Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > Brutale B4
Register FAQ Members List

Old 11-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
fev

MV in the Registry:
[Brutale S]

Default electrical issue?

Hi guys,

I have had my 750 S for 12 months now and since the start have had a strange indicator pattern (ie non regular flashing). I mentioned this to the dealer and he says he contacted MV about a claim. This was 10 months ago and he says he hasn't heard back. It is due its 12 month service next week but I'm not sure whether to take it there (as they seem pretty useless) and pay a fortune or whether to get a trusted mechanic to service it and risk the final year of warranty.

I'd save about $400 on the service!!!!!!!

comments?

Also, what mods do you recommend?

Thanks,

Phil
fev is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 02:37 AM   #2
rsawkins

Hi Phil, I'd say you have the original (known to fail a lot) SPU - a search here will return a lot of results. If I remember rightly you bought the red 750 that was new but been sat in the show room for a little while ? If so go beat Phil up and make him sort it out - if they still have the black 750 there they can try the spu off that one and find out in about 10 mins if that's the problem.

If you don't want to involve the dealer, contact me and we can try my spu - I'm 5 minutes of the F3, Calga exit.

And you DON'T have to have the bike serviced by an MV dealer to maintain the warranty...
Mods - mirrors (so you can see the guys with the flashing roof rack behind you) , foot pegs (so your feet don't slip off all the time), get rid of cat (a little more tunes from the exhaust, less heat), powercommander (less fuel, better running and a bit more go).

Cheers
Rich
rsawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:00 AM   #3
adecritten

No MVs in the Registry

Lightbulb Indicator Flashing Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by fev View Post
Hi guys,

I have had my 750 S for 12 months now and since the start have had a strange indicator pattern (ie non regular flashing). I mentioned this to the dealer and he says he contacted MV about a claim. This was 10 months ago and he says he hasn't heard back. It is due its 12 month service next week but I'm not sure whether to take it there (as they seem pretty useless) and pay a fortune or whether to get a trusted mechanic to service it and risk the final year of warranty.

comments?

Thanks,

Phil

Hi Phil

I'm assuming that the indicators work, but are just flashing weirdly.

Check that the bulbs are the same!!

The bulbs in the mirrors are 12v 10w and are quite tiny. The genuine ones are very expensive and hard to get hold of here in the UK, when they blow I have seen them replaced with alternatives of the same appearance but of the wrong wattage, this will cause the problem you are describing, the important thing is that the two at the front are the same and of the correct wattage and the ones at the back are the same too in appearance the front and rear bulbs are quite different in appearance however.

Another possible issue that you may have is if its the indicators at the front that are problematic, is that the faring supports which are located on the electrical covers (either side at the front of the airtubes) may not be located properly which is very important.

One reason that these parts do not locate properly is that in the past the fairing supports have been over tightened and as a result have broken off the small locating dowels at the base.

The locating dowels are very important as if they are missing (Which a lot of em are after a few years of removing the upper fairing) the electrical connection at the base doesn't make a good contact and will give you intermittent flashing at the front. with the rear on the same side staying on all the time occasionally.

Check that the tiny locating dowels at base of the front fairing support are intact.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by adecritten : 11-08-2012 at 03:06 AM.
adecritten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:39 AM   #4
fev

MV in the Registry:
[Brutale S]

That's me rsawkins. I'll get it serviced etc... Then get on Phil's case. I've also emailed trooperlu's for advice
Hopefully will get it sorted. Could you pm me your contact details so I can check your spu?

Cheers
Thnks for the replies guys.
Phil
Sent from my HTC One X using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-08-2012, 04:07 AM   #5
adecritten

No MVs in the Registry

Wink

Quote:
Hi guys,

comments?

Thanks,

Phil
Quote:
That's me rsawkins. I'll get it serviced etc... Then get on Phil's case. I've also emailed trooperlu's for advice
Hopefully will get it sorted. Could you pm me your contact details so I can check your spu?

Cheers
Thnks for the replies guys.
Phil
Sent from my HTC One X using Motorcycle.com Free App
Ooops!!

I thought it was 750S F4

Meanwhile moving on.....................
adecritten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:01 AM   #6
fev

MV in the Registry:
[Brutale S]

No worries Adecrittin,

Spoke to the mechanic today and he says it looks more like the indicator relay but will check that when it's serviced.

Now off to look for new grips, braided hoses and some new mirrors.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #7
chasgould

No MVs in the Registry

So, I just received my special ordered new SPU box, and I am preparing to install it. One thing that I noticed is that the first fuse (labeled "warning light") on my old SPU box has been omitted from the new SPU box. Can anyone shed any light on this obvious difference. Has this been eliminated for a reason? Does this mean that a warning light will not work, or has this circuit has been combined with another circuit on the fuse panel?
Thanks,
Chas
chasgould is offline   Reply With Quote