Forum
Go Back   MVAgusta.net > General > General Talk
Register FAQ Members List

Old 04-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #1
RobP

MV in the Registry:
[F4 1000 R]

Default Current state of MV Agusta?

A lot has happened since the MV Agusta-Harley Davidson divorce. MV have launched a couple of new bikes, Castiglione passed away leaving his son at the helm and MV USA has apparently been restructured. It seems though that news (rumors) coming out of the factory are all but silenced. Does anyone with more insight to the company have any clue as to current happenings within MV?
RobP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
esq'z me

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me

Planning on SUCCESS !!!!!
'08 910R, '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike, YSR50 restoration project, '71 CB100
esq'z me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:33 AM   #3
adecritten

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobP View Post
A lot has happened since the MV Agusta-Harley Davidson divorce. MV have launched a couple of new bikes, Castiglione passed away leaving his son at the helm and MV USA has apparently been restructured. It seems though that news (rumors) coming out of the factory are all but silenced. Does anyone with more insight to the company have any clue as to current happenings within MV?
Apparently Rob there is a lot hanging on the SUCCESS of the 675 triple. My sources tell me that MV Agusta can't afford for it to go 'Tit's Up' in any way whatsoever.
Judging by the 675's still available here in the UK it would suggest one of the following:

a) The predicted uptake has not been as oversubscribed as reported.
b) Folk have backed out of the deal for whatever reason.
c) The UK market has been over subscribed.

Lets hope that the factory doesn't have issues like Aprilia did with the RSV4 and now apparently, BMW with 1000RR where the engine has either to be teared down or even replaced.

adecritten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:46 AM   #4
MVista
Cyber SPOTTER

Default Will Things Ever Change In Adesville?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Planning on SUCCESS !!!!!
Sweet, short, optimistic & then there's (as usual).........

Quote:
Originally Posted by adecritten View Post
Apparently Rob there is a lot hanging on the SUCCESS of the 675 triple. My sources tell me that MV Agusta can't afford for it to go 'Tit's Up' in any way whatsoever.
Judging by the 675's still available here in the UK it would suggest one of the following:

a) The predicted uptake has not been as oversubscribed as reported.
b) Folk have backed out of the deal for whatever reason.
c) The UK market has been over subscribed.

Lets hope that the factory doesn't have issues like Aprilia did with the RSV4 and now apparently, BMW with 1000RR where the engine has either to be teared down or even replaced.

Another piece of rip roaring positivity from Ade. The point of it is?

You absolutely never cease to amaze me, I am certain if you won 1,000,000 in the lottery, your initial reaction would be "If I live another 40 years that it would only equate to 6.85 per day". Geez you must be a blast to be around.

I really can't understand what your beef with the F3 is but surreptitiously, overtly and at any opportunity that presents or doesn't present, you paint a gloomy picture for both the bike & the company.

In future I would really love the to know the substance behind the standard authoritative Ade sentence starters such as:

"My sources tell me"
"I have been reliably informed"
"I have it on good authority"

I interpret those introductions as "What I am about to say is a bunch of unfounded crap but I believe it will sound more creditable if I couch it as......"

I have no option, as much as I want to bite my lip I can't (I know people here are sick of our stoushes), I am your polar opposite. - I am nonplus by the negativity you exude - you have made your point, over & over & over & over again. Will it end when someone other than your inner sanctum of followers utters (or types) the words "Yes Ade you are right!"?

Negativity is self defeating & a precursor to depression.

What is problem Ade? There is obviously a serious one.

Last edited by MVista : 04-25-2012 at 05:05 AM.
MVista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:13 AM   #5
adecritten

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post

You absolutely never cease to amaze me, I am certain if you won 1,000,000 in the lottery, your initial reaction would be "If I live another 40 years that it would only equate to 6.85 per day". Geez you must be a blast to be around.

I really can't understand what your beef with the F3 is but surreptitiously, overtly and at any opportunity that presents or doesn't present, you paint a gloomy picture for both the bike & the company.

In future I would really love the to know the substance behind the standard authoritative Ade sentence starters such as:

"My sources tell me"

I interpret those introductions as "What I am about to say is a bunch of unfounded crap but I believe it will sound more creditable if I couch it as......"

I have no option, as much as I want to bite my lip I can't (I know people here are sick of our stoushes), I am your polar opposite. - I am nonplus by the negativity you exude - you have made your point, over & over & over & over again. Will it end when someone other than your inner sanctum of followers utters (or types) the words "Yes Ade you are right!"?

Negativity is self defeating & a precursor to depression. Alcohol is a depressant - don't take that as an intended insult but rather accept my intention as well meaning.

Yet more condescending words!!

Absolutely no problem whatsoever with me Rob..................I think you may have a shock when one day you eventually wake up from your obsessive rose tinted malaise!!

What I have said is the truth and it is reality so.........

DEAL WITH IT !!
Old 04-25-2012, 05:49 AM   #6
Greny

Quote:

"My sources tell me"

Rob , wake up , instead of saying that everything Mv made or makes is perfect. IT,S NOT
You give your opnion on everything but when you can,t have it your way, like on this one http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45342
you answer nothing.
I retired 6 months ago after being in the 2 wheels bussiness for more then 24 years , I know the way it goes nowadays.
The parts comes from China (after a long waiting time, you can,t send it back due to that), so the quickshifter on the new F3 sucks big time, the welds on the frames etc........
It,s not all bad off course , but try to keep a more open mind please.
Greny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:27 AM   #7
Velocemoto

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:

"My sources tell me"

Rob, you've made your point too.
I hope you stop attacking Ade soon.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:47 AM   #8
stephen wood
Banned

No MVs in the Registry

Quote:

"My sources tell me"

Been to optimistic is also self defeating & a precursor to many disasters, just look at the worldwide credit crunch, that was caused by people been far to optimistic.

I do realise that you find the negitive facts regarding mv, sort of interesting? but the blind optimistic side of you thinks are irrelevant, a tad like a child really
Or it could be that you just don't understand the seriousness of the situation and Ade is trying to enlighten you?
Remember grasshopper, people with closed minds are often just useless smug spectators tring to look and sound interesting.

Well, must go now I'av got to ring MotoGB again to see if they are in a position to have another go at repairing my brand new F4 1000RR. Now you would say that I'm been negativity, but Ade would say I'm been factaul, you would then interpret Ade's statment as been negitive again. have a nice day
stephen wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #9
esq'z me

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me

I've met both Ade and Rob and they are both wonderful people.....so boys....., quitcherbitchin.

None of us would be here if we didn't have an affinity for the MV marque and products. So let's all hope the company continues into the future.
I have no idea what the UK market situation is, but from all reports the F3 is sold out in the USA for the year.
The bike racing in Europe taking a 4th place in its second race is a nice bit of news!
'08 910R, '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike, YSR50 restoration project, '71 CB100
esq'z me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #10
adecritten

No MVs in the Registry

Angry Censorship!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
I've met both Ade and Rob and they are both wonderful people.....so boys....., quitcherbitchin.

Just tell me Ed .............

Are folk not allowed to post the truth on this forum anymore without Rob Rossi entering into a personal rant on the author if the content of the post doesn't suit him.