|

Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > F4 - 1st Gen. 1998-2009
Register FAQ Members List

Old 11-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
Fatboy916

No MVs in the Registry

Default What battery?

Looks like my original Yuasa has given up the ghost.
What does everyone recommend ?
Bike has an alarm fitted, and sits on an optimate.

Cheers,

John.
Fatboy916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
italia

http://www.shoraipower.com/
I've got the lightweight Shorai Lithium-Iron in two of my bikes. They are Deltran "Battery Tender" compatible. I've had one of the two for more than a year, and so far so good.
'04 Ducati Monster 1000S
'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold
~Amo tutte le cose italiane~
italia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
Ian SAVS

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by italia View Post
I've got the lightweight Shorai Lithium-Iron in two of my bikes. They are Deltran "Battery Tender" compatible. I've had one of the two for more than a year, and so far so good.
+1. You can find them for pretty good prices on eBay, And the weight savings are at least 3 pounds

Last edited by Ian SAVS : 11-10-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Ian SAVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:03 AM   #4
simcity

MV in the Registry:
[F4 MY2010+]

Default Check out the Antigravity Batteries

If you're going down the lithium battery route, suggest you take a look at the Antigravity Batteries. These appear to be more sturdy (also waterproof) and greater capacity and CCA's than the Shorai's. They also come in OEM 'stock' sizes, if you don't fancy padding out your battery compartment with foam.

This guy at Adventure Rider has done some pretty extensive testing (warning very long thread) and looks like the Antigravity has easily beaten the Shorai....

I bought a Shorai LFX14 last year, and it is seems fine for now, but given what I read in this review and elsewhere and the experience of a friend on this forum with a Shorai, which has lost a cell, I would stop short of recommending them. If I was buying a lithium battery now I would take a close look at the Antigravity.
simcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
merc07

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000]

I got a Ballistic off ebay, it says 8 cell is ok but in reality it wasn't powerfull enough.

Sent it back and replaced it with a 12 cell.

Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcity View Post
If you're going down the lithium battery route, suggest you take a look at the Antigravity Batteries. These appear to be more sturdy (also waterproof) and greater capacity and CCA's than the Shorai's. They also come in OEM 'stock' sizes, if you don't fancy padding out your battery compartment with foam.

This guy at Adventure Rider has done some pretty extensive testing (warning very long thread) and looks like the Antigravity has easily beaten the Shorai....

I bought a Shorai LFX14 last year, and it is seems fine for now, but given what I read in this review and elsewhere and the experience of a friend on this forum with a Shorai, which has lost a cell, I would stop short of recommending them. If I was buying a lithium battery now I would take a close look at the Antigravity.
merc07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #6
Ryan Stewart

MV in the Registry:
[F4S 750]

Send a message via AIM to Ryan Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by italia View Post
I got the Shorai, even got the higher capacity one (18ah vs 14 stock) and it was much lighter but also small enough that I could cram the stock tool kit between it and the seat. Leaving more room in the little tray. I have the factory alarm. I dont currently use a tender because I ride it at least once a week.

Ryan Stewart is online now   Reply With Quote