Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > F4 - 1st Gen. 1998-2009
Register FAQ Members List

Old 11-08-2012, 05:56 AM   #1
alan

No MVs in the Registry

Default I've part exchanged it......

Hi guys,

Well after much deliberation I have part exchanged the 312. I had the radiator split in August and have managed to ride twice due to the repair time. On both of those rides I didn't enjoy it for fear if it breaking again and being out of action for months.

I'm going back to Japanese after 8 years of various Italian bikes. I got a 2010 zx10r.

I'm glad I had the MV and enjoyed my time with it and with all of you guys. Thanks for the help and advice over the years! Will pop in from time to time if you let me!

Cheers,

Al
alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 06:11 AM   #2
R1andrew

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Sorry to hear.
R1andrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #3
number2

No MVs in the Registry

So you had a radiator problem so decided to get rid of the bike? I did the same thing with my Chevy truck. Radiator started leaking so I traded it in. I can't imagine riding a rice burner again but hope you enjoy it.
number2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
Ian SAVS

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS

Women will no longer throw themselves at your feet! Men will no longer immediately identify you as a "man's man"! No longer will people look at you on the street and say "oh wow is that an Agusta?" Beatle mania-esk mobs will chase you across town no more! Your rich debonair playboy status may be compromised! Are you sure that you want to give all of that up?
Old 11-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #5
wa2fst

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian SAVS View Post
Women will no longer throw themselves at your feet! Men will no longer immediately identify you as a "man's man"! No longer will people look at you on the street and say "oh wow is that an Agusta?" Beatle mania-esk mobs will chase you across town no more! Your rich debonair playboy status may be compromised! Are you sure that you want to give all of that up?

LOL and the flip side to this is: you wont be asked what is that, is that a Honda engine?, is that a Ducati?, Is that a Honda?, you payed how much!?
wa2fst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
adecritten

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan View Post
Hi guys,

Well after much deliberation I have part exchanged the 312. I had the radiator split in August and have managed to ride twice due to the repair time. On both of those rides I didn't enjoy it for fear if it breaking again and being out of action for months.

I'm going back to Japanese after 8 years of various Italian bikes. I got a 2010 zx10r.

I'm glad I had the MV and enjoyed my time with it and with all of you guys. Thanks for the help and advice over the years! Will pop in from time to time if you let me!

Cheers,

Al
The split radiator thing is a real bummer, I was in the same position myself earlier in the year.

Joe's radiator support strap is the #1 answer to that problem and I'd advise everyone with an F4 to get one.

All the best with the Kwack Alan.

adecritten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #7
mikef4uk

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2fst View Post
LOL and the flip side to this is: you wont be asked what is that, is that a Honda engine?, is that a Ducati?, Is that a Honda?, you payed how much!?
Just as another view on the above that had me rolling about laughing, not at the bike, just the circumstance

Picture the scene, my mate on his MV, me on my R1 and we stop at a small out in the country railway station that has a cafe, as said all the questions when we stop go in his and the MV's direction.............

Bloke in his seventies ambles over: Looks at the bikes, and asks the question: ''Hi lads, what make of bike is that?'' my fanatical MV owning friend bursts into his spiel as he normally does ...................

When he's finished the elderly gent replies:

''I might be old but I can still f*****g read mate, I wasn't asking about the MV Agusta I was asking about the black bike without a name on it''

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
mikef4uk is offline   Reply With Quote