|
|

Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > F4 - 1st Gen. 1998-2009
Register FAQ Members List

Old 11-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
Jake318

Default Solving the f4 heat issue

Febur, a manufacturer of high end racing components( most well known for there radiators) and the U.S distributor for febur products, are currently designing a Radiator for my 2007 MV Agusta F4 312R. If I have the Italian/English translation down correctly testing results have the F4 running at roiughly 170-180 at idle.
This is a big improvement as my 2007 Mv Agusta F4 312R would run roughly between 203-212 degrees F. We should be getting the radiator in about 2 weeks. After test the machine myself I will report the figures on this for the members of this website . I do beleive that because of the tight spacing of the stock MV Agusta radiator in the F4 there might be a bit re routing of the coolant lines but I dont see it being a big job. Hopefully I will have a new computer by then( a friend who is much more computer savy than I said he gets great deals so he is picking me up a new lap top) and I can post pictures up for everyone .( I am also proud of how well the new accessories ive added from Gutsy Performance look, MVs are a stunning machine. Take care Jake
Jake318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
fouad19764

No MVs in the Registry

happy to hear that,just for information,friend tell me to add 10CL of vinegar to coolant water its help engine to be cold,also if running temp go high (specially with high traffic) think to change fan sensor to low-start one.
fouad19764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
minime

Running a upgraded waterpump, Engine ICE coolant and manual fan switch will help slow down the bike running hot.

Try running Amsoil oil as we found that this oil reduces the temperature by about 5deg C and really slows down the rising temperature and caps the temperature to about 107deg C in heavy stop go traffic with outside ambient temperature of 38deg C.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG

I'm not sure why you are trying to re invent the wheel, Jake, but I do like your initiative. It is well documented that the source of the problem is the amount of air flowing through the radiator and out the back. The surface area of the radiators on the F4 is adequate for cooling the bike, the problem is moving a sufficient quantity of air through the radiator. This can be accomplished two ways: go faster, or add another fan and pull more air through. A third but less desirable method is to move the coolant faster through the use of a larger pump or different impeller.

Get a Ducati 1098 fan from ebay for a few dollars, and either configure a manual switch or wire it into the existing circuit.

It's a lot less expensive, a lot less obtrusive, and works very well.
CAG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #5
italia

Replacing the stock exhaust (removing the catalytic converter) made an improvement in lowering temperatures for my 312.
'04 Ducati Monster 1000S
'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold
~Amo tutte le cose italiane~
italia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #6
The_castle

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle

Febur already make a radiator for the F4.
Only one fan is required.
I've had this one for about 2 years. I replaced the OEM radiator because my OEM radiator split 3 times.
And it does run cooler, as you'd expect.
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #7
Jake318

Sorry , my mistake for not explaining that I have already upraded water pump , installed the Muzzy aluminum fan blades and am using engine ice coolant.These upgrades helped somewhat(5-10 degrees) but nothing that I would call a significant improvement I love the F4 312R but out of all my sportbikes it is runs the highest engine temps and I want to get it down to a comparable level of the others. I am also going to change the thermostate and install a Samco hose kit when I change the radiator . QUESTION: Is thermostate failier a common ailment on the F4?
Old 11-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #8
Donsy
Senior Member and Moderator.

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Send a message via Skype™ to Donsy
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake318 View Post
QUESTION: Is thermostate failier a common ailment on the F4?
No Jake, not as much as you would imagine with a bike running so HOT all the time.

Mobile - 0438385776 in Australia
eMail me - donsy@teamdouble3racing.com or teamdouble3@bigpond.com [PayPal]
Web - http://www.teamdouble3racing.com/aboutus.php
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...53264738050813
Donsy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #9
Jake318

CASTLE... THANK YOU FOR THAT INFO. i WAS TOLD BY FEBER THEY WHERE JUST NOW MAKING THE RADIATOR FOR THE F4...MAYBE NEW FOR MY MODEL? I HAVE A 2007 F312R BUT I WOULD THINK THE 1000S,1000R,312R ECT WOULD TAKE THE SAME UNIT. THANKS AGAIN JAKE
Old 11-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #10
Jake318

Thanks Donsey, hope to see/hear you racing the F4 next year. Im suprised the MV facory isnt racing? Marketing wise its a win win situation for them.People Love new brands on the grid . Look at the Triumph Stop N Go Effort , they got more exposer running 3rd & 4th on the Triumph 675 than they did winning on the Yamaha R6. No one expects MV to win on the F4 but they like to see the MV because its different in style,sound and its history . With the F3 they actually have a good shot at winning a title in supersport/superstock. And supersport/superstock is a reletivly cheap class to run. Lastly MV is in the black financialy after making such a great deal with Harley .