|

Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > General > General Talk
Register FAQ Members List

Old 10-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
Nicolino

No MVs in the Registry

Default Storm !!!

EVERYONE in the affected area, Our prayers go out to You and Your families guys !!!

Last edited by Nicolino : 10-30-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Nicolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
MV-999R

Yep. Hang in there guys.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
tradd757

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000]

Im in lower southern MD and we are good. Little rain but nothing major at all. Hope the guys north are ok.
tradd757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #4
Gitano
Established Member

No MVs in the Registry

Southeast PA here, just outside of Philadelphia. Had lots of rain, but not torrential, and the wind steadily increasing since Sunday night and peaking last night with quite a howl. But, at least for me, no loss of power and no flooding. Worst appears to be a couple roof shingles blown off. That's an easy fix. Relatives in northern NJ, however, is another story. They have lost power and there is some flooding around them. Sheesh......Mother Nature can be a b.....
Gitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
BG Wells

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4-1NXS View Post
t-shirt weather for the northern scots

but for you guys that are not used to high winds, wishing you all a safe next few days

dont pee into the wind

Yep, we're no stranger to a 'draft' over here either. However for 'this one' even I might reach for 'the jumper'.
Seriously though Guys.. stay safe, it looks like a bad one!
Brian
BG Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #6
LiquidWhy

Default VIN #s

Also, if anyone loses (insurance write off) an MV or other Italian cycle, please post the VIN#. Remember the storm that hit New Orleans a few years back? Well, a lot of the cars appeared in out of state sales. They were trying to hide the fact that the vehicles were from New Orleans and submerged under water.

Hope y'all recover quickly.
LiquidWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:26 AM   #7
silentservice703

Send a message via AIM to silentservice703 Send a message via Yahoo to silentservice703 Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703

It seems the biggest amount of damage was centered where landfall occurred and the immediate surrounding area. Boston to New York is not a large distance and we simply got some high winds and rain. The areas with extreme coastal flooding were devastated. My prayers are for those in New Jersey and New York City....
Old 11-02-2012, 05:34 AM   #8
gotojoe

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
It seems the biggest amount of damage was centered where landfall occurred and the immediate surrounding area. Boston to New York is not a large distance and we simply got some high winds and rain. The areas with extreme coastal flooding were devastated. My prayers are for those in New Jersey and New York City....

Cape Cod ..The worlds greatest storm defence....It would have been a wild night on Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket on the south side though..
gotojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:55 AM   #9
yves

I'm in the middle of it and just started day 5 without power. There's quite some devastation around here with trees taking down powerlines, houses, etc...My family is safe and I have no damage to my property, but 2 people died 5 miles from here when a tree fell on their car.
The most memorable thing about Monday night was the transformers exploding, litting up the night bright green...kind of Matrix-esque and very eerie.
As part of my 'preparedness' I had filled up every vehicle to the brim so I could keep my generator running for a week. My big learning is that any car produced after 1992 has an anti-syhoning device built into the tank. As such I have 50 gallons of inaccessible fuel sitting into my garage @#%$#@ !!!!
There is no gas in any of the stations around here and I'm going to try to head to PA today to score some. If not, it's going to be a very cold weekend.

2008 MV F4 312R (RG3, X-Bikes ECU,...)
2005 Ducati 999S
2004 Ducati 998S Final Edition
2004 Porsche 911 Turbo Convertible

Last edited by yves : 11-02-2012 at 06:58 AM.
yves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:19 AM   #10
Gitano
Established Member

No MVs in the Registry

Yves, I'm sorry to hear of your situation. I am in southeast PA, which was not hit as hard as your area. My family lives not far from where you are, and they too do not yet have power.

As a desperate measure. consider drilling a hole in your gas tank to get to the fuel. That hole can probably be sealed up afterward with some putty (temporary) or other epoxy. I know, I don't like the idea of drilling the gas tank on my car, but if things get that desperate, desperate measures are needed. Obviously, if you can get to a fuel line and disconnect to drain some fuel out, that would be better.

I hope your power is up and you are back to normal ASAP!

Last edited by Gitano : 11-02-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Gitano is offline   Reply With Quote