# :: Woswer! A '56 TRL in what appears to be lovely unrestored condition! - MVAgusta.net
|
|

Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > Classic
Register FAQ Members List

Old 11-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
Sheriffof0

Default :: Woswer! A '56 TRL in what appears to be lovely unrestored condition!

Surely they don't come much better than this anymore..... Taxed and MOTd to Dec 13.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1956-MV-AG...item460a1bb383

Some kind of adaptor on top of the rear shocks to convert to single seat.
Not seen those before! Wouldn't mind trying on mine for comfort's sake. Anyone knows more about these things I'd love to hear....

Last edited by Sheriffof0 : 11-19-2012 at 09:32 AM. Reason: forgot link!
Sheriffof0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
Dorian

Jon.

These frames have the brackets for a single seat already there, you can see them just infront of the rear shock mount.

This bike has a single seat that is too large and therefor won't line up with the original beackets..hence the rather Heath Robinson affair!

Get an original small size single seat and your back to normal. There very confortable btw, both of my 2 strokes have them.

Quite a nice little bike indeed, will be interesting to see what it makes.

Cheers.

Dorian.
Dorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
Sheriffof0

@Dorian, I'll have to have a closer look. My eye-sight must be getting worse by the day.
Thought I'd already checked on my frame and couldn't find any.

Doh! Will look again.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
Dorian

No, your eysight is fine Jon.

Yours doesn't have them for some reason. Just goes to show the inconsistency of classic MV's...or this bike has a 'bit of a history'. I wonder what the numbers are on this little fellow.

They were still fitting single seats right up .to the middle..ish 50's on many bikes. I suppose there must have been a time when they rejigged the frames and decided not to bother any more, but as to when is anyones guess.

BTW, did you get your rims sorted?

Dorian.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:46 AM   #5
Sheriffof0

@Dorian, Thanks for that, thought I was going blind for a second there.

Yes I did find some rims from Central Wheels, but they had to make 'em up and that takes time it seems. 4 weeks on order. Should be ready by the end of the week. Cost about 100 per rim including carriage.
I'll post a gleaming picture as soon as the Old Gal is back on her feet again.

She'll do less mileage from now on but I'll still be showing her off at every opportunity. Just not on a daily basis. Now I have a 6mx5m garage with a mechanic pit to play with. That's a project in itself as I need to insulate and dry line before it will be a comfortable man-cave.

So I would like to know how to convert to a saddle given I have no moulded brackets for the spring on the frame. Got any suggestions as to where I could find the necessaries?

Bests,

Jon.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #6
Dorian

Hi Jon.

That 'man cave' sounds great. You could set up a London classic MV repair shop there, with all your experience from the 'Flying Ant' i'm sure it would be a success.

I think the only way you could fit a single seat on yours is exactly as they have done on the ebay bike. Get a suitable sized saddle from one of the vintage suppliers, measure up and get some sturdy brackets made. I must say i think the little MV's look great with the single seat, especial with a little rack behind. Not to good for offering pillion rides though!

If you struggle finding a saddle drop me an email.

Cheers.

Dorian.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:32 AM   #7
emmevi125s

I would have thought that with the bikes available today, taking a pillion on a small capacity classic MV with minimal hp is something you just don't do. I know from experience that one up going up a hill can be slow going but it does help to 'flap your wings', especially as it can put a smile on the face of the drivers you are holding up.
emmevi125s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:18 AM   #8
Dorian

Have done quite a bit of two up riding on the old singles.

It's not just the uphill that's a problem.....going down can be a bit scary as well!! Then again it's not just the singles, that 600 'four' can really focus the mind!!

Dorian.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:44 AM   #9
Sheriffof0

I've never seriously entertained the idea of sharing the seat of The Ant for all of the reasons mentioned and I wouldn't inflict the discomfort on anybody else!