|

Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Technical and Hands On > Customizing
Register FAQ Members List

Old 09-02-2012, 03:27 AM   #1
671erSDF3

No MVs in the Registry

Default D3 Tail tidy & Rizoma indicators installed

Hello fellow riders. Decided to go w/ D3 tail tidy. IMO the cleanest if not one of the cleaner setups currently available. Material & build quality is excellent. Went w/ Rizoma Zero-11 indicators. Personally not a fan of the big stock signals. Could've gotten sleeker indicators like the Rizoma actions or track-77 but keeping the budget low as possible & not having to sacrifice quality, Zero-11s was a good option for me.

W/no service manual avail yet frm my dealer, I was on pins & needles when removing entire rear plastics careful not to break anything. Lil courage & guess work is all it took to get the job done. The rear tail clean up outcome & knowledge I gained about the bike was all worth the effort.

I see a lot of nice F3 projects in this forum. Keep up the good work. Cheers! Special acknowledgment goes out to forum member, Dan aka Perfect for shooting me some tips. Shout out to Darren & their team over at http://www.d3-components.co.uk/ great product & customer service.
Attached Images

671erSDF3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
pendulous29

No MVs in the Registry

Looks great! So you really have to remove the entire rear plastic tail section to get the old one off and new one on?
pendulous29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
671erSDF3

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendulous29 View Post
Looks great! So you really have to remove the entire rear plastic tail section to get the old one off and new one on?
Thanks! U can remove the old one & install the new one w/out having to remove any of the rear plastics. But, if you're after the clean look & wanna hide the wires then plastics would have to be removed. I was able to tuck all wires in zip-tied neatly as possible under the tail behind the black plastic piece. Plenty of room inside to stuff all the necessary wires in.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
tripletripletriple

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Looks awesome man! Very slick.

Got mine all ready to be installed too, just need the bike to arrive!
Old 09-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #5
Paul.K

No MVs in the Registry

Nice, looks clean as you say. That is what I want to replace my MV corse tail tidy with. Good pictures, thanks for posting. The bike looks sweet in white.
Paul.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
671erSDF3

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletripletriple View Post
Looks awesome man! Very slick.

Got mine all ready to be installed too, just need the bike to arrive!
Good choice! You won't be dissapointed. Share us your pics when U get the chance.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #7
671erSDF3

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.K View Post
Nice, looks clean as you say. That is what I want to replace my MV corse tail tidy with. Good pictures, thanks for posting. The bike looks sweet in white.
Thanks! No problem. Anything to help my fellow riders still on the fence of which tail tidy option to go with. D3 works best for me & i hope it'll work best for you. I've read & seen pics of certain troubles regarding the MV corse tidy some are having.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #8
Bucks92

No MVs in the Registry

I just ordered the D3 tail tidy in MINI form.

"The MINI one uses our small LED plate light and has 10mm single hole for aftermarket indicators."

Do I assume that universal aftermarket indicators fit this diameter, as I can not see any websites saying that their indicators have specific screw in specifications.

Thanks
Bucks92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #9
671erSDF3

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucks92 View Post
I just ordered the D3 tail tidy in MINI form.

"The MINI one uses our small LED plate light and has 10mm single hole for aftermarket indicators."

Do I assume that universal aftermarket indicators fit this diameter, as I can not see any websites saying that their indicators have specific screw in specifications.

Thanks
This too is the D3 mini. Your assumption is correct. Aftermarket indicators utilize the standard 10mm hole size. Went to a couple local dealers to browse other universal indicators by diff brands before I bought Rizomas, all indeed where for 10mm diameter sized holes.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #10
Bucks92

No MVs in the Registry

Yes it makes the rear end look so much better! I am undecided between the Zero 11 (yours) and the Action Indicators though. Like you said the 'Actions' are very sleek so I may go with them.

Also, is the only other thing I need the turn signal cable kit for MV's?
Other brands suggest that you need a special resistor to manage the different voltages being output from the bikes electronic system. Is that basically what the turn signal cable kit does/is?

Cheers
Bucks92 is offline   Reply With Quote