelling is terrible, should be "wish".
Donsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 03:38 AM   #2
MRT

Rossi will be aiming for the championship for sure, all of the factory riders will be.

The Doctor has a lot to prove again now, it will be interesting to see if he can mix it with Lorenzo and Pedrosa. I wish Casey was still in the mix....
MRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:57 AM   #3
MVista
Cyber SPOTTER

I think he will be aiming for the title (and voted that way) but will have his work cut out - Lin Jarvis Yamaha boss who comes across as a douche bag (although I have never met him) did say upon Rossi's signing that Lorenzo was the focus for the title this year (2012) and would be in the future. If that is not sending Rossi a public message before he even starts I don't know what is - 9 times world champion - why would he lower himself to this? Is what I ask. I would have preferred to him continue with Ducati - maybe the Audi bucks could have made the difference. Either way, he wouldn't have to have been someone's bitch!

I, like Matty, still wish Stoner was in the mix (not my fav person) but By f%^K could he ride or what!!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 07:10 AM   #4
Randarosa
Big Randaddy

Rob, is Valentino your brother? Two ugly men.......
910R, S4RS, '79 Honda CBX, '78 BMW R100S, '72 Honda CB350f Cafe Racer, '70 CB175 Cafe Racer, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, '34 HD VFD sidecar ("Betty Jean"....after my dearly departed mother), Kawasaki Concours 1400, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, Lee Halverson's fantastic "Green Monster", and a very understanding wife........
Randarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
The_castle

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle

He's aiming at championship #10.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #6
frenaugo
Established Member

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
Lin Jarvis Yamaha boss who comes across as a douche bag (although I have never met him) did say upon Rossi's signing that Lorenzo was the focus for the title this year (2012) and would be in the future. If that is not sending Rossi a public message before he even starts I don't know what is
I think it is a balanced warning not to expect preferential treatment and not start acting up, as he is no longer No.1. Rossi will have to work hard without preferential treatment and simply ride the wheels off the thing to re-gain respect.

Although FF Lorenzo is pretty good, I think he mainly rides in the Rossi style and Rossi could stay with him. Although Rossi will need to start out well or he can forget a shot at the title, as Pedro and others are still hungry for it as well.

Vale deserves a bit stick for being a brat when he left Yamaha, but that might be exactly what he needs to come down off the scorned superstar pedestal and start bloody racing again. Being humiliated and the underdog could be good for him!
frenaugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #7
MVista
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenaugo View Post
I think it is a balanced warning not to expect preferential treatment and not start acting up, as he is no longer No.1. Rossi will have to work hard without preferential treatment and simply ride the wheels off the thing to re-gain respect.

Although FF Lorenzo is pretty good, I think he mainly rides in the Rossi style and Rossi could stay with him. Although Rossi will need to start out well or he can forget a shot at the title, as Pedro and others are still hungry for it as well.

Vale deserves a bit stick for being a brat when he left Yamaha, but that might be exactly what he needs to come down off the scorned superstar pedestal and start bloody racing again. Being humiliated and the underdog could be good for him!

You make some very good points and I believe you could well be very much on the money with your post - I certainly hope he fires up and gets into mix otherwise it will be a pretty lame season in a 2 horse race.

In two seasons we've lost Simoncelli & Stoner obviously for very different reasons, two big losses and I am not seeing 'replacements' at this stage - certainly not ready made ones.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
BG Wells

He'll be out to win., make no mistake about it.That's the way I voted. During his admittedly disastrous time with Ducati he has not tasted victory for two years or even be able to run with the front guys. So I think he'll definitely want to see if he still has what is needed to win. He has put a big challenge on himself as no longer can the bike be cited as the 'problem' and therefore 'He' will be under a lot of scrutiny. I hope he still has the 'hunger'...it'll not be easy with Lorenzo., Pedrosa,. etc...and I expect big things from 'Marc Marquez'..even though this will be his 'rookie' season..he's a fantastic rider. But as a Fan I will be cheering 'Vale' on all the way...and I'll not be alone!
Oh ..and even though I was never a fan 'Casey' will be missed ..his talent on a bike (any bike) was incredible. ..Having said that 'He's a member of this forum..isn't he???..so 'He'll' be watching!
Brian.
BG Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #9
Ian SAVS

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS

More than one win or podium. You bet he will be out for the win, but Lorenzo is with the advantage of being on the Yamaha for the last few years and knows it well, its been made to fit him, their star rider, just as it was in the Rossi years. Rossi has to unlearn the Ducati and relearn the M1. I think it's going to be a good season with Rossi giving Lorenzo a run for his money but I think Lorenzo will come out in the end yet again barring any unforeseen wrecks or injures. 2014-15 might get interesting.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #10
frenaugo
Established Member

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
In two seasons we've lost Simoncelli & Stoner obviously for very different reasons, two big losses and I am not seeing 'replacements' at this stage - certainly not ready made ones.
I really think there is excellent replacement talent in there. Cal Crutchlow has really impressed and is nearly an 'alien', Stefan Bradl is not one to hang back, Dovi has shown real grit and skill this year, Alvaro Bautista is always in the mixt.
It is sad we lost a potential great with Simoncelli, but there are still a few developing excellent riders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG Wells View Post
He has put a big challenge on himself as no longer can the bike be cited as the 'problem' and therefore 'He' will be under a lot of scrutiny. I hope he still has the 'hunger'...it'll not be easy with Lorenzo., Pedrosa,.
But as a Fan I will be cheering 'Vale' on all the way...and I'll not be alone!
Brian.
Spot on!
frenaugo is offline   Reply With Quote