Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > General > Events, Group Rides, and Meets
Register FAQ Members List

Old 10-09-2012, 07:29 AM   #1
outbackbiker

MV in the Registry:
[Brutale 910]

Default NQLD to Victoria

It's been awhile , but i thought i'd just throw this up here to see who's interested.
getting the bike ready for our annual trip south from North Queensland to victoria via Brisbane, Sydney , Snowy mountains & back again!!
Leaving the MV behind this year & taking the ducati for a change.
heading off early next month will be going through brissy on the 3 of nov & hoping Sydney on the 5-6 & heading out to the snowies & south , try to get the famous bonang road in there as well!
Anyone interested in jumping in for part of the ride you are welcome, theres several of us going , a mate from mackay on a Blackbird & a few others joining in from sydney on street triples all experienced riders average day would be around 500-600k.
last year we did 6500k in 10 days on the Brute
great ride taking in some of South eastern Australias best roads!
outbackbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
Rob_b

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Talking

Hey OBB

Sooooo the annual southern bike trip is on again

Man..... you just know when I'm available, I'd love to do this trip.

Unfortunately, or fortunately for me, I'm doing Cali Superbike School on the 1st & 2nd Nov, plus Track Days 5th & 6th Nov at Phillip Island

Please, you and the guys have a safe and dry trip.

Don't forget, we like pic's.

Also, let me know when you're heading to Morgan Park again
Rob_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
Renaissance

No MVs in the Registry

wow - that is a big trip.

unfortunately I can't afford the time off to go all the way to vic (which I would love to do one day) but probably am ok to do a section either nth or sth of brissy - let me know the sections you will be riding and I'll confirm.
Renaissance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:34 AM   #4
Cash_Dawg

Hey Guys,
If you'd like to plan a pit stop in Port Macquarie on the way through in either direction let me know.
We'd be happy to plan something for you guys at Protech motorcycles....whether you are staying overnight in port and want to catch up for a few drinks, or would like to do a run on the dyno....it's all good.

Cheers
Ash
Old 10-10-2012, 08:12 AM   #5
outbackbiker

MV in the Registry:
[Brutale 910]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash_Dawg View Post
Hey Guys,
If you'd like to plan a pit stop in Port Macquarie on the way through in either direction let me know.
We'd be happy to plan something for you guys at Protech motorcycles....whether you are staying overnight in port and want to catch up for a few drinks, or would like to do a run on the dyno....it's all good.

Cheers
Ash
Ash, Thats Mighty kind off you mate, might drop in on the way back, for a look around, we are on a pretty tight schedule on the way down, the others we are hooking up with in sydney for the trip into the deep south have to be back for an eastern creek meet on the 11th i think. so on the way back up things will be a little more leisurely. how many days notice would you like if we need some work done on the bikes on the way back, 2 days??
Thanks OB.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #6
outbackbiker

MV in the Registry:
[Brutale 910]

Hey Rob, what is it with the bad timing ?? you know we come south this time every year , get organised will yuh!!

Renaissance, will hopefully be leaving brissy on the morning of the 4th, thinking maybe out through, beenleigh, north tambo,, then across & down , natural bridge, numinbah,chillingham, murwillumbah, kyogle & down.something along those lines, might have a bit of a scout around on the way back up as well, but usually after 2 weeks on the bikes we have had near enough!
Old 10-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #7
Cash_Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackbiker View Post
Ash, Thats Mighty kind off you mate, might drop in on the way back, for a look around, we are on a pretty tight schedule on the way down, the others we are hooking up with in sydney for the trip into the deep south have to be back for an eastern creek meet on the 11th i think. so on the way back up things will be a little more leisurely. how many days notice would you like if we need some work done on the bikes on the way back, 2 days??
Thanks OB.
On the way back sounds fine.
Just let me know throughout the ride what sort of work you may need or want done and I'll make sure we book in some free time for your arrival.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #8
Renaissance

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackbiker View Post
Renaissance, will hopefully be leaving brissy on the morning of the 4th, thinking maybe out through, beenleigh, north tambo,, then across & down , natural bridge, numinbah,chillingham, murwillumbah, kyogle & down.something along those lines, might have a bit of a scout around on the way back up as well, but usually after 2 weeks on the bikes we have had near enough!
Ok - Beenleigh to Muwillumbah sounds completely do-able - maybe a few other SEQLD riders might be interested in that run also?????? I'll PM my mobile closer to the date.
Renaissance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:10 AM   #9
paulmac272
Established Member

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaissance View Post
Ok - Beenleigh to Muwillumbah sounds completely do-able - maybe a few other SEQLD riders might be interested in that run also?????? I'll PM my mobile closer to the date.
If I'm free on the day I'll be in.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
paulmac272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #10
outbackbiker

MV in the Registry:
[Brutale 910]

Sounds like a plan fellas i'll keep you all posted.