|

Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > General > General Talk
Register FAQ Members List

Old 04-26-2012, 07:26 AM   #41
bungle
Established Member

No MVs in the Registry

The way MV is NOT looking after its customers they could be in trouble at the end of the year.

They have lost me from parting with my hard earned for this year at least, & I guess I am not the only one!

I have not bought from any of the other rivals but invested in some future classics instead.

If MV can sort out all its issues in the same manner as BMW or Aprillia went about there recalls, then I may return to buy a new bike from them.

Taking a 15k bike back to a dealer for repairs & been told, WE ARE SORRY BUT WE HAVE CONTACTED MV & THEY ARE NOT RESPONDING or SORRY BUT THERE IS NO TIMESCALE AS THE PARTS ARE NOT YET AVAILABLE or ITS MV WHAT DO YOU EXPECT!

The F3 could be to MV what the V-DUE was to Bimota.

I really really hope not.

Come on MV give me some confidence to give you 20k in the hope I will be looked after & treated like a customer you would like to retain.

Not a lot to ask. [Is it?]
bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #42
MVista
Cyber SPOTTER

Smile Dearest Ade

My humblest apologies if I offended you.

That comment (my work is done) simply meant that I was leaving MVAgusta.net world to get on with my real life (as in riding MV Agustas the alleged main activity engaged in by the majority of forum dwellers). I left the readers of this thread with something to do ( off beat humour - at least ONE person understood it & found it amusing)

Troll? That's an internet insult isn't it? And a picture with a caption to boot - Yikes! That's the big guns - I am not sure I'll sleep tonight - I do hope my wife will allow me to keep the light on.

Why are you concerned "with who the hell I think I am" What I think doesn't matter does it? I am completely bonkers remember? You have a website to prove it that's that then - you can cease to obsesses.

I must ask (rhetorical question to follow), what personal attack on you? My lottery winning example? Come on, that was extravagant language at best, hardly an attack, powder puffs at 20 paces. I merely promulgated that your posts make you appear to be inward looking, have a negative predisposition & a propensity to make authoritative statements without basis.

You pleaded earlier in this thread for the truth to be spoken - you got your wish before you actually knew it.

It is indeed funny how we all have versions of the truth that don't sit well with others.

You may have the last word without recourse. This is my last post in this thread.

Knock yourself out sweetie.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #43
stephen wood
Banned

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineengineer View Post
BMW "improving" the Mini isn't quite true. All BMW did was take the Mini name from the Rover Group then put a completely new and very different car on the market under the "Mini" brand.
Isn't that what MV has done
stephen wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #44
Velocemoto

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen wood View Post
Kind of....CRC actually did it
MV are the "Mini" of CRC...
Old 04-26-2012, 07:49 AM   #45
stephen wood
Banned

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1andrew View Post
I am going with the glass half full. With the F3 sold out in the US and getting some good reviews I can only hope for the best. Plus I do not want to think of a future with no parts for my MV if she needs them.
That's the spirit, at least i have Ebay to fall back on (F4 spare parts) you'll have to hope that some of the parts on your F3 are the same as the F4. Look! I'm trying my hardest to be optimistic
Old 04-26-2012, 07:54 AM   #46
marineengineer

MV in the Registry:
[F4 MY2010+]

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen wood View Post
You tell me stephen...........

I was simply posting on a comment made about BMW and the Mini.

So you can stop banging your head against a wall now.
marineengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:15 AM   #47
stephen wood
Banned

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
My humblest apologies if I offended you.

That comment (my work is done) simply meant that I was leaving MVAgusta.net world to get on with my real life (as in riding MV Agustas the alleged main activity engaged in by the majority of forum dwellers). I left the readers of this thread with something to do ( off beat humour - at least ONE person understood it & found it amusing)

Troll? That's an internet insult isn't it? And a picture with a caption to boot - Yikes! That's the big guns - I am not sure I'll sleep tonight - I do hope my wife will allow me to keep the light on.

Why are you concerned "with who the hell I think I am" What I think doesn't matter does it? I am completely bonkers remember? You have a website to prove it that's that then - you can cease to obsesses.

I must ask (rhetorical question to follow), what personal attack on you? My lottery winning example? Come on, that was extravagant language at best, hardly an attack, powder puffs at 20 paces. I merely promulgated that your posts make you appear to be inward looking, have a negative predisposition & a propensity to make authoritative statements without basis.

You pleaded earlier in this thread for the truth to be spoken - you got your wish before you actually knew it.

It is indeed funny how we all have versions of the truth that don't sit well with others.

You may have the last word without recourse. This is my last post in this thread.

Knock yourself out sweetie.
I 'v just read the above comments from you and realize what really pisses me off about you, your optimistic authoritative statements without any basis. I should have said thats only 1 of the many annoying qualities I find distasteful about you.
As for the truth, I don't think you can handle the truth, rhetoric seems to be more your style, smoke & mirrors.

You'll be back, you can't help yourself
Old 04-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #48
stephen wood
Banned

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutaleluke View Post
I think Rob was a little over the top.

But you gotta admit, generally you UK folk are a little miserable

P.S. the dood who drew the parallels between the GFC and optimism needs to get off the wacky wacky too.
If it wasn't over optimism that got us all in this global mess, what was it then? I think the money men call it "Sentiment" Like ROB says buy a F3, parts won't be a problem because the one I buy won't break down, and as for all those road testers saying the F3 has got problems! Rob reckons they don't know what they are talking about.

Any way back to the LSD
Old 04-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #49
stephen wood
Banned

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineengineer View Post
You tell me stephen...........

I was simply posting on a comment made about BMW and the Mini.

So you can stop banging your head against a wall now.
And I was simply posting a comment about MV or a bike that has got a MV badge on.

Kind of....CRC actually did it
MV are the "Mini" of CRC

Last edited by stephen wood : 04-26-2012 at 08:36 AM. Reason: more info
Old 04-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #50
haupti

It is in deed shocking to read all the negative posts spread over mvagusta.net.
And this only caused by the introduction of a beautiful supersport, with advanced technology, offered for an affordable price. But it is still polarizing.
It is plain disgusting to read in every thread the same stories, like the posters are just copy and paste.
Even picture threads containing might 10 pictures and 50 pages of vomit.
The entire F3 section stinks.
Now we all know that not everything is rosy with parts, service and to some extend even with MV Agusta's own customer service.
Some left the forum because they didn't want to deal with it.
The majority stayed. And we are still here and we still love our MV Agusta.
MV Agusta SpA is still operating in Varese and does widely better than ever.
I for an example still love my F4S. It is a fantastic motorcycle and puts always smiles on my face once I'm riding it. If I would have listened to the issues testers had in 2000 with the F4 I would have a GSX750R today or I would have given up on motorcycling.
Sure we can always bash MV Agusta for having problems or for using more cost effective production methods.
But how the hell can we compare a 180 peoples outfit with giants like Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha or Suzuki which have hundred thousands of staff. Even producers like BMW, Piaggio (Aprilia/Moto Guzzi/...) or Ducati are giants against MV Agusta. Triumph is building at least half of their production in Thailand.
They developed in Varese a complete new product with an entirely new and advanced engine.
With technology never used before in Supersport.
Sure they are under enormous pressure to make the 3 cylinder line a success.
And for sure the expectations of the customer were sky high after the long wait for the F3.
There are complains about cheap looking parts and so on.
Hey the offer this bikes way cheaper than ever before. Where should they have saved money on production if not by machine welded frames.
Sure also that in our information age bad news are faster around the globe than You could type them.
The positive notes will be simply ignored.
MV Agusta is most likely working on different mappings and we heard from dealers that new soft ware is already available.
If the new mapping is the cure for all complains is still doubtable.
Creating an new mapping is not just a thing of sitting in front of a computer and reading dyne results.
Things have to be tested on the road, the tack and must still be inside the emission law tolerances.
And there we, as the owners of the MV Agusta bikes, the lucky ones who were able to visit the factory, to speak to the peoples behind the operation should at least understand that MV Agusta is a tiny outfit, with big plans and hugh hearts.
I say it again if Castiglioni wouldn't have resurrected the brand MV Agusta we would all miss something.
For many of us an entire live style in motorcycling and some of us discovered even the history, own nowadays even MV Agusta's from the seventies or even older.
I for one can't think of a world without MV Agusta.
And so I wish them all the best.
Might be the forces with Castiglioni and Bordi.
I know the have more dreams and I wish we see many more of them.
As I wish mvagusta.net will find back to civilized manners.
Critic is good but it should be constructive not destructive.
What we read nowadays in the F3 section is the worst advertisement a product could get.
And this is in no way good.
haupti is offline   Reply With Quote