# F4 headlight incorrect spec - MVAgusta.net
log in
|
|


Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > F4 - 1st Gen. 1998-2009
Register FAQ Members List
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 05:09 AM   #1
chriswatts312
Member


 
chriswatts312's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: northants
Posts: 40
Default F4 headlight incorrect spec

Hi guys my 312r has just failed its first UK MOT due to having a non UK spec headlamp ( to say im disappointed is an understatement ) i have had the bike from new and the light is as fitted from the factory ...has any one else had the same problem ?

chris
chriswatts312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-05-2012, 05:27 AM   #2
DannyG
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

 
DannyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: London United Kingdom
Posts: 231
Default

Is the bike an import? Did you get it from DK Motorcycles? They specialise in imported bikes at lower prices.
It could be just that the light is pointing towards the wrong direction for European right hand side driving in which case it can be easily re-aligned. I would take it back from where you got it and get them to correct and re-mot it for you.
I have a 2007 F4 1000R and it has had a few mots without any issues.
Danny
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:46 AM   #3
chriswatts312
Member


 
chriswatts312's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: northants
Posts: 40
Default

hi Danny i purchased the bike from Bennts mc i am awaiting a return phone call as i type apparently its the lens that's the problem i have 3 part numbers no idea at present which one is uk spec

0000487 Lens Assy Lower Beam Polyellipsoidal
0000488
0000489
chriswatts312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:52 AM   #4
DannyG
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

 
DannyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: London United Kingdom
Posts: 231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswatts312 View Post
hi Danny i purchased the bike from Bennts mc i am awaiting a return phone call as i type apparently its the lens that's the problem i have 3 part numbers no idea at present which one is uk spec

0000487 Lens Assy Lower Beam Polyellipsoidal
0000488
0000489
Well, whatever the problem, it is the dealers responsibility to sell a UK bike which meets UK law and if they didn't specify that it was not a UK bike then they should correct the problem free of charge (and pay for the re-MOT)..I wouldn't accept anything less!
Good luck buddy!

Danny
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:05 AM   #5
MVBERT
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F4S 750]

 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: ELY, CAMB'S UK
Posts: 513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG View Post
Is the bike an import? Did you get it from DK Motorcycles? They specialise in imported bikes at lower prices.
It could be just that the light is pointing towards the wrong direction for European right hand side driving in which case it can be easily re-aligned. I would take it back from where you got it and get them to correct and re-mot it for you.
I have a 2007 F4 1000R and it has had a few mots without any issues.
Danny
My non import 2000 F4 750 had quite a few Mots, that is until you take it some where more fussy/they care to do there job well. As the new owner of this bike I was warned that I had the European head light, I contacted the MV dealer I got it from(who had incidently just given it a new full mot upon my request) and they supplied free the correct UK internal beam projector(the important internal part).

I don't know if MV made a mistake back then in 2000, or were desparate to fulfill the orders and knew what they were doing. One thing the dealer said was that they still had some of these Uk spec parts left, so I suspect a batch was sent over, maybe just to sort out this problem?
MVBERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #6
gotojoe
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

 
gotojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Warwickshire UK
Posts: 7,350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswatts312 View Post
Hi guys my 312r has just failed its first UK MOT due to having a non UK spec headlamp ( to say im disappointed is an understatement ) i have had the bike from new and the light is as fitted from the factory ...has any one else had the same problem ?

chris

This is a UK projector I believe...I did have a peek inside a USA Headlamp a while back and that low beam projector also had UK stamped on it..!

joe
Attached Images
 

Last edited by gotojoe : 05-05-2012 at 03:23 PM.
gotojoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #7
firedancer
Senior Member


 
firedancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 854
Default

there are three different version of the head lamp:

right hand drive
left hand drive
and USA (does that mean they drive all over the place?)

as far as i can read the parts catalog, it should be
part number 800094522 for left hand drive, which
you have to replace in your lamp, or 800094507
for the full headlamp.
firedancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #8
Ryan Stewart
Senior Member

MV in the Registry:
[F4S 750]

 
Ryan Stewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Posts: 1,693
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Stewart
Default

Do yours have a cut off on the side that illuminates signs? Ours don't and that was the difference between them on my BMW. Ours are level across the horizon.

If that is the case anyone want to ship me a light? I much prefer the right hand rise.
Ryan Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #9
stephen wood
Banned

No MVs in the Registry

 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 1,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswatts312 View Post
Hi guys my 312r has just failed its first UK MOT due to having a non UK spec headlamp ( to say im disappointed is an understatement ) i have had the bike from new and the light is as fitted from the factory ...has any one else had the same problem ?

chris
I can remember purchaseing my first F4 750 from DK Motors, that too failed its first MOT, however I took it back to DK Motors and they said it wasn't a problem, theres a small reflector inside the head light unit to one side of the light/bulb that requires removing and then fixing on the opposite side. DK carried out the work and I got it though the MOT at another garage. Hope that helps if not give DK a call I'm sure they'll be very helpfull, In fact now I think about it a friend of mine who didn't purchase his MV from DK called them with the same problem, they said take the head light unit of and bring it down to the garage and we'll change it while you waite for a small charge.
stephen wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:51 AM   #10
kevsps
Member

No MVs in the Registry

 
kevsps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Slurrey, England
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen wood View Post
I can remember purchaseing my first F4 750 from DK Motors, that too failed its first MOT, however I took it back to DK Motors and they said it wasn't a problem, theres a small reflector inside the head light unit to one side of the light/bulb that requires removing and then fixing on the opposite side. DK carried out the work and I got it though the MOT at another garage. Hope that helps if not give DK a call I'm sure they'll be very helpfull, In fact now I think about it a friend of mine who didn't purchase his MV from DK called them with the same problem, they said take the head light unit of and bring it down to the garage and we'll change it while you waite for a small charge.
The MOT is due on my 2009 312r in 1 months time and just checked and the light beam flicks up to the right :-( so looks like I have the same problem. Looks like a call to the dealer on Tuesday along with the inevitable comment from them along the lines well someone must have changed it at some point in the last 3 years......
As the original dealer was DK I hope that they just post me a UK one. We will see on Tuesday..
kevsps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.