|

Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > Models > F3
Register FAQ Members List

Old 04-28-2012, 07:51 AM   #11
rz33v4

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

It looks like Belgium is the place to be if you want an F3!
rz33v4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #12
Stephen W.

MV in the Registry:
[F3]

Hey! The front fender on the white bike looks suspiciously shiny. Is that C/F or an optical illusion? I think not as the black bike definitely has the dull plastic one. Now, was that something the dealer did or did it come that way???

See what I mean?
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #13
ASM

No MVs in the Registry

The one on the black has the MV sticker on it...the other one looks like a carbon one (but not the one from the Oro) so, I'd argue the dealer eliminated the sad piece of plastic...
Old 04-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #14
Black Hawk

No MVs in the Registry

@Steven W:
No, the front fender on the white one was optional. It was allready sold and the owner wanted the same fender as the Oro. They allready had it in stock too! Good notice, BTW!

And yes, Belgium is the place to be for the F3! 11900 Euro is a price that is crazy. If you know that the R6 costs 13.300 Euro overhere, then the F3 is really a bargain!

@ASM: it's not a sticker, its a pushed in print in the plastic....

Last edited by Black Hawk : 04-28-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Black Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #15
mgivogue
Established Member

No MVs in the Registry

I'll go you 1 better...

In Switzerland, they are in stock and for sale...2 in the shop i went to today and both are available.

Also, price is 13,999 swiss francs - the R6 (standard) is listed at 15,990, the 50th anniversary one is listed at 16,890
mgivogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #16
Hduck

No MVs in the Registry

Black Hawk is correct - the bikes I saw (ex the Oro which has been on display for awhile) all have the matt plastic. In the end you have to decide which bits really matter to you and which do not.
For example - my girlfriend asked me why the white F4s have matching color rear view mirrors but the F3 has black ones.
Carbon, no carbon
Gold, silver, black wheels
Racing mods - the list is nearly endless.

For those who are excited about modifying this beautiful bike and adding their personal touch - go for it! I don't intend to do much to mine but that could be combination of inexperience, lack of imagination or simple admiration for what MV have decided is the final product. But I have no issues with individuality. After all - the readers on here are already swimming against the stream compared to the general bike riding population who, on average, follow the crowd and buy something that conforms to the majority.

In keeping with my original post I must say each day waiting is like a bitter/sweet torture. My white F3 is just a few KM away from me - and yet I must be patient. Time is relative (like everything in life). Whilst 2 weeks may sound like very little, at this point in time I liken each day to climbing Everest. Ok that's a bit dramatic - but my point is simply I am SO EXCITED. I guess I feel like a kid 2 weeks before Christmas.

One final point - I took the white one as it was the only one not yet paid for. My initial preference would've been black. Having seen them in person I couldn't be happier. But I guess I would've been thrilled either way. What I can say for those who've not seen the white in person - you'll be surprised at just how beautifully it shows off the detailing on the bike.
The red/silver is glowing with MV history
The black is wicked and stealth like - I can't fault it and must say it looks better in person than online
The white shows up the "Motorcyle Art" more than the other two.
I don't think I need to describe the Oro.

Perhaps I am biased and perhaps the black one will go faster. Regardless I am a happy camper! (well a frustrated but forced to be patient happy camper).

Good luck to the new and pending owners - it's awesome to be part of a unique and exclusive small club!

Last edited by Hduck : 04-28-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Hduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #17
Black Hawk

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgivogue View Post
I'll go you 1 better...

In Switzerland, they are in stock and for sale...2 in the shop i went to today and both are available.

Also, price is 13,999 swiss francs - the R6 (standard) is listed at 15,990, the 50th anniversary one is listed at 16,890

Don't know that, mgivogue,
I saw 9 (!) F3's in the same store last saturday....
Black Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #18
mgivogue
Established Member

No MVs in the Registry

oooo.....9....now, i'm jealous!

Now, if they were 2k less than the local R6 over there I would have to consider coming for a visit

mgivogue is offline   Reply With Quote